Best young riders for 2013? - Page 6 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-05-12, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
Otherwise their is still time for last year's predictions of Novikov and Silin to prove their worth this year.

In terms of the TPers, well much has been said about the Aussies and of course Bobridge though by no means a surprise should finally start to prove his immense talent though he is at Rabo. Hepburn has been in the shadow of Durbo and Bobridge but he is certainly talented. But Kennaugh is someone who has been labelled by the Sky management as a rider with bagloads of potential, his career on the road so far has been hindered by the track so this season will tell us a lot about him.
Yeah Kennaugh does but he has spent some time on the road so that is why i dont think he has been mentioned [SIZE="2"][stop giving away cq tips]. Also Silin this year moved teams but he is now at a super Astana squad and Nikita probabably found it hard to adjust. Hepburn has never rode a full season on the road above the U23 level, that is why i think we are all mentioning and Durbridge has so much potential.

@Hugo and Parrulo: Thanks.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"
Old 11-05-12, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
Lutsenko, no doubt :=)
He's gonna be a beast.

I'll add Luca Wackermann.
Old 11-05-12, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenedge View Post
Yeah Kennaugh does but he has spent some time on the road so that is why i dont think he has been mentioned [SIZE="2"][stop giving away cq tips]. Also Silin this year moved teams but he is now at a super Astana squad and Nikita probabably found it hard to adjust. Hepburn has never rode a full season on the road above the U23 level, that is why i think we are all mentioning and Durbridge has so much potential.

@Hugo and Parrulo: Thanks.
Kennaugh has been transitioning from track to road and amongst balancing the Olympics coming up on the track, he obviously did not really commit totally to the road, so indeed this will be the first time we truly see what he has to offer fully..

Indeed I have been following Silin for some while and after some very impressive perfomances last year he stagnated a bit this year. Seeing as in his first pro season (I assume) with Katusha he really impressed (I always seem to recall the break with Schleck on Stage 18 brilliant for a neo-pro) it is a shame that he has not moved on though of course his move to Astana certainly did not help. He will lack opportunities next year, but nevertheless I am certain that if he finds the form of 2011 he will certainly excel at the team.

Novikov indeed as well obviously has found it hard to adjust to pro racing, but as usual hopefully it will take him a year to get over it and the year coming up will be the year which he starts to excel.

Last edited by Froome19; 11-05-12 at 22:29.
Old 11-05-12, 23:15
Administrator

you can't have been paying much attention froome , the riders with andy on last years break were dries devenyns and maxim inglinsky, silin showed himself with a couple of breakaways iirc on last year's tour but not much more and certainly not the one with schleck.
Old 11-05-12, 23:19

I do not believe you are right Parrulo.
I have rewatched that stage at least twice, but check for yourself

Edit: Check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkxOy...eature=related at 32:10 for proof..
Very impressive as he stayed on for a long time considering that the original break was so big.

Last edited by Froome19; 11-05-12 at 23:23.
Old 11-05-12, 23:27
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
I do not believe you are right Parrulo.
I have rewatched that stage at least twice, but check for yourself

Who knows I may be wrong
well i just checked and he was there on the valley and was dropped with 16.7k to go (fast youtube check) so he just happened to be on the breakaway that was caught by shcleck on the descent and then followed schleck on a flat and false flat section being dropped as soon as it got a bit steeper. not exactly super impressive to be honest that is why i didn't even remember he was there.

he didn't even help on the flat like devenyns did

sorry despite him being there on the break that performance is anything but impressive, i would say dozens of young riders had better performances last year during the season.

Last edited by Parrulo; 11-05-12 at 23:30.
Old 11-06-12, 05:40

How about Coquard? I think he can do something in 2013, like Demare did in 2012
Old 11-06-12, 06:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraZyCaLL View Post
Not if Lutsenko is there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 11-06-12, 12:43

I am very much looking forward to following Loic Vliegen in 2013. I think he is an exceptional talent!

Umberto Orsini. Nephew of Andrea Tafi. Excellent climber with heeps of potential.

Silvio Herklotz. Extremely powerful athlete. Looking forward to seeing how he handles the transition to Sub-23.

Just to name a few!
Old 11-06-12, 12:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraZyCaLL View Post
Does he have a team for next year ?

Edit: nvm I already found it signed with Europcar