Kimmage unleashes hell, counter-sues Verbruggen & McQuaid - Page 24 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-04-12, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
The Federations and the teams are all part of of the UCI umbrella. The UCI is responsible for the anti-doping and administration of the sport by which the Federations and teams are governed by. The UCI has provided statements for the sponsorship agreements that the sport is run in a fair and equitable manner. If the UCI is working against a sponsor by protecting an athlete with rival sponsorship deals then its has broken the contract, the agreement and the law.
SKINS entered into cycling sponsorship deals in 2008.

Armstrong's cosy and protected arrangements with UCI were known and odious to arouse suspicion before that date.

His "donations" to UCI came out in the SCA hearing in 2006.

Verbruggen had admitted before 2008 Armstrong had been making substantial donations in cash.

The totally flawed Vrijman report commissioned by the UCI concerning scientific analysis of Armstrong's 1999 B samples for EPO was prematurely released via the back door in 2006 (allegedly to prevent UCI committee scrutiny).

There was sufficient suspicion for SKINS to be caveat emptor to be vigilant to the possibility of being involved supporting a corrupt sport.

Cycling is but one of ten sports sponsored by SKINS.
Old 11-05-12, 02:28

Default "Death by a thousand cuts"

While UCI executive might be standing by "Nein and Fat" presently, I would guess the power brokers are continuing to assess the situation.

H and P may believe they "serve" the cycling fraternity, and will continue to exist in this deluded state, I suggest UCI pragmatists will be watching the trembling dominos.

Sufficient "legal noise" will, as others assert, result in UCI cutting H and P loose...to defend matters without UCI financial support. And shortly thereafter "gently persuading" H and P to "resign" all connections with UCI.

Hopefully this action does not occur before all the "noxious bacteria" are clearly identified, excoriated and banished.

John

Craig X W

Last edited by JA.Tri; 11-05-12 at 02:30. Reason: quotation mks
Old 11-05-12, 02:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
Amazing how fans react after their hero got stripped. now they want to burn it all down and make sure to throw those who sought the truth also burn for tearing down Armstrong.

Pathetic.
Funny they never spoke up against the lawsuits used by McQuaid, Verbruggen, Armstrong to silence dissenters.
Old 11-05-12, 02:41

Given this is unlikely to go away any time soon, what are the chances that UCI are actually embarassing the other sports using Switzerland as a base, and even Switzerland itself?

Any possibility the Swiss do a NoTW number on the heads of the UCI for tainting their country's good name?
Old 11-05-12, 03:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA.Tri View Post
While UCI executive might be standing by "Nein and Fat" presently, I would guess the power brokers are continuing to assess the situation.

H and P may believe they "serve" the cycling fraternity, and will continue to exist in this deluded state, I suggest UCI pragmatists will be watching the trembling dominos.

Sufficient "legal noise" will, as others assert, result in UCI cutting H and P loose...to defend matters without UCI financial support. And shortly thereafter "gently persuading" H and P to "resign" all connections with UCI.

Hopefully this action does not occur before all the "noxious bacteria" are clearly identified, excoriated and banished.
Nein, Nein, Nein.

I like this! First I heard/read it.

Allow me the poetic license to string my two favorites together: Nein and Phat.

Perfect.

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 11-05-12, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Given this is unlikely to go away any time soon, what are the chances that UCI are actually embarassing the other sports using Switzerland as a base, and even Switzerland itself?

Any possibility the Swiss do a NoTW number on the heads of the UCI for tainting their country's good name?
It's a good point. Similar to the occasional exposure/cutting loose of confidentiality for some small time financial trader or African dictator. A sacrifice for the bigger picture status quo.

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Old 11-05-12, 12:43

Article by Kimmage over the weekend to the Irish Independent.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/othe...g-3281852.html

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Old 11-05-12, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Article by Kimmage over the weekend to the Irish Independent.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/othe...g-3281852.html
Good article.

PK lets the cat out of the bag by informing it cost the Times over 500,000 GBP (about $800,000) in costs for the Armstrong defamation case.

That would be amount paid to Armstrong to settle + their own costs. That would be the amount they would be looking to recover from Armstrong in having the settlement/judgment set aside.

I expect that the Times lawyers would have already been in communication with Mr. Herman.
Old 11-05-12, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velodude View Post
Good article.

PK lets the cat out of the bag by informing it cost the Times over 500,000 GBP (about $800,000) in costs for the Armstrong defamation case.

That would be amount paid to Armstrong to settle + their own costs. That would be the amount they would be looking to recover from Armstrong in having the settlement/judgment set aside.

I expect that the Times lawyers would have already been in communication with Mr. Herman.
the amount was released by others, Walsh included iirc.
Old 11-05-12, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velodude View Post
Good article.

Somehow I think Mr Herman will be making less on the way down than he did on the way up.