General News Thread - Page 625 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-05-12, 21:52

The first stage is rumored to finish on Madonna di Campiglio.
Don't think that a good idea, cause we will probably know the winner of a race after first stage, so why really bother on coming to Poland :P
Old 11-05-12, 22:12

it will be very nice
the climb is not brutal at all, only marco's legendary attack made it so great

i think the race still can be overturned back in poland. if they try, of course.
Old 11-05-12, 22:25

The presentation is scheduled on 7th novermber, so day after tomorrow we will know for sure. Still, i think that two stages in Trentino will settle GC.
Old 11-05-12, 22:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomazo View Post
The first stage is rumored to finish on Madonna di Campiglio.
Don't think that a good idea, cause we will probably know the winner of a race after first stage, so why really bother on coming to Poland :P
Depends. They could always have a climb of Przehyba before descending and having about 10km flat to a finish in Nowy Sącz...

Or they could do the Równica climb that Dan Martin won on in 2010 en route to winning the race overall.

Both of these would be totally viable and reasonable places to include that would make the race more than just a one-climb race. They could also have a hilly up-and-down-all-day stage in the style of the queen stage of the Szlakiem Grodów Piastkowskich with Walimska and Woliborska as key climbs.

Less realistically, perhaps, they could do Przełęcz Karkonoska:

Or alternatively, if they wanted to balance the route out in a completely different fashion, they could throw in some tough cobbled roads up in northern Mazowsze, around Olsztyn, Elbłąg and Kętrzyn, and make a real tough stage.

But if you don't want to be that extreme, I've long been an advocate of turning that final 12km loop that they keep using in the final stage into an ITT.

Forever tęte de la course.
Old 11-05-12, 22:49

sometimes i do wonder if any organizers chose some of the libertine hipsterish's climbs :P

they look great but somehow will never be ridden in a professional race
Old 11-05-12, 23:51

Przełęcz Karkonoska is out of question due to many logistic problems. TdP will stay in southern Poland s, which is a shame, they could do some nice hilly stage in the north. Anyway there will be probably some dull stages on rounds, beacuse it pays nicely. And the itt is rumored also, so maybe there will be some GC battle in Poland after all.
Old 11-06-12, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Beautiful! The riders are even given a choice: Cobbels or gravel!
Old 11-06-12, 18:03

Joost Posthuma (31) is retiring after not being able to find a new team for next year

http://www.joostposthuma.nl/nieuws/i...oop+doorgehakt
Old 11-07-12, 15:21

tomazo you were right, the tour of pologne will be decided in italy

MTF on madonna di campiglio and pordoi from canazei! _O_
basically another giro del trentino in july , personally i like the idea because i love trentino. it will be a showdown i hope
Old 11-07-12, 16:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Depends. They could always have a climb of Przehyba before descending and having about 10km flat to a finish in Nowy Sącz...

Or they could do the Równica climb that Dan Martin won on in 2010 en route to winning the race overall.

Both of these would be totally viable and reasonable places to include that would make the race more than just a one-climb race. They could also have a hilly up-and-down-all-day stage in the style of the queen stage of the Szlakiem Grodów Piastkowskich with Walimska and Woliborska as key climbs.

Less realistically, perhaps, they could do Przełęcz Karkonoska:

Or alternatively, if they wanted to balance the route out in a completely different fashion, they could throw in some tough cobbled roads up in northern Mazowsze, around Olsztyn, Elbłąg and Kętrzyn, and make a real tough stage.

But if you don't want to be that extreme, I've long been an advocate of turning that final 12km loop that they keep using in the final stage into an ITT.
tour of poland will always be done in the south I think because only there it is very popular.