• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser known races 2024 edition

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
French housewives rejoice everywhere as it turns out FDJ have another boyish young man on the rise who wears glasses, winning Circuit des Ardennes stage 2 today

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Joseph Blackmore took the final stage and the gc in Circuit des Ardennes. That’s his third gc victory so far this year and sixth win in total. I know the level of these races hasnt been the highest but its very impressive for a rider in his age nonetheless. Two times he has now taken the leader’s Jersey on the final day.

Joseph Blackmore took the final stage and the gc in Circuit des Ardennes. That’s his third gc victory so far this year and sixth win in total. I know the level of these races hasnt been the highest but its very impressive for a rider in his age nonetheless. Two times he has now taken the leader’s Jersey on the final day.

He's having an insane year, he's super interesting. Very punchy guy who can climb (don't think he's a real climber tho) but is also pretty fast in a sprint. Super consistent. I wonder if Israel has locked him already, Ineos should be interested.

Quickstep even looks weak for the Wednesday races now. But Brabantse Pijl has always been Pieter Serry's best race, so maybe he can still spring a surprise.

edit: he even got a star in Het Nieuwsblad :D

* **** Matthews
**** Cosnefroy, Teuns
*** Hermans, Laurance, Wellens
** Godon, THJ, Hirschi, van Gestel
* Berckmoes, Braet, Hermans, Serry, Strong, de Bondt

somehow they must have missed MvdB, though.

Last edited:
Quickstep even looks weak for the Wednesday races now. But Brabantse Pijl has always been Pieter Serry's best race, so maybe he can still spring a surprise.

* **** Matthews
**** Cosnefroy, Teuns

Mathieu van der Boel

Reactions: Didinho
Good news: no riding in the gutter on the Hertstraat. (This is Remco’s chance!)

and not on the “gravel” on the Moskesstraat. All cobbles.

Combo with the Holstheide really tough.

Last 3-4km side headwind untill the finish.

Could do the S turn to finish on the big ring. From the 1km banner untill 500m or so it’s the “hardest” part. Headwind coming from the left side.
Lost the sprint to this lady but she was furious they gave it to Wout, despite my photo finish.
Already too many cars in front, they will never learn.

Last edited:

* **** Matthews
**** Cosnefroy, Teuns

Whose stars are those?

Axelgaard at Feltet does it like this:
***** Michael Matthews
**** Stephen Williams, Benoit Cosnefroy
*** Marijn van den Berg, Axel Laurance, Corbin Strong, Antonio Morgado, Dorian Godon
** Andreas Kron, Alexander Kamp, Vincenzo Albanese, Dylan Teuns, Tim Wellens, Tobias Johannessen, Marc Hirschi, Quinten Hermans, Søren Kragh, Sandy Dujardin, Jenno Berckmoes, Vito Braet, Jenthe Biermans, Francesco Busatto, Andrea Vendrame, David Gonzalez

And then the rest of the field at * basically.

Personally I think Teuns is more correctly rated in your preview. I also don't believe too much in Strong, and I think Hermans is a pretty decent bet, so three stars looks fair.

Personally I think Teuns is more correctly rated in your preview. I also don't believe too much in Strong, and I think Hermans is a pretty decent bet, so three stars looks fair.
I still think this circuit without Schavei is fairly easy, and in good conditions (like today) favors guys like Strong & Laurance over Teuns/Williams and Quinten Hermans.

But in four editions since introduction, it still never really came down to a bigger sprint. Whether this is because two of them were wet and the other two had WvA/MvdP blowing things apart, or because I'm completely wrong, we will see today, I guess ;).

Reactions: Squire