The end is near - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 03-23-12, 02:55

Default The end is near

and after something just over 2 years, I have decided to resign as a Moderator on CyclingNews' forum.

It is a decision that was difficult as I am very aware of the hard work the remaining Moderators do every day to support this community and doubly aware that my leaving dumps more onto them. The associated stress and guilt is why the decision took so long.

For me, the role in the last year or so became an all day every day task and the enjoyment of helping out had been replaced by the difficulties of reacting to events and personalities on the site. I am not someone who can leave tasks for others generally and had tried to maintain a partial presence by only getting involved sporadically. I have found though that it is a case of all or nothing for me.

Unfortunately, this means I am resigning. Enjoy the forum follks and be nice to the remaining Moderators. They deserve much more gratitude than you probably realise!

http://velorooms.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersracer
Ironically, statistical studies confirm (with statistical significance!) that people who make these sorts of claims about statistics have an IQ at least 2 standard deviations below the mean.
Old 03-23-12, 03:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin318is View Post
and after something just over 2 years, I have decided to resign as a Moderator on CyclingNews' forum.

It is a decision that was difficult as I am very aware of the hard work the remaining Moderators do every day to support this community and doubly aware that my leaving dumps more onto them. The associated stress and guilt is why the decision took so long.

For me, the role in the last year or so became an all day every day task and the enjoyment of helping out had been replaced by the difficulties of reacting to events and personalities on the site. I am not someone who can leave tasks for others generally and had tried to maintain a partial presence by only getting involved sporadically. I have found though that it is a case of all or nothing for me.

Unfortunately, this means I am resigning. Enjoy the forum follks and be nice to the remaining Moderators. They deserve much more gratitude than you probably realise!
Martin..... via PM I wanted to say more. I will do that tomorrow. I just want to say thank you and that I apologize for any stress I may have caused you over the past. Take care and be FAST.
Old 03-23-12, 03:26

cheers Martin. You deserve a break.

It's been an interesting two years around here hasn't it? Glad to see you are taking some time for yourself.
Thanks for your work and dedication.

see you around
Old 03-23-12, 03:48

Well Martin, you were the biggest reason why I volunteered to be a mod for a while (meaning that you were a positive example), you were a great help when I stared in that role, and you've been a very balanced and calm presence on these boards for a long while. You've done a lot to keep the forum from self-destructing and from keeping the place from being over-moderated. And you had your head firmly up your backside when you closed the uniballer thread! Had to get that in there two years after the fact. Cheers for all the work you've done. Your efforts will be sorely missed.
Old 03-23-12, 03:53

Cheers Martin, I enjoyed your moderation in my short while here (and in my time of lurking prior to that for some reason too). Enjoy the break from responsibilities.

I apologise for being a tw*t, which I have been regularly here.
Old 03-23-12, 04:12

Martin - I think you have done an exceptional job here.

While people might disagree occasionally with decisions or ideas, no one can deny that you guys all do great stuff at keeping things together and running well.

It can be a thankless and time consuming task, and for you to give so much for a long period of time is truly appreciated.

thank you
Old 03-23-12, 05:30

Hope you stick around to post, Martin. Thanks for being a great moderator.
Old 03-23-12, 07:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGoddess View Post
Martin - I think you have done an exceptional job here.

While people might disagree occasionally with decisions or ideas, no one can deny that you guys all do great stuff at keeping things together and running well.

It can be a thankless and time consuming task, and for you to give so much for a long period of time is truly appreciated.

thank you
I think AG sums it up well for me. Thanks, Martin.

Hope we continue to see you here and/or at Velorooms.