JV talks, sort of - Page 222 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-06-12, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregga View Post
In Tyler's book, Zorzoli is the one who meet Hamilton at UCI headquarters and tells him he may have "received a blood transfusion from another person". Strange story, as Hamilton never did homologous transfusions. Did Verbruggen "make a positive" after Armstrong call ? Did Zorzoli know anything about it ? I wouldn't trust this kind of guy who obviously was "part of the problem"...
Thanks for that - haven't read Tyler's book. I noted that despite the embarrassment caused to Hein & Co by giving those test results away - he was only sacked for a couple of months before coming back.. so must have been a goto man for them..
Old 11-06-12, 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
That's not what is being said.

Millar is saying that Wiggins lashed out at the critics and doubters and that this lashing out is what clean guys do.

Armstrong used to lash out at the critics and doubters too.
Yes. See 2007.

More realistic "clean" position than Saint Dave proposes. Compare & Contrast.

What the post above says.

Last edited by Ferminal; 11-06-12 at 15:11.
Old 11-06-12, 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
So you accept Clean riders would lash out. But then go on to say, very fairly, that cheating sociopaths lash out too.

In which case does that not simply prove 'lashing out' has really no evidential value on the issue - which rather spikes the guns of those who have gone after Wiggins for precisely that?
Not really because that isn't an argument I made.

I was clarifying who I believed the reference to Wiggins lashing out, was against - the fans rather than the dopers. Ferminal was under the impression that Wiggins was lashing out against dopers. (He did lash out against dopers in 2008, however, he now seems very reluctant to lash out against dopers). Draw your own conclusions as to why in 4 years his position about dopers seems to have changed...

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal

Last edited by Mrs John Murphy; 11-06-12 at 15:14.
Old 11-06-12, 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom375 View Post
Thanks for that - haven't read Tyler's book. I noted that despite the embarrassment caused to Hein & Co by giving those test results away - he was only sacked for a couple of months before coming back.. so must have been a goto man for them..
He was also involved in the cover-up of Contador's positive.
Old 11-06-12, 15:14

Quote:

I was clarifying who I believed the reference to Wiggins lashing out, was against - the fans rather than the dopers. Ferminal was under the impression that Wiggins was lashing out against dopers. (He did lash out against dopers in 2008, however, he now seems very reluctant to lash out against dopers).
"But if it were confirmed that he was doping in 200910, then he can get ****ed, completely"

"So I'm ****ed off that Lance has done what he did; it feels as if he's disappeared and I have to answer all the questions. That really, really annoys me. And where is he? Halfway around the world, doing this, that and the other. But we are the ones in this sport today who have got to answer all the questions."

Yep, having a go at the fans, right there.
Old 11-06-12, 15:31

One thing that I've seen alot of from the more cynical members of the forum (sniper and DW are the two that come to mind immediately) is a critique centred around 'that sounds like PR', which is hard to prove or disprove. But the underlying assumption seems to be that PR and truth are somehow mutually exclusive. I wonder why this assumption is made - I mean, in the example of Garmin and Sky, it makes total sense to me that Millar and Vaughters would proactively say decent things about Sky if they thought it was true. Good PR is focusing on the good that's happening in the sport rather than trying to solve the problems through the public eye.
Old 11-06-12, 15:42
Banned

Quote:

I was clarifying who I believed the reference to Wiggins lashing out, was against - the fans rather than the dopers. Ferminal was under the impression that Wiggins was lashing out against dopers. (He did lash out against dopers in 2008, however, he now seems very reluctant to lash out against dopers). Draw your own conclusions as to why in 4 years his position about dopers seems to have changed...
Maybe because since 2009 a certain section of the fans have turned on him? Because in his cofidis days 'fans' barely bothered him, and dopers ****ed his life up.

Whereas in 2012 the dopers aren't ****ing his life up anymore (except the La story), but 'fans' are now bothering him with contant rumours of doping?

You know, if you can put the conspiracy cape down for two seconds, you could actually see a perfectly sensible, consistent explanation - he rants at those people currently annoying him, making his own life hard. No great anti-doping crusade pre 2009 - no great doping conspiracy since. No more, no less than a guy with a foul mouth who swears at whoever is currently ****ing him off and/or making his life hard.

pre-Beijing - His own team's doping has f**ed up his tour - he rants about them, and dopers generally.

2009 - life's pretty good, olympic glow, best ever tour, Lance the superstar is being nice to him, and fans are generally positive - doesn't rant much

2011-12 - he does well on the road, the dopers no longer f***ing him over personally, but 'the ****ers' have now turned on him bigstyle, and hound him over doping, making his life difficult - he gets ****ed off and he rants at them - clinic gets panties in a twist

2012 - Lance story explodes once and for all; as patron, he's constantly asked about it - LA has now pised him off (see his quotes) - he rants about having to answer for lance, and now in this extract at Lance himself.

2012 - finally, and rather bathetic, he can't just have a pizza without 'fanboys' pestering his wife - so he rants about them too.

Now I've no idea if that's the truth -seriously, i don't - but it is at least as likely any of the wilder stuff i've read here. Man with low patience threshold (i think that is undeniable) lashes out at whatever is annoying him at that moment.

no more, no less.

I will repeat for the hard of understanding - i have no idea if he doped post 2009. none. nada. if he did, f*** him out.

But i have to say, in the rush by some to 'prove' his badness, a lot of clinicians tend to ignore rather obvious and simple (occam's razor) explanations in favour of wilder ones that support their pet theory.
Old 11-06-12, 15:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
One thing that I've seen alot of from the more cynical members of the forum (sniper and DW are the two that come to mind immediately) is a critique centred around 'that sounds like PR', which is hard to prove or disprove. But the underlying assumption seems to be that PR and truth are somehow mutually exclusive. I wonder why this assumption is made - I mean, in the example of Garmin and Sky, it makes total sense to me that Millar and Vaughters would proactively say decent things about Sky if they thought it was true. Good PR is focusing on the good that's happening in the sport rather than trying to solve the problems through the public eye.
I think PR & BS are usually understood to be interchangable terms for the same thing. Yes i suppose PR can focus on the truth element but even then by its nature tends BS about it to make it better!
Old 11-06-12, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
Ah-Ha! I see I see - thank you. I'll go and have a look at that..
Old 11-06-12, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
Or was he the one who leaked it to the press?