• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2024 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not sure you understand the game then. ;) It would have been better if Denmark had been struggling since then the room for improvement would be higher.

I just want wins!

But a purely Swedish team would do worse.

They already got their first podium in a pro race since who-knows-when.

Don't you know. Rule 30 of the internet. "There are no girls on the internet."

I'm not a girl. I'm a woman.

Reactions: hayneplane
I had him in both ‘22 and ‘23. But wasn’t convinced after the results last year. Looks like a mistake right now.
He has scored big in some pretty weak fields so far.

He may continue to do that, if they give him the Hirschi-schedule.

Too early to tell if he is at another level or just in good form this early in the season. I like to see what he does in some WT-races before calling it a mistake.

For me just couldnt fit him in this season.

Hopes for points pinned with Pellizzari in Antalya today ... I hope he gives good omens for the year (Pickering too, but less excited about him). Riley Sheehan has sneakily moved up on GC in Provence ... hope he maintains that. Lamperti for his one chance in Oman. Don't expect a lot from Portugal. Maybe Morgado. Interesting to see August making an early debut in Murcia ... I suppose a faint hope that Fretin sneaks points. A fun day ahead!

A very busy day of racing got off to a perfect start today with Aaron Gate beating 2 other in form fast finishers to claim the New Zealand nationals.

Hopes for Lamperti and Capiot to be in the mix in Oman today but there is a step up in class with the sprinters in opposition.

I expect Remco will crush it on his first race day of the season but hopefully my boy Del Toro can get in the top 3.

I'm going to need more hustle from my picks. Morgado and Martinez finishing last of their groups today isn't going to cut it. At least Carapaz understands what's expected of him.

Yeah, I felt that pain as well. It seems to happen so often, that I'm not sure the UCI has made it clear enough to the riders just what is expected of them when they feature in CQ Teams. It's a responsibility that some don't seem to take seriously. Yet, look at Mads Pedersen ... exemplorary attitude to points accumulation this week ... and he isn't on a single team. Almost like they're collectively taking the Mick.

Last edited: