• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The "MVP" Mathieu Van der Poel Road Discussion Thread

Page 283 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Awesome spring campaign. The 10th place in MSR still annoys me a bit, but otherwise the perfect campaign, with a bit of luck today.

I'm really really really hoping he accounces a program without mountainbiking next week. Hopefully he will do world's and Olympic road race and either tour or vuelta.

Reactions: jmdirt
GLsjMnyWsAEjJl8.png

Great result today. A podium at this Monument means something when it's on the back end of a dominating RVV/PR double. MVDP has just been flat out on it for the last 16 months - both physically and mentally. Small hiccup at the MTB WC's - only because is it was such a silly mistake and with that form he could've won and owned all 3 WC's. Great to see him fulfill his promise on the road, but at some point we need to see him give the MTB a full go again. In a year with no Olympics just go all in on the MTB after the Spring Classic season.

Awesome spring campaign. The 10th place in MSR still annoys me a bit, but otherwise the perfect campaign, with a bit of luck today.

I'm really really really hoping he accounces a program without mountainbiking next week. Hopefully he will do world's and Olympic road race and either tour or vuelta.
Nope, really like it when he shows up for MTB races, Pidcock too.