Sky - Page 823 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-08-12, 13:19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Ah the joys of deleted posts. Can anyone find this post from this thread:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthr...843#post956843
Classic!......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers
You are a massive tool: think you are the only ones that follow the sport throughout the season

Worst thing about this disgusting corner of the web: you want Sky to be doping, you want cycling to be dirty. You wallow in the appallingly negativity of the place, waiting every day for new victims and defend it all with a sort of world-weariness. You use it to belittle and dismiss anyone that disagrees: it;s a sad little bullying scenario for a short period you are the big men. Ooh

You think this is only cycling forum in the world? The only reason I bothered posted here was a reaction to the appallingly negativity you lot love to wallow in.

Pro-cycling doesn't belong to you, you are not the arbiters of the sport you play at being. Actually why I am bothering? Bye
Old 11-08-12, 13:28

Nope, not it...
Old 11-08-12, 13:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
ms hog what a surprise! another post with zero impact

so what do these stats show?.............a nice straight line on a graph

.............a steady ( ok rapid ) progression
"Steady"?

Not so intrested looking into graphics now are we?

http://chrisfroomelookingatstems.tumblr.com/

Last edited by No_Balls; 11-08-12 at 13:47.
Old 11-08-12, 13:52

So what caused the Wiggins crash? To me the possibilities are,

1. He was busy smoking a spliff of EPO rather than concentrating on the road.
2. All a publicity stunt to boost sales of the book.
3. He was worried about visits by random testers and he thought they were less likely to bother him if he was in hospital.
4. He lacks a basic knowledge of geography (seen by the fact that he has lied repeatedly about where he lived as a child) and thought he was on a cycle path so didn't look out for traffic.
5. Some **** wasn't looking where he going when he exited the petrol station.

Of course, anyone suggesting number 5 is a 'fanboy'.
Old 11-08-12, 13:55

And as for 2013: I dont think it will be any repeat of last year. With the Olympics over and triumphed as well as UCI and McQuaid under pressure it will be to much of a risk asking for "a little favour" from McQuaid during this moment in time. It will be a low key year hoping they can stick to their guns 2014 depending on the situation in the cycling world then.

Wiggo has already been preparing the ground for a suitable explanation ("I hadn´t fun") with Skys shift of focus. When Froome struggles in the mountains and loosing six minutes in the time trials (as in Beijing) it could always be excused "lack of experience".

http://chrisfroomelookingatstems.tumblr.com/
Old 11-08-12, 14:04
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Balls View Post
And as for 2013: I dont think it will be any repeat of last year. With the Olympics over and triumphed as well as UCI and McQuaid under pressure it will be to much of a risk asking for "a little favour" from McQuaid during this moment in time. It will be a low key year hoping they can stick to their guns 2014 depending on the situation in the cycling world then.

Wiggo has already been preparing the ground for a suitable explanation ("I hadn´t fun") with Skys shift of focus. When Froome struggles in the mountains and loosing six minutes in the time trials (as in Beijing) it could always be excused "lack of experience".
I would agree. Brailsford was talking of Tour "domination" for years to come in August. I think that concept went out the window when the USADA reason decision dropped.

You can win. Just don't win by too much and for too long!
Old 11-08-12, 14:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
I would agree. Brailsford was talking of Tour "domination" for years to come in August. I think that concept went out the window when the USADA reason decision dropped.

You can win. Just don't win by too much and for too long!
Depends on the 'narrative' the UCI and the sponsors want to create. They will choose the option that will make them the most money.

If they think that there is money 'clean Brits socking it to dirty johnny foreigner' - then it'll be more of the same.

We don't know if we are merely hitting the reset button back to 1999. Looking at the degree of support that McQuaid has within the upper reaches of the sport and the clear attempt to sweep the UCI corruption issue under the carpet

Everyone has got the memo with the talking points. You can play rider bingo.

'In the past'

'Biopassport'

'New generation'

'Most tested athletes'

'Zero-tolerance'

'cleanest ever'

I wouldn't make it a drinking game because it is the short cut to alcoholism

Hog - I thought you might like this other early indication of Froome's elite level skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DCe4QVO0PE

Back when he was Chris Froome of Kenya.

I wonder what other thread links the three...

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
Old 11-08-12, 14:28

no doubt rumours will come from wiggins time in hospital? Get the fresh blood in etc.

My Vuelta preview with the men to watch and the men to avoid
Old 11-08-12, 14:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by manafana View Post
no doubt rumours will come from wiggins time in hospital? Get the fresh blood in etc.
Wasn't that Vino's excuse when they gave him Kash's blood bag by mistake?

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
Old 11-08-12, 14:34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
Depends on the 'narrative' the UCI and the sponsors want to create. They will choose the option that will make them the most money.

If they think that there is money 'clean Brits socking it to dirty johnny foreigner' - then it'll be more of the same.

We don't know if we are merely hitting the reset button back to 1999. Looking at the degree of support that McQuaid has within the upper reaches of the sport and the clear attempt to sweep the UCI corruption issue under the carpet

Everyone has got the memo with the talking points. You can play rider bingo.

'In the past'

'Biopassport'

'New generation'

'Most tested athletes'

'Zero-tolerance'

'cleanest ever'

I wouldn't make it a drinking game because it is the short cut to alcoholism

Hog - I thought you might like this other early indication of Froome's elite level skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DCe4QVO0PE

Back when he was Chris Froome of Kenya.

I wonder what other thread links the three...
"The sport has changed so much"

"Additional controls"

"We're talking about events 10-15 years ago"

Chris Froome from Kenya! I wonder what happened to him? Doesn't look like he would have amounted to much. (And yes he's in good company with the other two!)

Last edited by thehog; 11-08-12 at 14:37.