Should You Wear Team Kits? - Page 58 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > General

General Discuss your experiences road riding, share knowledge or other general road cycling topics. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 10-20-12, 16:53

When I no longer a part of any cycling club I always wear team clothing, when I am a huge fan of Bianchi I use the clothing attacched to one of the Bianchis I own. Barloworld, Liquigas or Androni Giocattoli.
I search a old Bianchi of Team Alessio-Bianchi EV4 or ML3 anyone who wants to
sell a complete bike of that team or frame in size 57 send me a message =)

The photo show my Androni collection

/Fritz
Old 10-22-12, 00:08

wow how did you get all that stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
you must respect the Cobra, a man who can give himself his own nickname. he trancends hubris.
Old 10-22-12, 07:23

Hello Lucky boy,

Yes itīs pretty much stuff of Team Androni Giocattoli, the most of the stuff comes from the Team itself, ebay and Bianchi.

But I always tries to find more

I will do similiar photo with my stuff from Team Liquigas-Bianchi :-D

Best regards,
Fritz
Old 11-03-12, 14:17

Yes, if you can find a version that is absent the typical profusion of sponsor names... As a bigger guy, they should be reaching out to me to advertise on my billboard sized torso...
Old 04-26-14, 05:53

Should we wear team kit? ABSOLUTELY. In fact, nothing but team kit. Because the prices for team kits is far more affordable than all the other anonymous/ generic cycling wear that all the other companies are now making available! It seems that all the other companies, Capo, Pearl Izumi, Castelli are all jumping into the $200+ price point for a simple short sleeve summer jersey!!!! This used to be a price point that was once the territory of Assos. Now everyone is jumping into the pool, headlong. I have not had any problem with Team kit I wear from Vermarc, or Sportful, or even Nalini and Craft. Just what is on the minds of the manufacturers that have hiked the price of cycling clothes so high, so rapidly? I know I will not pay the exorbitant prices these manufacturers are currently demanding. The money is better spent on my bike than on these overpriced clothes. This summer I will be riding in Omega-Pharma Quickstep kit, both Belgian Champ and regular, by vermarc (just, not the carbon forma models) and last years Saxo Bank kit, by Sportful. Really stylish stuff, IMO, and far more affordable apparel than the overpriced garments that are coming on the market more and more these days.
Old 04-26-14, 14:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Should we wear team kit? ABSOLUTELY. In fact, nothing but team kit. Because the prices for team kits is far more affordable than all the other anonymous/ generic cycling wear that all the other companies are now making available! It seems that all the other companies, Capo, Pearl Izumi, Castelli are all jumping into the $200+ price point for a simple short sleeve summer jersey!!!! This used to be a price point that was once the territory of Assos. Now everyone is jumping into the pool, headlong. I have not had any problem with Team kit I wear from Vermarc, or Sportful, or even Nalini and Craft. Just what is on the minds of the manufacturers that have hiked the price of cycling clothes so high, so rapidly? I know I will not pay the exorbitant prices these manufacturers are currently demanding. The money is better spent on my bike than on these overpriced clothes. This summer I will be riding in Omega-Pharma Quickstep kit, both Belgian Champ and regular, by vermarc (just, not the carbon forma models) and last years Saxo Bank kit, by Sportful. Really stylish stuff, IMO, and far more affordable apparel than the overpriced garments that are coming on the market more and more these days.
I don't know where you shop, but there is a lot of non-team, reasonably priced kit for sale in stores here in Vancouver. It's never been better value than it is know. The price of everything continues to fall.

Personally, I don't really wear team kit, other than some really old stuff, but that's only because I mostly just wear my (reasonably-priced) club kit.
Old 04-26-14, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkybiker View Post
I don't know where you shop, but there is a lot of non-team, reasonably priced kit for sale in stores here in Vancouver. It's never been better value than it is know. The price of everything continues to fall.

Personally, I don't really wear team kit, other than some really old stuff, but that's only because I mostly just wear my (reasonably-priced) club kit.
I second this post. The only reason I don't wear team kits is because they are so expensive (at least for me here in the states.) Generic cycling clothes from Performance or Nashbar or similar places are WAY cheaper than team kits.
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes - Rom 1:16"

http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/

Old 04-28-14, 06:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspear View Post
I second this post. The only reason I don't wear team kits is because they are so expensive (at least for me here in the states.) Generic cycling clothes from Performance or Nashbar or similar places are WAY cheaper than team kits.
Sorry guys but while you both think clothing is getting cheaper, or nashbar and performance are the places to shop. Those conclusions are somewhat off base. Nothing wrong with those two retailers, but try looking on Competitive Cyclist or Colorado Cyclist sites. There you will find: Assos, Castelli, Nalini, Gore, Capo, Louis Garneau, Giordano. When you look at the latest jerseys, the larger number of them are $100 plus. Team kit is not as expensive as a lot of that generic kit, unless you get a couple of the higher end vermarc or Castelli (again) team kits. Art's cyclery sells some affordable priced team kit, as does the Pro bike kit site. Bob's Shop site and all4cycling are good sites too. You guys talk like seasoned shoppers. But prices are doing anything but falling. Open your eyes a little wider and you might find some better looking clothes for better prices. And you'd learn that team kit is no more expensive than any of the other clothes, and is often cheaper, and better looking than some of the geometric chaos that some companies put out there.
Old 04-28-14, 09:15

It's just me, but I would actually rather pay a little more to get a generic kit, than wearing a team kit.
I would just feel too stupid wearing, say, a Tinkoff-kit, not because I have anything against the team, but because I'm not on the team!

Hmm... nowhereman, did you just tell winkybiker and Jspear that those cheaper-than-team-kits generic kits they've got doesn't count because they're not the right kind of generic kits?
Old 04-29-14, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror of Tashkent View Post
Vincent, our hapless middle aged roadie, has been given a talking to by his wife on wearing team kit.

What do you think about the average roadie wearing pro team outfits?
If it is clear you are a fan and not on the team - of course.

If it looks, and you look, like you are on the team then you are a poser.

If you want to be a poser - that is fine. But then you are a poser.