Vino bought the 2010 LBL? - Page 55 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-06-12, 08:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
He paid someone that wasn't his team-mate to lose on purpose. What's so hard to get about that? The proof are the e-mails and the money transactions.
yeah and the proove for that is where?
Old 11-06-12, 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Oh wait, didn't Uran move this year to Monaco?
no
Old 11-06-12, 08:11

Quote:
"If Vinokourov and Kolobnev were to be proven guilty the license commission would re-evaluate the world tour licenses of the Astana and Katusha teams."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...&dlvrit=255506
it won't happen though. every judge would laugh this case out of court if it ever went that far. uci are simply saying they investigate everything because they are in much tighter shoes right now

Last edited by Ryo Hazuki; 11-06-12 at 10:50.
Old 11-06-12, 14:36
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
about uran I was telling in general and the emails proove nothing,other than that vino paid kolobnev. I hope they aren't checking any other riders bank accounts because it happens all the time. situations far worse like boogerd being allowed to win the nationals from langeveld in return of a pro contract for him with rabo. I never hear anything about that, that was blatant
I think the emails prove something. In the bolded below, he pretty much says he didn't go for the win, so what can we assume other than he gave the race to vino for the money.

Quote:
"Remember that for me it was a great chance. I do not know if I was right to do what I did. Not so much because of our agreement, but mostly because of my feelings towards you and towards your situation. Even my wife was not too bothered by the fact that I was second, because you were the first. If it had been someone else in your place there, I would have gone for the win, glory and bonus (I have this in my contract for the classics). That day I felt stronger than ever.

"Now it only remains for me to wait patiently to see if all this was not vain. Here is a copy of all my bank details; clear this from your mail box or I risk having my balls cut off. [BSI Locarno bank details follow. - ed.]: Let me know, I'll check the operation and that everything went well. Good luck in the Giro!"
Old 11-06-12, 15:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
I think the emails prove something. In the bolded below, he pretty much says he didn't go for the win, so what can we assume other than he gave the race to vino for the money.
Forget it, it's useless.

There's none more blind than he who doesn't want to see.
Old 11-06-12, 17:01

Quote:
Vino, the clown, will fit very nicely in the role of a DS yelling orders from the car behind the bunch.

There is nothing a box of Red or Whiskey can't handle.
Old 11-07-12, 02:03

UCI had opportunity to investigate this matter, when details were first revealed, ages ago. Action then would have bolstered UCI's crumbling credibility. UCI action now only reinforces the public perception of a corrupt, knee jerk activated, old boys' club.

I acknowledge concerns raised that trading wins for favours is part of the game. However, on such matters, the UCI et al need to investigate/make determinations. And where necessary, enhance policy/guidelines/rules. These actions will create a clear indication of the expectations associated with free and fair competition and importantly, the circumstances of exception.

The potholes this sport creates are enormous and some verge on being black holes. The more transparent/precise these rules/regs are, the better for all stakeholders. Perhaps something like the etiquette of golf is worthy of consideration.

John

Craig X W
Old 11-07-12, 08:03

uci have said to have received documents but it's not enough proove for juridical action as I predicted here. so goodbye everyone
Old 11-07-12, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
uci have said to have received documents but it's not enough proove for juridical action as I predicted here. so goodbye everyone
That's pretty much proof he cheated.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 11-07-12, 11:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
That's pretty much proof he cheated.
So your precious Gilbert can get the win despite not finishing on the podium
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up