Is Michele Ferrari recommending bloodtranfusions as treatment on his webpage??? - Page 6 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 11-04-12, 03:03
peterst6906 peterst6906 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Any suggestions?
If you have one of Australia's major universities around, you can always read and photo copy the hard version of the journal in the library.

Most of the regional universities have electronic access to the journals but these days you require student login details in order to access them.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-04-12, 03:06
Dear Wiggo's Avatar
Dear Wiggo Dear Wiggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sunny Australia
Posts: 5,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterst6906 View Post
If you have one of Australia's major universities around, you can always read and photo copy the hard version of the journal in the library.

Most of the regional universities have electronic access to the journals but these days you require student login details in order to access them.
Thanks. I had forgotten about Unis and their libraries - there's one up the road from me. Much obliged. They would have studies and textbooks.
__________________
Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-04-12, 03:11
peterst6906 peterst6906 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Thanks. I had forgotten about Unis and their libraries - there's one up the road from me. Much obliged. They would have studies and textbooks.
They'll have both.

If its a large university, each department or faculty may have a library that will have most of the topical textbooks and journals and will be easier to find material.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-04-12, 03:22
Dear Wiggo's Avatar
Dear Wiggo Dear Wiggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sunny Australia
Posts: 5,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterst6906 View Post
They'll have both.

If its a large university, each department or faculty may have a library that will have most of the topical textbooks and journals and will be easier to find material.
I might even pretend to be a student and hit up a lecturer
__________________
Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-04-12, 03:29
peterst6906 peterst6906 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
I might even pretend to be a student and hit up a lecturer
Haha...at big unis they'll have no clue if you walk up and talk to them, but I think you'll find that it would be easier to just tell a lecturer the truth and arrange a meeting.

Most lecturers don't spend much time with undergrads and leave tutorials/labs, etc. To the post grads.

So you could arrange a meeting with a lecturer and explain what you are interested in and most will be happy to assist. The alternative would be to speak with a postgrad, who might take the time to explain the science rather than simply pointing to or providing references.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-04-12, 04:10
Dear Wiggo's Avatar
Dear Wiggo Dear Wiggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sunny Australia
Posts: 5,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterst6906 View Post
Haha...at big unis they'll have no clue if you walk up and talk to them, but I think you'll find that it would be easier to just tell a lecturer the truth and arrange a meeting.

Most lecturers don't spend much time with undergrads and leave tutorials/labs, etc. To the post grads.

So you could arrange a meeting with a lecturer and explain what you are interested in and most will be happy to assist. The alternative would be to speak with a postgrad, who might take the time to explain the science rather than simply pointing to or providing references.
Yes it was attempt at humour, I am not into lying

In my experience, lecturers were willing to help people who were curious, and had made an attempt already. They tended to eject you from the office when you just came expecting answers.

Lots of possibilities. Thanks again.
__________________
Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.