• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tadej Pogacar and Mauro Giannetti

Page 134 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Look at the first two stages of Catalunya:
Yesterday one guy made the rest look like amateurs in a sprint to the line, an anaerobic effort. Maybe the guy can't climb? Well, today he did the same during an aerobic effort on a long climb.
The true watt monster, the king of anaerobic and aerobic power!

They don't call him the GOAT for nothing.

My question is why can't anti-doping catch Pogacar? What's missing in the science?

What's the current method that eludes anti-doping checks?
the science is there, as his biological passport would reveal some abnormalities. But the UCI want "the show" so more money can be generated into cycling from the Saudi's and possibly more middle eastern investors. So I think its mainly UCI corruption and turning a blind eye on these specimens who are making a mockery of the entire peloton with their continuous "not normal" efforts. Also, we no longer have a reporter with balls ? There is no David Walsh among the lousy media these days.

the science is there, as his biological passport would reveal some abnormalities. But the UCI want "the show" so more money can be generated into cycling from the Saudi's and possibly more middle eastern investors. So I think its mainly UCI corruption and turning a blind eye on these specimens who are making a mockery of the entire peloton with their continuous "not normal" efforts. Also, we no longer have a reporter with balls ? There is no David Walsh among the lousy media these days.
Yes, great points. But you lost me at the end. David Walsh lost all credibility with the Sky fiasco IMO.

It was a 46 minutes effort. 12 riders today faster than Chaves back in 2021.
Tailwind? :D

So just like the Armstrong and Sky eras. But IMO so is the recent rise of Visma.

@red_flanders: The point about David Walsh stands. He might have lost credibility at the end but there are no inquisitive journalists these days. Else at least one journalist would be asking questions if what we are witnessing can be believed. But lazy journalism is the norm these days. If you can make a good living easy, why challenge the status quo with the stress that would bring. Just report the show and don't worry about how.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
So just like the Armstrong and Sky eras. But IMO so is the recent rise of Visma.

@red_flanders: The point about David Walsh stands. He might have lost credibility at the end but there are no inquisitive journalists these days. Else at least one journalist would be asking questions if what we are witnessing can be believed. But lazy journalism is the norm these days. If you can make a good living easy, why challenge the status quo with the stress that would bring. Just report the show and don't worry about how.
If you were an inquisitive journalist today you'd be accused of anti-east europeanism with a racist agenda against Slavs. Much easer to go after Americans, if you hail from the franco- anglo-saxon world.

• Haha
Reactions: red_flanders

I think the bigger issue is how does one ask questions when we know what happens to people who ask questions?

How exciting.

We know that when Vingegaard and Pogacar are equally ballistic, they hold hands until the final 200m. Meanwhile every single race only one of them races is completely unwatchable.

When Vingo and Pog are is similar form I can't see them cooperating on a climb anymore. So they will be holding hands together with those competing for the best human trophy.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
If you were an inquisitive journalist today you'd be accused of anti-east europeanism with a racist agenda against Slavs. Much easer to go after Americans, if you hail from the franco- anglo-saxon world.
Did they go after Sepp Kuss winning the Vuelta? Did they go after Horner winning the same in 2013? Journalists are never there when we need them. Its not always nationalistic.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider