• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Amstel is Gold, Jerry, Gold! Men's Classic One-Day Race, April 14, 2024

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Amstel Gold (Men) 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Me reading these posts about others riding the cyclo:
Screen_Shot_2017-11-10_at_10.36.15_AM.png

For climbers the best place to attack is with 40 km to go, on the duo Kruisberg-Eyserbosweg. The final chance to attack uphill is the Cauberg. After that it can become a tactical race. Perhaps Quinten Hermans can sneak away while everyone is watching Van der Poel.

UAE, Visma, Ineos and EF have good climbers, but not all of them have done well in the classics in the past two years. Hopefully some unexpected outsiders can get into the mix.

Reactions: Sandisfan
For climbers the best place to attack is with 40 km to go, on the duo Kruisberg-Eyserbosweg. The final chance to attack uphill is the Cauberg. After that it can become a tactical race. Perhaps Quinten Hermans can sneak away while everyone is watching Van der Poel.

UAE, Visma, Ineos and EF have good climbers, but not so many of them have done well in the classics in the past two years. Hopefully some unexpected outsiders can get into the mix.
Amen. I mean amen-corner is where the us masters will be decided.
As for AGR, I'm resigned to Mvdp beating 7 lumps of SHlT out of the field and the most exciting thing being Gilbert on the motorbike going up the Cauberg. I'd like to be surprised though.