Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win 2013 GIRO?
Nibali 90 32.03%
Rodriguez 29 10.32%
Hesjedal 16 5.69%
Basso 9 3.20%
Wiggins 106 37.72%
Scarponi 2 0.71%
Others 29 10.32%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #191  
Old 11-07-12, 18:25
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Wiggo, he must be pretty rich after his Tour victory. He can just buy the race.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 11-07-12, 18:27
Netserk's Avatar
Netserk Netserk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 10,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Wiggo, he must be pretty rich after his Tour victory. He can just buy the race.
Indeed. UCI must be happy with the pay check from BSkyB
__________________
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Landis
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 11-07-12, 18:28
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
Indeed. UCI must be happy with the pay check from BSkyB
I was thinking more along the lines of a big donation to Cannondale to thank them for their investments in cycling.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 11-07-12, 19:13
phanatic phanatic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biopass View Post
Wiggo.

The man doesnt need to be in 100% condition to beat Nibali in the Giro, so he'll might end up winning the Giro-Tour Double. And podium the worlds.
I don't think anyone at less than 100 can beat Nibali in any GT.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 11-07-12, 19:35
ILovecycling's Avatar
ILovecycling ILovecycling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanatic View Post
I don't think anyone at less than 100 can beat Nibali in any GT.
Alberto

....
__________________
Alberto Contador fanboy
y
Vamos Colombia !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
Excuse me for my English
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 11-07-12, 19:48
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 13,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittashau View Post
I hope that's a joke.
A very bad joke
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 11-07-12, 19:48
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 13,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanatic View Post
I don't think anyone at less than 100 can beat Nibali in any GT.
Depends on Nibali's form. By the way you forgot about Alberto.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 11-08-12, 06:29
phanatic phanatic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Alberto

....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Depends on Nibali's form. By the way you forgot about Alberto.
I doubt it.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 11-08-12, 08:25
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanatic View Post
I don't think anyone at less than 100 can beat Nibali in any GT.
I could probably name 20
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 11-08-12, 11:41
cineteq's Avatar
cineteq cineteq is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 5,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
I could probably name 20
Go ahead, make my day.
__________________
Quote:
The scientific explanation for Vincenzo Nibali's extraordinary descending ability is his large cojones, which lower his center of gravity, enabling him to corner with confidence on high speed descents
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.