• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2024 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Update #4: Boris98 takes the week as shalgo's romp continues

This week saw racing on several continents, with the sad exception of Andalucia that got in less than 5km total. But lots of races mean lots of points, and a few teams got a really good handful.

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Boris98725
2Nevs680
3shalgo672
4del1962663
5escartin639

Clearing the impressive bar of 700 points, Boris98 slots into top place with 725 for the week. Boris had a brace of high scorers, the highest of which was the popular Dani Martinez (176 points, 60 teams), but also less popular picks Benoit Cosnefroy (130, 16), Jan Hirt (125, 15) and Finn Fisher-Black (100, 15). Nevs nails second place with 680 points headed by 3 of the 4 riders that Boris had (sans Hirt), while shalgo continues accumulating points at eye-watering pace headed by those exact same three riders as well.

This Week's High Movers

RankTeamUp/down
1Boris98(+23)
2escartin(+22)
3adamski101(+20)
4Hugo Koblet(+19)
5nbfc1962(+17)
5Nevs(+17)
5del1962(+17)

Boris98 doubles up this week, parlaying thos 725 points into a 23 spot jump. escartin is right behind, moving up 22 with Martinez/Hirt as well as 80 points from a really-should-have-been-48 points Lenny Martinez (11 teams). adamski101 lands in third.

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1shalgo120
2Jakob747106
3Boris9861
4Squire55
5vsd8854

shalgo overtakes Jakob747 this week after nabbing a third place to follow up two wins. Jakob doesn't score any points this week, while Boris98 (45 this week), Squire (1 this week for a tie for 15th) and vsd88 (20 points) all increase their totals.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)shalgo2586
2(+2)DJ Sprtsch2145
3(-)Squire2124
4(-2)Jakob7472107
5(-)skidmark1959
6(+23)Boris981910
7(+3)JumboVismaFan1907
8(+17)Nevs1898
9(+12)vsd881890
10(+17)del19621867

The top 5 is the same 5 teams as last week, but further down there are some gigantic leaps into the top 10. Boris98, Nevs, vsd88, and del1962 all catapult into the top 10, at the expense of repre, ingsve, Gotland and trackstand.

This week we have the 2.1 Tour of Rwanda and 2.1 O Gran Camino, the 2.WT UAE Tour, and a little thing called Opening Weekend!!!

spreadsheet at dropbox

So I guess we can conclude that Faure Prost is definitely not a TT-er.

Foss and Poole with okay starts in their first race of the season, up against some guys who are clearly in better shape.

Kepplinger starting to give me regrets. The downside of having heavily researched so many riders is that I'm gonna say this about a lot of guys! :sweatsmile: Latecomers to the sport are one of my favourite kind of picks though, but I guess I was burnt a bit by Osborne last season, so I left Kepplinger out. At least Lemmen was underwhelming in today's TT.

This is my week in the game:

UAE Tour (2.UWT)
FOSS Tobias
FAURE PROST Alexy
POOLE Max

Tour du Rwanda (2.1)
LECERF William Junior

O Gran Camiño (2.1)
STAUNE-MITTET Johannes
BERNAL Egan
HAYTER Ethan
CARAPAZ Richard
PIGANZOLI Davide

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad (1.UWT)
CAPIOT Amaury
PIDCOCK Thomas
MORGADO António

Faun-Ardèche Classic (1.Pro) & Drôme Classic (1.Pro)
MASNADA Fausto
BUSATTO Francesco (only on the startlist for the latter, but I expect him to do both once the lists are finalised)

Kuurne - Brussel - Kuurne (1.Pro)
HAGENES Per Strand
LAMPERTI Luke
SEGAERT Alec

Reactions: search
In my struggle to avoid last place, it's a shame that Price-Pejtersen just managed to overtake Bilbao at the line today. Still it's only Bilbao's 12th ever top 10 in a WT ITT, and it's put him into a decent position ahead of the mountains which I can't complain about. I don't really think that I'm going to finish only 2 points behind RhD when the game is over anyway, but it could have prolonged my run in the top 93.

In my struggle to avoid last place, it's a shame that Price-Pejtersen just managed to overtake Bilbao at the line today. Still it's only Bilbao's 12th ever top 10 in a WT ITT, and it's put him into a decent position ahead of the mountains which I can't complain about. I don't really think that I'm going to finish only 2 points behind RhD when the game is over anyway, but it could have prolonged my run in the top 93.
A battle for the ages.

I was very surprised to see myself in 5th for the week, mainly because I had totally forgotten that I had picked Jan Hirt! :sweatsmile: It would have been even better if Ruta del Sol had been less of a mess (Ayuso) and if THJ had not crashed.

Really dispiriting after last year, which was mostly down to my eccentric selections/omissions. This team just seems to be cursed. As soon as anyone shows any form and start scoring points, they crash - Plapp, Oldani, Vauquelin, THJ. And Ayuso misses out due to bog-botherers. Currently 50th, but could be so much higher with any semblance of luck.

O Gran Camino
Carapaz
Piccolo
Staune-Mittet
Hayter

Time for half the teams to shout 'Stop hanging round the back waiting to crash Ethan!'?

My team is still a bit of crap. Lets see if it can get any better.

UAE Tour (2.UWT)
August Andrew
LEONARD Michael
LUND ANDRESEN Tobias

Um, No.

Tour du Rwanda (2.1)
LECERF William Junior

Yes!!

O Gran Camiño (2.1)
STAUNE-MITTET Johannes
HAYTER Ethan
CARAPAZ Richard
PICCOLO Andrea
RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos
UIJTDEBROEKS Cian

Hayter wins a stage, Cian gets 2nd in GC and a few other top ten GCs in there.

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad (1.UWT)
BARONCINI Filippo
GIRMAY HAILU Biniam
TURNER Ben
VALGREN Michael
WRIGHT Fred

Its now or never Fred.

Faun-Ardèche Classic (1.Pro) & Drôme Classic (1.Pro)
SIMMONS Quinn

Back to back victories

Kuurne - Brussel - Kuurne (1.Pro)
BARONCINI Filippo
GIRMAY HAILU Biniam
HODEG Alvaro Jose
SEGAERT Alec
SVRCEK Martin
TURNER Ben
WRIGHT Fred

Is there a universe where Svrcek and Hodeg beat Wout and Jasper?

• Haha
Reactions: Squire
Any idea, when Thomas Gloag will start his season? He is quite popular in this game and nearly hasn't raced since last years giro..
He was hit by a car in training in August, which ended his season. Has been zero news about him since then, but word on the street was that he wasn't seriously harmed by the accident, just enough that it made sense to end his season early.

So I'm wondering the same, really.