Vino bought the 2010 LBL? - Page 53 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-05-12, 16:09

I love Vino..

But its never really been a secret he purchases victories... I mean not as well known as that armstrong was doped, but i think quite a lot of people kinda assumed he did...
Old 11-05-12, 16:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpehue View Post
I love Vino..

But its never really been a secret he purchases victories... I mean not as well known as that armstrong was doped, but i think quite a lot of people kinda assumed he did...
pls tell the world
Old 11-05-12, 16:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Ok, gotcha. Just turn a blind eye to any kind of corruption in cycling and let it continue without doing anything to try and make it better. Sounds like a good motto for the UCI, now that I think about it.

Missed my point completely there, I don't think paying the other guy for their work should be necessary to make them work with you. I think the chance of winning a monument should be enough to get both riders to work together without needing an exchange of money. I don't doubt that paying another rider to work with you is something that goes on but I am not sure if it is what went on in this case.
:facepalm: that what I meant. you are clueless. it is not about making the other rider work with you. but having something in return in case of losing the race. that deal is as old as cycling itself
Old 11-05-12, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
What pistolera said. There is no proof of any wrong doing in any of those cases. Yet there is in the Vino case. Paying someone to lose a race like the emails indicate is not something that we should turn a blind eye towards. When there is proof of it then something should be done about it. Making the sport cleaner should be the top priority, but I don't see why we shouldn't try to stop riders from buying races as well. I see buying a race as just another form of doping.
don't worrie. nothing will happen and vino will keep his win. aso knows cycling unlike most of you here and isn't it hilarious that from all the padua hype, this is all they got? I guess I should go back to the clinic again to laugh at some people.

also about uran. uran makes 700.000 euros a year in sky. you think vino paid him anythign near that to lose gold? please explain why vino offered only a pitiful 150.000 for winning lbl. kolobnev made far more than that in a years salary
Old 11-05-12, 16:54

Because Kolobnev probably blasts away his money buying TUEs and medication. Kolobnev is a small fish anyway.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 11-05-12, 16:58

150,000 is 25% of 600,000.

Suppose a guy makes 40,000 a year, an average salary in northern Europe. Are you telling me a bribe of 10,000 euros for doing something like losing on purpose isn't going to be convincing?
Old 11-05-12, 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descender View Post
150,000 is 25% of 600,000.

Suppose a guy makes 40,000 a year, an average salary in northern Europe. Are you telling me a bribe of 10,000 euros for doing something like losing on purpose isn't going to be convincing?
I would guess that he makes more than 600,000 annually, but the real point isn't how much he makes annually, but how much *more* he could make with a win in L-B-L. I would guess that that win would be worth more than 150,000 €.
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 11-05-12, 17:21
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
:facepalm: that what I meant. you are clueless. it is not about making the other rider work with you. but having something in return in case of losing the race. that deal is as old as cycling itself
Let's not resort to facepalms and insults, you didn't make that clear in your last post. A deal like the one you describe does make sense, the only problem is the emails don't really read like this was the deal. Vino saying you did the right thing for example sounds like it was more a deal to buy the race then a compensation for Kolobnevs work deal. If these kind of things happen as much as you say then I don't know why Vino would have to reassure him that he did the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
don't worrie. nothing will happen and vino will keep his win. aso knows cycling unlike most of you here and isn't it hilarious that from all the padua hype, this is all they got? I guess I should go back to the clinic again to laugh at some people.

also about uran. uran makes 700.000 euros a year in sky. you think vino paid him anythign near that to lose gold? please explain why vino offered only a pitiful 150.000 for winning lbl. kolobnev made far more than that in a years salary
When did I say anything about Uran? As far as I know there isn't any proof that Vino payed Uran. Or did you just quote the wrong post?
Old 11-05-12, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
I would guess that he makes more than 600,000 annually, but the real point isn't how much he makes annually, but how much *more* he could make with a win in L-B-L. I would guess that that win would be worth more than 150,000 €.
His salary would've still been the same, and the prize money isn't all that big too. What if he'd obviously lost instead of acting like he was hurting on the final climb? That way it would't have mattered if he got any money for the loss, because everyone could see it was a fraud.

Maybe Contador will receive another ban for gifting the Tourmalet stage to Schleck, while that was only for friendship's sake.

Point is, it doesn't matter if a race is won in a fair way, what counts is the quality of racing and the excitement of watching the race live, not reviewing it over and over afterwards.

Last edited by Pentacycle; 11-05-12 at 18:12.
Old 11-05-12, 18:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
His salary would've still been the same, and the prize money isn't all that big too. What if he'd obviously lost instead of acting like he was hurting on the final climb? That way it would't have mattered if he got any money for the loss, because everyone could see it was a fraud.

Maybe Contador will receive another ban for gifting the Tourmalet stage to Schleck, while that was only for friendship's sake.

Point is, it doesn't matter if a race is won in a fair way, what counts is the quality of racing and the excitement of watching the race live, not reviewing it over and over afterwards.
And then we wonder why cycling has such a bad image...