JV talks, sort of - Page 220 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-06-12, 11:53

The irony, the irony.

It is funny how the core critical posters of JV, Garmin, Millar etc accuse them of PR spin but they themselves are quite happy to twist facts, twist statements, misquote, take things out of context and make things up all in the name of their agenda. If that is not PR spin, then I don't know what is.

They are no better than those they criticise but boy do they like to feel all entitled and righteous.
Old 11-06-12, 11:53

Well done JV for taking the lead via AIGCP on pushing that the teams fund an independent doping agency directly.

“I think (UCI’s) Francesca Rossi’s and Mario Zorzoli’s work has been excellent. My desire is that you should take those components, people like Rossi and Zorzoli, and separate them out from (the UCI),” added Vaughters. “They shouldn’t be under the same roof.”

Vaughters wants to see that group moved to a different office, funded directly by teams and race organizers, with WADA having the ultimate authority and auditory power.

The 18 first-division teams each pay 120,000 Swiss francs annually to the UCI for its anti-doping system. Vaughters said that teams could fund the new group directly.

“(It would be) a separate company, the ultimate executive control is with WADA, but with the same execution and process that the UCI has now. It’s the case of not wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater, because there are some excellent people working at the UCI on the biological passport.”

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...program_263968

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Old 11-06-12, 12:01

Hmmm, not sure about Zorzoli at all. Shady character IMO.
Old 11-06-12, 12:04

I'm not sure about Rossi either.
She called the "lab error" on Hesjedal's data, but couldn't corroborate it.
Convenient.
Old 11-06-12, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
the guy came 11th in the Dauphine prologue that year. Ex-jnr world tt'er, Basically a bottom age too when he won it, cos a December birthdate.

Beat Hushovd by a coupla secs, then Thor wins the prologue in the Tour, the one where it was just an up an back, think it was only 5km. Or I might be mixing up the DL prologue, with the TdF prologue. Also a material amount of time, ahead of Wiggins. In a prologue. When Wiggins was hitting this distance for his objectives. Think DZ was second, George third, who the heck won, the memory is failing this. Could not have been Vino could it. It may have.

All this comes off memory JV. So, no, I think most guys who read my posts, know I can reel off esoterica re:results from the period 02-09, off by memory. Some like Libertine Seguros, will correct me if I am wrong, or conflate a rider, or detail. But dont follow the results page on CN now, nor the sport really. Definitely not a CQ watcher.

So, might wish to ask the forum at large, if I am making up facts to fit my agenda. Lend it over to others to decide this. I am confident others will answer in my favour.
No you are correct I checked the facts but I too was also correct in that the season in question was 2006. So the training camp you mention would be when Millar had just been sat on the sidelines for 18 months with another 6 months of suspension to serve.

I hardly doubt Millar was in tip-top condition at that time and when he came back improved as you suggest, that was actually 6 months later at the Tour not a few weeks or months later. Millar was of course focused on being in condition at the Tour, not the pre-season training jaunt when he knew he wasn't racing for another six months.

Once again another example of selective fact usage to push the agenda. Of course if nobody checks, then it all looks great for you. Too bad I know how you guys actually operate in twisting facts.
Old 11-06-12, 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcg76 View Post
No you are correct I checked the facts but I too was also correct in that the season in question was 2006. So the training camp you mention would be when Millar had just been sat on the sidelines for 18 months with another 6 months of suspension to serve.

I hardly doubt Millar was in tip-top condition at that time and when he came back improved as you suggest, that was actually 6 months later at the Tour not a few weeks or months later. Millar was of course focused on being in condition at the Tour, not the pre-season training jaunt when he knew he wasn't racing for another six months.

Once again another example of selective fact usage to push the agenda. Of course if nobody checks, then it all looks great for you. Too bad I know how you guys actually operate in twisting facts.
well. that is fair enough. I had mail. It could be incorrect. Yes, I have an agenda.
Old 11-06-12, 12:40
Banned

Quote:
I think you have completely misunderstood my point to the point.

In simple terms - Ricco is no worse than anyone else in the peloton when it comes to doping.
So the answer to my question is, no, you don't accept that Ricco is not just middle of the pack when it comes to doping.

Any evidence?
Old 11-06-12, 12:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
So the answer to my question is, no, you don't accept that Ricco is not just middle of the pack when it comes to doping.

Any evidence?
Puerto files, USADA evidence, Festina affair, Voet's evidence, Polti evidence, the Jalabert evidence, Humaplasma, Joe Papp's evidence... and probably every other doping affair that has emerged has shown that Ricco is not on the outer reaches of doping.

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
Old 11-06-12, 12:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post

Any evidence?
oh, I dont think he meant that. It is plainly obvious Ricco will use everything under the sun.

We are on the same field, that Ricco is not worse than other riders who are still pursuing an edge. Say, Cark Mavendish. Shlank Freck. etc. They charge big time, to win, with no conscience, and regret.

But compare Ricco to say, Dan Martin, well, he has it (doping regimen) over in spades on a comparible grimpeur in the peloton.
Old 11-06-12, 13:35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
oh, I dont think he meant that. It is plainly obvious Ricco will use everything under the sun.

We are on the same field, that Ricco is not worse than other riders who are still pursuing an edge. Say, Cark Mavendish. Shlank Freck. etc. They charge big time, to win, with no conscience, and regret.

But compare Ricco to say, Dan Martin, well, he has it (doping regimen) over in spades on a comparible grimpeur in the peloton.
You do know spoonerising a name won't protect you from a libel suit, yes?

Hard to ignore the fact both Ricco and Franck have popped, and Cavendish never has, to my knowledge.

It's that merging of known fact and mere accusation drives somebody doollaly.

As for Dan, well being Stephen Roche's nephew can't be easy in these sort of debates...