• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mental or random cycling statistics

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It means I made the mistake of trusting someone on Twitter.

I swear I doubled checked this before I posted it. Alas, i was wrong.

Either way, they're having a great season by their standards, & their star man hasn't gotten going yet.
Actually I remember now. I wasn't wrong, I just had a senior moment & forget to add the important detail to my post.

My original post should've pointed out that they've won 9 wins by this point of the season, which is far more than they've achieved by the same point in previous seasons. Apologises for the confusion! The point I wanted to make was they're having one of their best starts for a long while (if not ever), and there's more to come.

3 in 2023 (9 all season)
1 in 2022 (11 all season)
1 in 2021 (12 all season)
2 in 2020 ( 5 all season)
3 in 2019 ( 14 all season)

Reactions: tobydawq
Actually I remember now. I wasn't wrong, I just had a senior moment & forget to add the important detail to my post.

My original post should've pointed out that they've won 9 wins by this point of the season, which is far more than they've achieved by the same point in previous seasons. Apologises for the confusion! The point I wanted to make was they're having one of their best starts for a long while (if not ever), and there's more to come.

3 in 2023 (9 all season)
1 in 2022 (11 all season)
1 in 2021 (12 all season)
2 in 2020 ( 5 all season)
3 in 2019 ( 14 all season)

What about the part with 2014? ;)

• Angry
Reactions: Izzyeviel
MVDP in 2024 monuments:
10th MSR - 1st RVV- 1st PR - 3rd LBL = 15

Lowest sum of results since...

Adrie van der Poel in 1986
7th MSR - 1st RVV- 3rd PR - 2nd LBL = 13
It’s cool to see that, but on the other hand hardly any riders race all 4 of those in the same season so I’m not sure the sample size is really large enough take much from that. Other than the 2 VdPs have an unusually expansive tool set.

Reactions: hayneplane
It’s cool to see that, but on the other hand hardly any riders race all 4 of those in the same season so I’m not sure the sample size is really large enough take much from that. Other than the 2 VdPs have an unusually expansive tool set.
also, 3 riders have podiumed Roubaix and LBL in the same year

2024-MVDP
2022-WVA
1986-AVDP

Two riders podiumed RVV, PR and LBL in the same year.
2024 - MVDP
1986 - AVDP

I think only Pogacar could do the same (and WVA ofc)