History Question - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 04-02-12, 00:35

Default History Question

To all you cycling historians: Has anyone, pre Boonen, won Harelbeke, GW and De Ronde in the same year? If Boonen takes Roubaix on Sunday, I assume that no one has captured these 4 races in a single year. Is that right?
Old 04-02-12, 00:41
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrj1170 View Post
To all you cycling historians: Has anyone, pre Boonen, won Harelbeke, GW and De Ronde in the same year? If Boonen takes Roubaix on Sunday, I assume that no one has captured these 4 races in a single year. Is that right?
iirc rick van looy won all 4 in 62. . . at least thats what i remember reading on the race thread today.

Last edited by Parrulo; 04-02-12 at 01:02.
Old 04-02-12, 00:44

Van Looy is the only person to win Gent-Wevelgem, De Ronde and Paris-Roubaix in the same year - 1962. Nobody has won those 3 and E3 Harelbeke too, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
you must respect the Cobra, a man who can give himself his own nickname. he trancends hubris.
Old 04-02-12, 01:02
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyboy View Post
Van Looy is the only person to win Gent-Wevelgem, De Ronde and Paris-Roubaix in the same year - 1962. Nobody has won those 3 and E3 Harelbeke too, yet.
ok i stand corrected