Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > General

General Discuss your experiences road riding, share knowledge or other general road cycling topics. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-02-12, 15:29

I have hairy legs, and I'm a cyclist (when I'm actually on my bike) and what're you gonna do?
And I already said I don't shave because I ride bikes...
Old 11-02-12, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobilis View Post
I never let the hair grow back because it will be more difficult to shave it andd because I can't stand the lok of hairy legs anymore, even during winter.

I usually shave each friday, because most of the time, racing is on Sundays and I follow the myth that says that one shouldn't shave the day before a race.

As for the discussion going on here, I think that RHD got it a bit wrong because the thread is targeting a specific group of people, which are cyclists who race and not bike commuters because there is no sense for a bike commuter to shave. And the fact that RHD shaves during summer and stops during winter is for different reasons.
Very well put Nobilis.

RHD, I hope you are just being obtuse and not a troll.
Old 11-02-12, 21:48

at this point i am trying to be good enough to be a wanna-be Fred...
Old 11-03-12, 07:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by laziali View Post
RHD, I hope you are just being obtuse and not a troll.
You were the one who said people who don't shave can't be cyclists. Just because you live in a country where cycling unfortunately is so rare that 'cyclist' refers to a special group of people on bikes, rather than just people who uses bikes as the fast, easy and convinient method of transportation they are.
Instead of claiming that people who doesn't have can't be cyclists you need to transform everybody in your social-circles into cyclists themselves. For example: You say that Mrs laziali has had to accept your cyclist mentality, don't stop there! Get her a bike!
And if you get children, bring them up with bikes from they're tiny!
Old 11-03-12, 08:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadDane View Post
There is no need to punish the kids.

Or:

That made a lot of sense, still on the secret sauce I see.
Old 11-03-12, 09:47

Quote:
You were the one who said people who don't shave can't be cyclists. Just because you live in a country where cycling unfortunately is so rare that 'cyclist' refers to a special group of people on bikes, rather than just people who uses bikes as the fast, easy and convinient method of transportation they are.
Instead of claiming that people who doesn't have can't be cyclists you need to transform everybody in your social-circles into cyclists themselves. For example: You say that Mrs laziali has had to accept your cyclist mentality, don't stop there! Get her a bike!
Yes can confirm Mrs Laziali and the kids have bikes. Were riding them in the sun today as it happens. Nothing to do with cycling in the Cyclingnews.com sense though.

Where I live, there will be many thousands of real cyclists (along with quite a few Freds) out on the road tomorrow. Including me and my posse of tan-lined, über skinny fast riders doing a 200km ride in the hills. See, we have nothing in common with your version of bike riding, or for that matter the bike riding I did on my town bike with the family today. Just two totally different activities.

And so, again, RHD, we return to what THIS thread is about: cyclists who shave because they race, used to race or just want to be as pro as they can. It's not a thread about commuters or fun bike riders and whether or not they shave in their normal life.

Threadjacking is not cool.
Old 11-03-12, 10:40

Quote:
I have hairy legs, and I'm a cyclist (when I'm actually on my bike) and what're you gonna do?
And I already said I don't shave because I ride bikes...
Is it politically incorrect to say that I find hairy legs (and armpits etc.) on a girl pretty disgusting?

Onto the subject, I think shaved legs make it easier to wear lyrca without pulling hairs for any little adjustment, and the grippers ... grip better as well.

Really now, if you took the plunge and you're riding around in tight lyrca, do you really think that not shaving your legs will preserve your manliness? I believe that actually having muscles underneath your kit helps a lot more
Old 11-03-12, 12:41

But I can't be bothered with shaving during winter when I'm bundled up anyway.
And I really don't care what other people do with the hair on their legs, they could be removing it with a flamethrower for all I care!
Though I wouldn't advice it...
Old 11-03-12, 12:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancellator View Post
Is it politically incorrect to say that I find hairy legs (and armpits etc.) on a girl pretty disgusting?
Ouch
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 11-06-12, 12:33

Shaving … Why not ordering meatless steaks and beer without bubbles?