• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LA fleche wallone thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Looking forward to this race.. Long time ago it been this open! I think Skjelmose have a great shot, he probably my favorite to win. Ayuso didn't look too good in Amstel.
I wouldn't read too much into that. Spaniards are historically trash in AGR, too many twists and turns that their straight road minded brains cannot comprehend. 20 years of Valverde, Freire, Purito and Moreno resulted in just 4 total podiums...

Don't see him winning, but it's not because he looked awful in AGR.

The start list (at least at PCS) is filling out now - apparently Magnus Cort is out and Odd Christian Eiking is in for Uno-X? No matter, Eiking will work just as well on my winning combination of fave riders list for the Fleche, and I'll add Jungels also just to make sure my picks completely suck! 🤣

2003. Rebellin in 2004 was the first bunch sprint, and then it has never been any different since.
It honestly feels weird to me that the time when this race didn't end in sprints isn't that far in the past. I think the first edition I ever watched was in 2011 and the way everyone talked about it at the time it already felt like the sprint up the Mur was an ancient ritual. Now I'm looking back at it and realize the vast majority of the Mur de Huy sprints have actuallly happened since I started watching.

It honestly feels weird to me that the time when this race didn't end in sprints isn't that far in the past. I think the first edition I ever watched was in 2011 and the way everyone talked about it at the time it already felt like the sprint up the Mur was an ancient ritual. Now I'm looking back at it and realize the vast majority of the Mur de Huy sprints have actuallly happened since I started watching.
Feel its part of the same trend that happened in Liege with the Ans finish, except its much easier to see why

So it's 4 times up the Wall, huh? These poor guys are going to get dizzy going up and down and around and around so, who's going to think they've won on the 3rd attempt?
I see Jordan Jegat who finished second to Gaudu the other day is down for TEnergies so one to keep an eye on, and Gaudu is here too, which seems odd, but maybe he needs some race time. Skujins had some good form earlier this year, so my outsider pick.

Reactions: Sandisfan
So it's 4 times up the Wall, huh? These poor guys are going to get dizzy going up and down and around and around so, who's going to think they've won on the 3rd attempt?
I see Jordan Jegat who finished second to Gaudu the other day is down for TEnergies so one to keep an eye on, and Gaudu is here too, which seems odd, but maybe he needs some race time. Skujins had some good form earlier this year, so my outsider pick.

Why wouldn't Gaudu be there? He has top tenned before.

Without Cherave its easier than normal

I see Skjelmose as the favourite but not by any significant margin and any of about 20 riders are good enough to win if they get the positioning right on the final climb.

Healy, Madouas, Benoot and Vansevenant will attack with 20-30 km to go. For the first time in over two decades a group will stay away.

Wishful thinking?
It’s tradition for someone to predict that outcome every year;)