• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 818 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
It's almost time for his big race, the Tour of Rwanda.

View: https://twitter.com/NewTimesRwanda/status/1756972664994861244

GGJqz5CXcAEMrLL

I still has faith on him, but I admit I enjoy the kind of jokes people makes about all around him these years...It iss quite funny and I admit he deserves a little... anyway, I cant wait to see him riding at Rwanda, even if his paper is similar to last year. But I hope a top 20 at least this year.
It's just some jokes, i would love that he could really finish his career with at least a victory in a stage of the Tour de France.

I still has faith on him, but I admit I enjoy the kind of jokes people makes about all around him these years...It iss quite funny and I admit he deserves a little... anyway, I cant wait to see him riding at Rwanda, even if his paper is similar to last year. But I hope a top 20 at least this year.
He got dropped by his teammates in the TTT. Finished 5:21 behind them. Means he was the slowest athlete of all in a very weak field. He only gets worse. Had this one good moment at the Tour where he got 3rd at the stage. But now his level is already so far off that there can be no recovery.

He got dropped by his teammates in the TTT. Finished 5:21 behind them. Means he was the slowest athlete of all in a very weak field. He only gets worse. Had this one good moment at the Tour where he got 3rd at the stage. But now his level is already so far off that there can be no recovery.
Honestly it’s tough to see. He should have retired after the crash or at least after that Tour. In a different world, he could have won on the Alpe then retired, similar to Contador and Angliru. This is just like watching a slow motion train wreck and he’s choosing not to hop off. Surely it can’t just be the money. Top athletes always give up money when they retire.

Reactions: FroomeWagon
Honestly it’s tough to see. He should have retired after the crash or at least after that Tour. In a different world, he could have won on the Alpe then retired, similar to Contador and Angliru. This is just like watching a slow motion train wreck and he’s choosing not to hop off. Surely it can’t just be the money. Top athletes always give up money when they retire.
He's been a complete fraud the entire time he's been in the public eye. This is who he is. It's 100% the money, but it's enabled by a total lack of scruples.

I wonder has anyone ever been on the winning team at a TTT but at the same time finished last individually? Froome came close to achieving it today. Simultaneously his best result and his worst result since his comeback.
2004 Tour de France saw US Postal winning TTT. Benjamin Noval got dropped and was last one who got credited with a time, however there was Eddy Seigneur who finished outside the time limit.

“The final 10 kilometers featured smaller climbs, but it was still hilly. There were a lot of attacks – my teammates Moritz, Chris, and Joe did a really great job to keep it all together for the final kilometer where I was sitting in a good position.

“Chris was wonderful – he closed down the breakaway in the final kilometers, giving me the chance to win. He also helped me to my first victory in the Tour of Slovakia, now, he’s done it for me again. Amazing!