U.S. Politics - Page 478 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 11-08-12, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
Anyone surprised how little Global Warming did not feature in the campaign for President? Is that potentially because of the problems with passing an ETS through Congress therefore is a non-issue?
I'm dissapointed but not surprised. Peolpe are still in the denial phase. They don't want to acknowledge how serious the problem is. It'll take a few more Hurricane Sandys, epic droughts '100 year floods', and the like. By then it'll be too late, if it isn't already.
Old 11-08-12, 13:12

Friends, I come today with worrying news from wingnut land. They now don't believe that they 'lost' the election, it was 'stolen' from them! Why?

- (Some) missing/lost/late military absentee ballots would have made the difference (because obviously, the military would all have voted for wingnut)

- "massive" voter fraud, Obama busing supporters out of state to vote multiple times

- not all the votes have been counted in swing states, Mitt should never have "conseeded" so early

I had no idea....
Old 11-08-12, 13:40
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Bala Verde Send a message via Skype™ to Bala Verde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
Friends, I come today with worrying news from wingnut land. They now don't believe that they 'lost' the election, it was 'stolen' from them! Why?

- (Some) missing/lost/late military absentee ballots would have made the difference (because obviously, the military would all have voted for wingnut)

- "massive" voter fraud, Obama busing supporters out of state to vote multiple times

- not all the votes have been counted in swing states, Mitt should never have "conseeded" so early

I had no idea....

Fox news selleberties Coulter and Hannity had found the answer:

1 - the biased lamestream media cheered Obama all the way to victory.
2 - and the vile despicable Chicago machine had used dishonorable tactics to "kill" Romney ['s image] well before he made it through the primaries. This was the first campaign that tried to destroy an honorable, competent family man, with dirty tactics, with lies, and smears, and distortions. They pointed out that the Chicago machine had set such an unprecedented new low, and this vile tactic had proven so effective, that they are extremely concerned that future campaigns will try to replicate this model, which, they warn, will just lead to the utter destruction of the political space, and honest political discourse.

lolwut. They missed the Kerry swiftboat campaign. Didn't they see the Romney ad that implied that Chrysler (or GM or whatever US car manufacturer) shipped jobs to China, which Chrysler felt so strongly about that they issued a statement to debunk that the ad...

Political discourse had been destroyed long before this campaign. They, as pundits, make a living off it..

3 - and Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi

Funny how these supporters of the ideals of extreme personal responsibility and self-reliance manage to find so many extraneous factors to explain why something didn't pan out the way they envisioned it.

And now for something completely different:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5i3F0YnkP0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlwil...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksXRFRCUatc

Anyway. I'd be interested in the new Obama cabinet. Lots of people are leaving, Defense, Justice, Treasury, State. Big names like Panetta, Holder, Geithner, Clinton.

Lots of people to reward for their support too... former governors and senators and donors...

Last edited by Bala Verde; 11-08-12 at 13:50.
Old 11-08-12, 13:41

Quote:

I had no idea....
The real wingnuts are convinced the voting machines, the maker is controlled by a private equity company founded and run by Romney supporters who are former employees of BAIN Capital, were rigged for--get this--Obama. They figured this out because it is too coincidental that Obama managed to win the swing states, the ones where both candidates have nearly equal numbers of likely voters and the winner will win by having a small number of votes more than his opponent, by just enough votes to win. Shocking, I know. It is not possible that all those wins were so close. The machines must have been rigged to give Obama a small advantage but not too much to look suspicious to anyone but the deep thinkers on tea bagger forums. Call in inspector Clouseau.

Last edited by BroDeal; 11-08-12 at 14:41.
Old 11-08-12, 14:11

I don't mean to knock this thread off track but I read this story earlier today and thought someone with a better understanding might be able to offer insight.
http://sherriequestioningall.blogspo...t-us-govt.html
I'm not sure I follow this. Is it saying top U.S. government officials and top banking officials have conspired to steal $43 trillion utilizing the housing market?
Old 11-08-12, 14:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
Shocking, I know. It is not possible that all those wins were so close. The machines must have been rigged to give Obama a small advantage but not too much to look suspicious to anyone but the deep thinkers on tea bagger forums. Call in inspector Clouseau.
Thanks for that cartoon, Bro! Mitt needs to have an urgent word with his son, who (I believe) is closely involved with this voting machine company.

And now, without further ado, today's visit to the wonderful world of wingnut fantasy land. You may want to cross your legs and put cups of liquid out of harm's way before starting on this. btw, I totally vouch for the authenticity of these quotes, which I have copied verbatim.

"What about all the military votes that were "mistakenly" marked as "ammunition" and shipped to Afghanistan?"

"The military votes would have almost gave him the win if they would have been counted. Personaly I think Obama needs to be in jail not the white house for treason ."

