UCI World Tour Teams for 2013 - Page 7 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 10-31-12, 22:48

That wasn't a one-day race.

Forever tête de la course.
Old 10-31-12, 22:57
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Yeah I understand wha do you mean...you are a good guy,more people like you and this forum would be even better
Thank you, you are one of the good people on the forum as well .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Chainel and Mondory have got a few decent top 10s in their time in the Classics, or top 20s, enough to get some ranking points. Bagdonas has potential.

And really, what's Rinaldo Nocentini got to do to get some love around here?
He used to live for top 10s in the Italian one day calendar, with the likes of Emilia, Lazio, Tre Valli Varesine, Melinda, Bernocchi, Veneto, Agostini and Sabatini. Has some good wins in races like the Giro dell'Apennino, Lugano and the GP Miguel Indurain. And since he's been able to do the WT one-day races he's managed 5th and 10th at Flèche, 7th at Plouay, 9th at Amstel Gold and an array of positions 11-20 at LBL, Amstel, Lombardia etc.
Nocentini isn't mentioned a lot I think because he doesn't really win a lot of high profile races. But regardless of this I think he is a very good rider and a very consistent finisher; especially this year I think he has been very consistent.
Old 11-01-12, 10:51

Ok, the new signings are making saxo bank a much better team, maybe worth of WT status then the 2012 team. Allthough Bresschel, Bennati and Roche had not so good seasons lately and scored only below PT level in some minor races, I don't think they are such strong riders that they really need to be in the WT, much less then Degenkolb and maybe Kittel on flat stages. Kreuziger is a talent who didn't developed in 4 years. They are all good riders and together they can make a WT team, but individual I don't think they are in the same league as Degenkolb.

Of course I didn't follow the transfers that much, because this is the time for Cyclo cross, Koppenberg this afternoon!! And of course the points should be at team level. A place in the WT of 2013 should be because a team was with the 18 best teams in 2012 and maybe half of the points from 2011 are mixed in. Riders who bring in a lot of points are still worth a higher salary because they will probably bring in a lot of points the next season too.

I'm still wondering why everybody thinks FDJ is in? Politics? Did they score in races outside France?
Old 11-01-12, 11:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
I'm still wondering why everybody thinks FDJ is in? Politics? Did they score in races outside France?
"FDJ y Lotto-Belisol parten con una clara ventaja pues tienen licencia en vigor, por que la última plaza se la disputarán holandeses y daneses."

http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/not...a.asp?id=56784

Supposedly since FDJ and Lotto have current licenses, they have a clear advantage.

Last edited by cineteq; 11-01-12 at 11:21.
Old 11-02-12, 18:33

UCI announces first round of ProTeam, Ex-Radobank was seeking renewal of licenses.
Old 11-02-12, 19:14

to be fair ... the last couple of years SaxoBank have suffered from uncertain sponsorship, with people jumping ship (IT Factory after their fraud-scandal) and the lack of a co-sponsor to Saxo (Sungard leaving after 1 year, with Riis unable to get another sponsor), and a major loss of riders to Leopard (Schleck's, Voigt, Cancellara, Fuglsang etc) ... such a big loss from the inner team takes some time to repair