Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-08-12, 10:29

Quote:
The rumours that it was Chris Froome;s girlfriend driving the van are yet to be substansiated.....
lol ... if its true, then Froome better watch out for wiggos girlfriend
Old 11-08-12, 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricey_sky View Post
As people have already on here, perhaps he prefers riding in the dark so he can just get on with riding. Perhaps he was busy during the morning/afternoon yesterday so could only ride his bike last evening.

Riding during the evening is common in alot of countries.
why is he training on his bike in early november. seems a bit excessive
Old 11-08-12, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancellator View Post
When reading an article about this in the mainstream press (i.e. Yahoo UK), I was simply shocked at all the negative comments. Instead of wishing their TDF/Olympic champ a speedy recovery, it seems that most people are thinking along these lines:

...not all bike rider are as arrogant, but in my experience most are...most accidents involving bikes is the riders direct fault and stupidity.

The only certainty is that our roads are not fit for both cars and cycles.

most cyclists are a nuisance on the road

If cars and motorcycles need insurance to be on the road (and horses?) then bikes need insurance.

This is just round the corner from my gym - where I ride the static bikes because it is too dangerous to ride on the narrow local country roads.

Kind of depressing isn't it?
well they are right. especially amateur bikeriders annoy the living **** out of me. sometimes with up to 15-20 guys riding 3 or 4 rows(even in small roads) blocking the entire road thinking they are pro's and often when you are honking they put up fingers or start shouting. one time I had such a small peloton blocking my car when I overtook them my friend opened the window to throw one of the front guys of his bike.
Old 11-08-12, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
well they are right. especially amateur bikeriders annoy the living **** out of me. sometimes with up to 15-20 guys riding 3 or 4 rows(even in small roads) blocking the entire road thinking they are pro's and often when you are honking they put up fingers or start shouting. one time I had such a small peloton blocking my car when I overtook them my friend opened the window to throw one of the front guys of his bike.
Old 11-08-12, 10:59

not me, my friend
Old 11-08-12, 11:02

Quote:
I like your friend They also annoy me and when I tell them they should watch out because they almost ride into me or push me in the river then they start shouting and insulting. Stupid people and they always think I hate cyclists.
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 11-08-12, 11:07

Hope he bounces back quickly.
Am very glad it wasn't even more serious.
Old 11-08-12, 11:10

Quote:
why is he training on his bike in early november. seems a bit excessive
Several of the Sky riders have posted pics/tweets of them beginning their aerobic base building for 2013.

Its whats expected from the team, especially for those targeting earlier races in the season. There will likely be a trip to Tenerife in January for most of the riders (2 week camp in previous years, riders arrive and depart so aren't there the whole time).

No point doing that sort of camp if you arrive without a good base block behind you.
Old 11-08-12, 11:17

Was actovegin used to treat the road rash?
Old 11-08-12, 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancellator View Post
When reading an article about this in the mainstream press (i.e. Yahoo UK), I was simply shocked at all the negative comments. Instead of wishing their TDF/Olympic champ a speedy recovery, it seems that most people are thinking along these lines:

...not all bike rider are as arrogant, but in my experience most are...most accidents involving bikes is the riders direct fault and stupidity.

The only certainty is that our roads are not fit for both cars and cycles.

most cyclists are a nuisance on the road

If cars and motorcycles need insurance to be on the road (and horses?) then bikes need insurance.

This is just round the corner from my gym - where I ride the static bikes because it is too dangerous to ride on the narrow local country roads.

Kind of depressing isn't it?
Unfortunaley this shows the ignorance of the British motorist, the amount of abuse I've had whilst riding is crazy. Most try and force you off the road by riding closer than neccessary and cutting you up.
I've been hit twice once during the day and once at night by drivers not paying attention, they don't have the manners and cultural awareness that drives in Europe do.