Transfers and Rumours 2012 > 2013 - Page 315 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-12, 15:57

I was told one of them is an certain U23 Australian rider who has gotten various minor results this year. I know some posters in here have talked about him during the year, but he's not exactly a rider that makes my **** boil......The other one (presumably Australian too?) I don't know.

(Sorry, can't reveal due to the contest, but do the math if you're interested in which low-name rider, CWO has hyped this time)
Old 11-04-12, 16:16

They signed Beavis and Butthead.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 11-04-12, 17:06

No matter who they signed - if they donīt have the medical and personal connections to boost Rasmussen and Schumacher to really classy results again, it will be the same with Zaballa and the two other "champions".
Being Continental Team, they donīt have to undergo Biological Passport, so one would expect better showing from them. Schumacher was good in San Luis, but should have been able to win Tour of Denmark.
Also, their racing schedule is nothing special, or hasnīt been special in 2012, given the roster they have. Endura, Meridiana, Idea, ..., all had better programmes.
Old 11-04-12, 18:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
I'd love to see him have another go. A complete enigma but man the guy was a tank at U23
as are most east-europeans with their early physical peak and often clinical related stuff (back then)
Old 11-04-12, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH19861986 View Post
No matter who they signed - if they donīt have the medical and personal connections to boost Rasmussen and Schumacher to really classy results again, it will be the same with Zaballa and the two other "champions".
Being Continental Team, they donīt have to undergo Biological Passport, so one would expect better showing from them. Schumacher was good in San Luis, but should have been able to win Tour of Denmark.
Also, their racing schedule is nothing special, or hasnīt been special in 2012, given the roster they have. Endura, Meridiana, Idea, ..., all had better programmes.
christina watches are part of bio passport at leats will be next year.
Old 11-05-12, 01:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazistuta View Post
I was told one of them is an certain U23 Australian rider who has gotten various minor results this year. I know some posters in here have talked about him during the year, but he's not exactly a rider that makes my **** boil......The other one (presumably Australian too?) I don't know.

(Sorry, can't reveal due to the contest, but do the math if you're interested in which low-name rider, CWO has hyped this time)
Fully dedicating himself to the road he might be OK, not a world beater but definitely an improvement for CWO.

Last edited by Ferminal; 11-05-12 at 01:46.
Old 11-05-12, 11:31

- Both under 25
- One of the riders has won a stage-race in 2012 in which a Dane, who isn't on a Danish UCI-team, had a good result.
Old 11-05-12, 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadDane View Post
- Both under 25
- One of the riders has won a stage-race in 2012 in which a Dane, who isn't on a Danish UCI-team, had a good result.
A Dane with a good result... that should give it away, there weren't that many
Old 11-05-12, 13:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
A Dane with a good result... that should give it away, there weren't that many
If I'm not completely wrong the Dane is Either Bak, Alex, Mortensen, Birdie, Breschel or Vandborg...

Okay, I'm lost! Bak was tenth in Ster ZLM, but while Cav might be a former World Champ he's older than 25 and going to Quickstep.

Birdie won both Tour of Luxembourg and Tour of Austria himself and was 6th in US Pro Challenge... but I'm pretty sure Vande Velde meets exactly none of the requirements.

Are there other Danes not on Danish UCI teams?
Are junior teams UCI? They'd be under 25 for sure!

Last edited by RedheadDane; 11-05-12 at 13:49.
Old 11-05-12, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadDane View Post
If I'm not completely wrong the Dane is Either Bak, Alex, Mortensen, Birdie, Breschel or Vandborg...

Okay, I'm lost! Bak was tenth in Ster ZLM, but while Cav might be a former World Champ he's older than 25 and going to Quickstep.

Birdie won both Tour of Luxembourg and Tour of Austria himself and was 6th in US Pro Challenge... but I'm pretty sure Vande Velde meets exactly none of the requirements.

Are there other Danes not on Danish UCI teams?
Are junior teams UCI? They'd be under 25 for sure!
Ah, I've found him. Hint: the Dane is not one of the guys you mentioned. And the rider they've signed is indeed a bit underwhelming. He also participated in the two races Schumacher won at the end of the year.
Closed Thread