Vino bought the 2010 LBL? - Page 47 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-04-12, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjambunath View Post
Why was it discounted till now is the more important question.

These aren't new claims. L'illustre published transaction details on the fourth of July. Wonder what the cycling media were doing when this was published?
http://www.illustre.ch/Alexandre-Vin...v_162322_.html

150k, nice bonus sharing
i don't think they were able to find anything at the time.

in the first article i sited, there's this (emphasis added is mine):
Quote:
The payoff revelations were first reported by Swiss magazine L'illustre.

"It's a very old story," UCI spokesman Enrico Carpani told The Associated Press, adding that the UCI asked L'illustre for evidence of the case two years ago but was turned down.
Old 11-04-12, 09:57

So, they published it now. It doesn't change that they've alleged that two transactions worth 150 grand have been made and that the Padova prosecutors believe it's proof.
Old 11-04-12, 10:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjambunath View Post
So, they published it now. It doesn't change that they've alleged that two transactions worth 150 grand have been made and that the Padova prosecutors believe it's proof.
and the "evidence" is finally being passed on.

it took them two years to come up with it, so have a little patience and let the authorities look at the information that was given on a weekend when offices were closed.

honestly, the vitriol against Vino has reached a new level since Vino won the Olympics fair and square. deal with it
Old 11-04-12, 10:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
So much hatred in here.
Maybe that's because we don't like the idea of bike races being bought.

This puts the spotlight back on the Olympics.

Will you be happy to see cycling banned as an olympic sport?

Vino is a typical sport cheat: doesn't care about anything, any damage to the sport so long as he wins. Riders like him are a large part the reason cycling is in the state it is today.

BTW I did like his attacking style of cycling, but could never enjoy it, knowing what he'd get up to.
Old 11-04-12, 10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
Is it july yet? gingerwallace gracing us with his presence.
Haha! Touché
Old 11-04-12, 10:22

I enjoyed his racing, but didn't support him. Not that I support many. It's not like he's the only cheat around. This is a different allegation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post

it took them two years to come up with it, so have a little patience and let the authorities look at the information that was given on a weekend when offices were closed.

honestly, the vitriol against Vino has reached a new level since Vino won the Olympics fair and square. deal with it
I'm dealing fine enough, not the one having a strop now It could be ignored and all will still be sunshine and roses, no?

Btw, the illustre article was published before the olympics.
Old 11-04-12, 10:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
Maybe that's because we don't like the idea of bike races being bought.

This puts the spotlight back on the Olympics.

Will you be happy to see cycling banned as an olympic sport?

Vino is a typical sport cheat: doesn't care about anything, any damage to the sport so long as he wins. Riders like him are a large part the reason cycling is in the state it is today.

BTW I did like his attacking style of cycling, but could never enjoy it, knowing what he'd get up to.
Honestly if cycling should be banned from the olympics, it should not be becasue someone payed someone for the victory instead of the second place. If that was the reason tennis would have been banned a long time ago rofl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 11-04-12, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post

Vino is as corrupt as the oil oligarchy of the nation that supports his baby Astana, in ex-Soviet style state propaganda. None of this is surprising, however, I'm wondering if the Italian PM will really be able to incriminate him, because of all the political and economic interests between Italy and Kazakhstan and their respective mafias. Although they have the evidence to do so and Astana, now with Nibali, seriously risks loosing its World Tour liscence. These orthodox/former Polit Bureau states have replaced such former oligarchies, with state sponsored oil mafias. Hence corruption is rife within the very DNA of the institutions, to where it becomes a hereditary culture of their society.

As reported in today's la Gazzetta dello Sport, the Roberti led Padova investigation has sworn testimony from Bertagnolli and Voldymir Bileka regarding Astana and Ferrari, movements from Swiss bank accounts and Monte Carlo (a triangulation between Ferrari's son and the two fiscal paradises, with fake contracts to boot); as well as e-mails and phone conversations between Kolbonev and Vino, which irrefutably demonstrate the veracity of the accusations.

To assert anything to the contrary is simply asinine.

Last edited by rhubroma; 11-04-12 at 11:18.
Old 11-04-12, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubroma View Post
To assert anything to the contrary is simply asinine.
i apologise that i still haven't figured out how to take a pic of a tweet, so this will have to do:

festinagirl ‏@festinagirl
Quote:
UCI using the several months old story about Vino's LBL as yet another smokescreen
^^^ my thoughts exactly.
Old 11-04-12, 11:39

When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up