"How many Mexicans can you bus in that are already on US supported food stamps to throw an election?"

"Mitt shouldn't of conceded so early. Until all military votes were in and we all know most likely massive voter fraud was committed. What should be done? Our country needs us! This man is a fraud and treasonist! I am not the same person anymore towards others and I am glad. The whites are getting ran over in OUR country by Blacks, Mexicans and Asians and assesine white liberals. TAKE A STAND WHITES."

"For God's sakes! 91% Blacks voted for Barack Obama. I just can't handle this assesine mentality from the blacks. And they really have to wonder why we look at them the way we do? WAKE UP BLACKS you sold out America for an Obama phone & more free government perks. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. Disgust. Don't call me a "racist" just because I am disgusted at your intelligence & lack of country loyalty."

"I was really looking forward to Ann being our first lady."

"I truly dont c a sallution"

"Obama will appoint atleat 4 Supreme Court Justices in the next 4 years. That will be the bigest swing in the supreeme court in history. He ahs already talked about abolishing the 2 term limit. Along with the 4 Justices he will also appoint atleast 5 more federal judges. With that power he could get rid of the 2 term limit easily. King Obama. Do you realy want that?"

"Look at who elected Obama. it wasn't just people like you. it was mostly freeloaders. Ya know "My free Obama phone people" Why people like you align youself with these people is beyond me!"

"i heard obama lost every state where you had to show ID . figure that one out! i am so sad. Ann and Mitt we love you"

"I believe that fraud won obama the election. There has to be a way to ensure that the dead cannot vote and that there is a limit of one vote per person."

"God is good an ha a plan I hope he's coming soon because all these haters I hope I get to see their faces when he does keep God out of politics well guess what it says on the American money you spend get out of my country!!!!!!!"

"Well those 333,721 people should have to pay $15 a gal. For gas when Obama shuts all the oil & gas production !! because those dumb-***'s he bailed out in the car industry's in Ohio ! Duh who in the hell can buy them or afford to put gas in them !!! Just ignorant !!"

"Liberalism is a mental illness!"

"Obama hates Winston Churchill and returned his bust when he first took office..."
Old 11-08-12, 15:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutto View Post

...btw...has anyone sent condolences to SoCal?....

Cheers

blutto
I just hope that Scotty has stopped bashing his head into the wall.....
Old 11-08-12, 15:22

I'm not one to give the democrat undue credit, however a defeat would have resuscitated the impression of a racist America that has never been quelled in the country. While this would have also minimized what, in fact, has been an extraordinary accomplishment in American democracy four years ago: even if only in substance, not in form, which in politics is though rather decisive. Obama's would have been remembered as Carter, as the one who failed to get reelected.

There is another very important element: a defeat would have given the impression of the impossibility of being elected for anyone who isn't obsequious before the politics of Israel. It's one thing to be in a formidable alliance with that country, another entirely to slavishly follow its every wish. A possible war with Iran or Syria is unthinkable, while one of the most troubling elements of these last days has been the way in which Netanyahu made known to the mass media that Obama's father holds hostile positions toward Israel. This was a shameless tactic to condition the outcome of an election of a foreign state, the objective of which was not only to damage morally the president, but to generate a mechanism through which any position contrary to the aims of Israel gets branded as anti-Semitism.

Given that, in any case, most of Obama's positions regarding foreign policy are identical to Romney's, he needs to at the very least close Guantanamo, as he promissed to do four years ago, while recognizing that drone warfare is horrible.

Obama won because he better interpreted the multi-ethnic/diversity nature of the country, which Romney failed miserably to do and even insulted half the country (the 47% of "freeloaders") in the process. Although this is only in part true, as far as Romney himself is concerned, because of his Mormon identity, which many regard quite naturally as a sect. At any rate, it's true that the republican base appears either extraneous or hostile to the variegated, multi-ethnic dimension of the US; even though pragmatically Romney took a more moderate position in respect to his party.

Obama's biggest challenge will be to in the immediate future arrive at a bipartisan agreement to save America from the Fiscal Cliff that could result in a financial meltdown, before "time's up" in January. Secondly he must prevent a catastrophe in the Middle East. Both are arduous tasks.

Last edited by rhubroma; 11-08-12 at 15:25.
Old 11-08-12, 15:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by purcell View Post
There is a reality distortion field that ends at the Manitoba border (Saskatoon notwithstanding), get away from TO and you quickly forget the embarrassment that is the Leafs.
The Flames are any less embarrassing? Please. Dennis Wideman for 5 years at $5 million per? The Oilers on the other hand, that's going to be a good team for a while, if they can hold on to their youngster core and if they don't move to Seattle.
Old 11-08-12, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutto View Post
...btw...has anyone sent condolences to SoCal?....
Quote:
I just hope that Scotty has stopped bashing his head into the wall.....

what did i miss?