• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris-Roubaix Femmes 2024, one day monument, April 6 (women's)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Some pics from the finish

GKfmzhxWkAEBe_n

GKfoQn0XUAEGmAK

GKfoyypXQAIL0PH

GKfnhn-WoAE29qJ

GKfntjpXkAEAYbK

GKfmzLxWwAAp7Gm

Paternoster had a puncture while in 5th position when Kopecky attacked on the cobbles. You can see her fading away really fast at 19,5km to go.
I watched it a couple times and when they went to the side and back on the cobbles she had a hard bump and started losing positions immediately.
Couldn’t see her in the 2nd group after the secteur so she had to switch bike/wheel.
Finished 21st still. Great classics season.

The last years everyone is riding with a skinsuit I guess. It used to be for sprinters but then “marginal gains” happened.
Yea, and it sucks when others do it too. It's just more immediately obvious with champion jerseys because they get the bands all bent up.

She knows it too, which is why she changed into a proper jersey and black shorts for the podium ceremony to look more presentable and respectable as a champion.

Yea, and it sucks when others do it too. It's just more immediately obvious with champion jerseys because they get the bands all bent up.

She knows it too, which is why she changed into a proper jersey and black shorts for the podium ceremony to look more presentable and respectable as a champion.

prob just the sponsors wanted a clean jersey and SD Worx didnt have a duplicate kit ready, and just gave her the standard kit combo to change into, I mean she chose to ride in white shorts on a notoriously muddy course, I dont think shes that bothered about receiving the trophy in black shorts, even if we all agree it looks far more respectable :D

as for the skinsuit thing, I mean yeah its half marginal gains, but prob also half comfort, bib straps can chafe on a bouncy course like that, how they do proper pee stops though with them I dont know.:oops:

Tough DS. If you don't make the first two, you are expected to self-immolate.

well have you seen the footage theyve posted from the DS car following her ?

not convinced its quite the positive message they think theyre sending with it, and no wonder she didnt know she had finished 3rd till later, as she just ignores them like I would if anyone was speaking to me like that

Can anyone from the Netherlands translate exactly what he said before he got the result ? I get the general gist of it obviously, but might be missing something in the parlance of Dutch slang

View: https://twitter.com/dsmfirmpostnl/status/1776691260708807162

• Wow
Reactions: Armchair cyclist
We've had four editions and four different races. This was the worst one so far. It became too much like the gravel stage in the first Tour de France Femmes, where the pace was high on the gravel, but disappeared in-between.

Trek having Van Dijk also made a big difference, but the mind games between Kopecky and Vos were the most crucial element, apart from the weather.
Actually all four editions have been meh. One more edition will give us a good idea how the race will be in the future.

Paternoster had a puncture while in 5th position when Kopecky attacked on the cobbles. You can see her fading away really fast at 19,5km to go.
I watched it a couple times and when they went to the side and back on the cobbles she had a hard bump and started losing positions immediately.
Couldn’t see her in the 2nd group after the secteur so she had to switch bike/wheel.
Finished 21st still. Great classics season.
Thought she had a puncture, however, she did not mention it in Backstage Pass.

Reactions: Didinho