Lets support riders in a dope free culture! - Page 3 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-07-12, 20:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
this post is moderator unworthy.
<snip>
And the forum isn't just for racers last time I checked.

if you feel like moderating, tell Ryo Hazuko to chill.
No kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
Business as usual, keeping up the CN Mod omerta, not one other mod will say anything either. But let it be one of us and bans a plenty!

Then all our attempts at a conspiracy theory thread are negated because we can't have that now can we

Hate threads, no way, but hate is ok.
That's what I thought. This mod has done similar things in the past to other posters, including to yours truly. Is any Admin going to do anything about this mod Parrulo? Just wondering.
Old 11-07-12, 20:43

Quote:

hate to break it to you, but the fact is that a lot of cycling spectators (perhaps not racers themselves) believe there is a logic correlation between the amount of PEDs used in cycling and the extreme toughness of the races, especially the TdF.

Perhaps not the idea a 'racer' would come up with, but it's a natural thought and quite common among normal cycling spectators.
Not idiotic (or beyond).

Well he is stating that the OP must've never used his bike, which is hardly offensive, is it?

Luckily the clinic has never offended any new member.
Old 11-07-12, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
No kidding.

That's what I thought. This mod has done similar things in the past to other posters, including to yours truly. Is any Admin going to do anything about this mod Parrulo? Just wondering.
Nope. There is one rule for some and another rule for others. If you are have the 'correct' views you can say what you like to people. If you have 'incorrect' views then you'll be banned and warned for saying boo to a goose.

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
Old 11-07-12, 20:52

I agree with sniper
Old 11-07-12, 21:00
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diminse View Post
I think we should collect a massive fans vote to press organizers to put together "reasonable" challenges on routes, not pushing riders for cheating ! For example total Km's and mountain finishes should be down to earth NOT pushing competitors to hell ! How can we organize this mass support ?
Firstly, welcome and you should not let some stupid people put you off making a point.
Having said that - I don't necessarily agree, as has been pointed out the distance of events is not really the issue. Dopers dope to gain an advantage, distance is not the issue.

Someone did say that transfers should be looked at - and while that has little to do with doping, some of the transfers are severe and unnecessary and add nothing to the spectacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
indeed, any1 that think like OP must have never ridden a bike in his life. the idea that riders dope to finish races is beyond idiotic, they dope to finish them first otherwise there would be o doping o 100m races as even my 78 year old grandfather could run them, so that's as human as it get's.

also this thread belongs in the clinic so i am moving it there
I rarely report posts unless they are overtly offensive - this actually is worth reporting.
However as it is probably the person who wrote it who ends up moderating it, there is little point.

So - let me just say - if anyone has wondered why standards are so poor here lately and a lot of quality posters rarely post or why it's difficult to read it somevthrads it is because of dumb, vile people like you.
You are a disgrace - and CN are as culpable for allowing an idiot like you any duties.
Old 11-07-12, 23:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by diminse View Post
I think we should collect a massive fans vote to press organizers to put together "reasonable" challenges on routes, not pushing riders for cheating ! For example total Km's and mountain finishes should be down to earth NOT pushing competitors to hell ! How can we organize this mass support ?
Welcome to the forum. I agree with the other posters, who said that the arrogant person who flamed you for asking a relevant question should be ignored. Some sportscommentators and journalists give the impression that people dope because cycling is one of the hardest sports in the world, so no one can blame you for making a proposal to fight doping, by making the courses easier.

But as other posters pointed out, 100 years ago, before anyone had thought of EPO or blood doping, people rode in much tougher conditions on bikes, made of iron, wood and rubber, that only had one gear.

The article I included below shows that no matter what, some people will always dope. The guy who is mentioned in the article was caught in a sportive (an uncategorized event in which everyone can compete- that means that it isn't even D-level). He was one of two guys who tested positive for EPO. Both guys were over 45 and none of them had ever been professional. One of them started cycling after the age of 30.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/28/sp...eur-ranks.html
Old 11-08-12, 03:48

Quote:

hate to break it to you, but the fact is that a lot of cycling spectators (perhaps not racers themselves) believe there is a logic correlation between the amount of PEDs used in cycling and the extreme toughness of the races, especially the TdF.

Perhaps not the idea a 'racer' would come up with, but it's a natural thought and quite common among normal cycling spectators.
Not idiotic (or beyond).

and so it is that the moderator becomes the moderated...
Old 11-08-12, 03:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
Well he is stating that the OP must've never used his bike, which is hardly offensive, is it?

I still remember Joe Papp saying that forum members should have at least 25 posts before they are allowed to post in the clinic. I had 24 posts at the time, so used my 25th to tell Joe why I thought he was a fool for judging people by the quantity of their posts, rather than the quality.
Old 11-08-12, 06:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post

Right, it's not offensive at all. I agree that the Mods are all too eager to ban folks they do not like, but this is just silly. No one would get banned over that.

Also, the OP is an obvious troll. Yeah, let's all welcome him/her. THAT is what this forum needs! I guess some people believe anything thrown at them.
Old 11-08-12, 11:24

What a bunch of cry baby posts in this thread.

Oh the evil moderators! ooooh noes! the horror!

Allthough I agree, he, as an admin should probably try to keep his posts a bit more civilized there really isn't much offensive about his post, unless you are oversensitive and feel offended by pretty much anything.

On topic: More or less miles have absolutely no effect on doping use. There are a bunch of threads on this forum about it. Look them up.
Ofcourse not everyone agrees, but I will say that they are naive. I have to pick my words carefully else they might get offended.