U.S. Politics - Page 477 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 11-08-12, 02:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Clinic...?
Lol
Quick on the draw there Fermi!

I'm still heavily entertained by the 'contadors head' thread...funny stuff!
Old 11-08-12, 02:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmewmew13 View Post
Lol
Quick on the draw there Fermi!

I'm still heavily entertained by the 'contadors head' thread...funny stuff!
Those phrenology threads in the Clinic are a disgrace. It makes the forum look like a den of crackpots.
Old 11-08-12, 02:44

Last edited by BroDeal; 11-08-12 at 02:58.
Old 11-08-12, 03:58

Anyone surprised how little Global Warming did not feature in the campaign for President? Is that potentially because of the problems with passing an ETS through Congress therefore is a non-issue?
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 11-08-12, 04:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
Anyone surprised how little Global Warming did not feature in the campaign for President? Is that potentially because of the problems with passing an ETS through Congress therefore is a non-issue?
I think it would be hard to get through at the best of times, but with a weak economy almost impossible. Also very hard to get through the US congress with all the big oil money floating around.
Old 11-08-12, 05:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutto View Post
...so what you are saying that there is a cure for the dreaded Leaf mania but involves moving to Alberta and/or becoming a westerner....hmmm...seems the cure may be worse than the disease...I mean it could mean merely trading one pathos for another...

...but this is kinda intriguing...so, if say, hypothetically speaking of course, I had a brother who is a Leaf fan of the most pathetic sort ( someone who has season tickets...Golds at centre ice...Row 16...has several Leafs beach towels.....often goes off into delusional rambling about winning the Stanely Cup...etc etc...) and he moved to Vancouver...could he be cured, or does that magic curtain just drop in Alberta?....

Cheers

blutto

There is a reality distortion field that ends at the Manitoba border (Saskatoon notwithstanding), get away from TO and you quickly forget the embarrassment that is the Leafs.
Old 11-08-12, 06:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
Some more classics from the wonderful world of wingnuts.
Apologies for the length, but it's a quick read. Thank you, and good night.
Thanks Amsterhammer, by your fine research you have just confirmed everything I have said in a previous couple of posts.

The self-serving lack of any public sense is, naturally, appalling; while the mendacity of their statements, which aren't even remotely connected to reality, is grotesque. These guys have no problem with taxation funding the NDDA, but helping the poor with healthcare is evil? And they insolently call themselves Christians?! As far as I'm concerned these folks can just rot in their own provincial hell of America, but then I remember that they are represented by pervious ideologues that want to change everything around the planet and so must be bitterly opposed. For this reason Obama, per force, must have been viewed as the better candidate.

Last edited by rhubroma; 11-08-12 at 06:54.
Old 11-08-12, 09:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
No??? Can you explain more what you mean by coup d'etat? I know what it literally means but not in this context.
Afterwards I went back and looked it up, it seems it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought, I was refering to Julia Gillard becoming prime minister

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 11-08-12, 10:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Afterwards I went back and looked it up, it seems it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought, I was refering to Julia Gillard becoming prime minister
Ahh, back in 2010. The factional bully boys who run the unions put Gillard into power after the massive knifing. Considering the lies she told to get to the leadership, it was quite bad.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 11-08-12, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloCity View Post
Can we start listening to Nate Silver now? 50-for-50 in the states, Obama 50.8% of the popular vote (currently 50% but still counting), and 52.5 D-47.5 R Senate (currently 54-45).

Also, can we stop pretending that Rasmussen and Gallup are legitimate polls?
He didn't even do anything spectacular. If you went to realclearpolitics.com and just checked the averages of the polls per state, it was clear that Obama had an advantage in almost all swing states. Rasmussen's polls were clearly a statistical anomaly. The only thing that was still a bit of a mystery was the popular vote.

Unless each and every poll was skewed Obama's re-election was pretty much a given. But that seems to be what the Republican party is about: despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, still holding your beliefs. That's what hardcore religion does to you.