Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 354 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-03-12, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadDane View Post
As for actual Contador-news. I find it really awesome that he's started that junior team!

Could this guy be one of the junior riders
https://twitter.com/J_Cantwell/statu.../photo/1/large

Last edited by jyhjyh; 11-03-12 at 10:58.
Old 11-03-12, 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
Could this guy be one of the junior riders
https://twitter.com/J_Cantwell/statu.../photo/1/large

Aaah
Old 11-03-12, 13:38

It would be starting them young!
Old 11-03-12, 14:47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Oh,so there are crystal gazers and psychologist here.This is a really multi-function forum
Here? Then try the clinic, you find everything from rats to girafs over there.
Old 11-03-12, 14:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdluz7 View Post
Brad McGee about Contador. [URL="http://"[B]This guy, in January, is good enough to win a grand tour and it's just a question of by how much[/B]," he explained. "He's an amazing athlete. He's a freak as far as I'm concerned. He's got all the elements - he's the perfect size so he can morph from a time triallist from a climber, his work ethic is second to one - he's just meticulous to the final annoying point. He really drives you into the ground because of how complete he is on all aspects.""]
I have this impression too. It is a rare sight seeing AC completly out of form coming into races with loads of weight needed to be trimmed down. His form over a season seems to shift from "good" to "super" while he never underperfoms in any races. It doesnt mean he will win every time but it isnt like he drops from the favourites and these kind of things. He can even attack when in bad shape so its a unnatural specimen good ol Alberto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadDane
At first I guess people didn't like him because he came and in a way "took" the Tour victory many felt belonged to Rasmussen. Guess some people still feel that way tbh...
Then of course for a couple of years he was the main rival to the next big "Danish" Tour-hope.
And everything changed when he became a Saxo-guy, now he is the main "Danish" Tour-hope himself...
Not to mention that fact that because he's on a Danish team we've sorta gotten to "know" him better.
Intresting. The danish people have surely reasons to "dislike" AC from a historical point of view. But i think depending on what your opinion about Riis is will reflect the opinion on Contador. People can be very understanding when he drives in yellow at Champs Elysees in July.

http://chrisfroomelookingatstems.tumblr.com/
Old 11-03-12, 14:57

I actually find it a bit silly how he went from being 'big bad Alberto Contador who first stole Michael Rasmussen's Tour win, then made it impossible for Andy to win the tour, even attacking as Andy's chain went off!'
to 'Amazing Alberto Contador who is going to win the Tour for us, and whose 2010 Tour win was given to evil traitor Andy Schleck.'
Old 11-03-12, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidolix View Post
Here? Then try the clinic, you find everything from rats to girafs over there.
I never visit Clinic.
Quote:
I actually find it a bit silly how he went from being 'big bad Alberto Contador who first stole Michael Rasmussen's Tour win, then made it impossible for Andy to win the tour, even attacking as Andy's chain went off!'
to 'Amazing Alberto Contador who is going to win the Tour for us, and whose 2010 Tour win was given to evil traitor Andy Schleck.'
Yea,its funny
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-03-12, 15:16

Quote:
Shows the irrationality of supporting a team just because its manager and sponsor are from a certain country. Especially when the team's leaders have always been foreigners.
Old 11-03-12, 15:18

Compared to Rasmussen even Contador appears like a worthy Tour winner.
Old 11-03-12, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye Bicycle View Post
Compared to Rasmussen even Contador appears like a worthy Tour winner.
Lol you're funny