Sky - Page 825 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-08-12, 17:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
Your argument doesn't seem to be an argument at all.
Pretty obvious what I was saying.
Old 11-08-12, 17:32

Wiggin's doing his best to rise above his celebrity status that he so dislikes!

This will guarantee the paparazzi keep after him to get a reaction in order to sell photos.

Wiggins really is an idiot

https://twitter.com/boomerado/status...629184/photo/1
Old 11-08-12, 17:39

A picture tells a 1000 words.
Old 11-08-12, 17:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
Wiggin's doing his best to rise above his celebrity status that he so dislikes!

This will guarantee the paparazzi keep after him to get a reaction in order to sell photos.

Wiggins really is an idiot

https://twitter.com/boomerado/status...629184/photo/1
My god, look at the size of that finger!

HGH for sure.
Old 11-08-12, 18:06

G Thomas and P Kennaugh will be getting antsy in their boots like Floyd knew was his place at postal. Gonna get ****ed at Wiggo and Froomie for taking all the chocolates
Old 11-08-12, 18:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
Depends on the 'narrative' the UCI and the sponsors want to create. They will choose the option that will make them the most money.

If they think that there is money 'clean Brits socking it to dirty johnny foreigner' - then it'll be more of the same.

We don't know if we are merely hitting the reset button back to 1999. Looking at the degree of support that McQuaid has within the upper reaches of the sport and the clear attempt to sweep the UCI corruption issue under the carpet

Everyone has got the memo with the talking points. You can play rider bingo.

'In the past'

'Biopassport'

'New generation'

'Most tested athletes'

'Zero-tolerance'

'cleanest ever'

I wouldn't make it a drinking game because it is the short cut to alcoholism

Hog - I thought you might like this other early indication of Froome's elite level skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DCe4QVO0PE

Back when he was Chris Froome of Kenya.

I wonder what other thread links the three...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyqyVKSJiOM

Team Easy On
crack opium ecstasy

ask for Sneaky Fox

...........if you are interested
Old 11-08-12, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Repoxygen is manufactured by a British company.

Genetic therapies can lead to organ failure.
and yellow jerseys
Old 11-08-12, 20:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltiv View Post
How could you not get that it was a joke? My point was that it's silly to take one bad performance and say "look, this guy sucked so bad and now he's the best!". (even if it's true in Froome's case, who sucked everywhere). The Contador example was just to use the must ridiculous example I could find. I thought the part where I said I couldn't believe Contador had become a Contador-esque climber would make it pretty clear that I was being sarcastic

The fact that Froome sucked pre 2011 is pretty obvious, but showing a video of one stage where he couldn't follow Gerrans up a steep hill just isn't the best example, in my opinion. Whatever, I was just nit-picking anyway.
Fair enough. Perhaps use emoticons at least once? It'll make it clearer. The last few pages before I posted well there was one distinct tone. Your post seemed to be following suite and well, tone isn't always the easiest to convey.

I've seen a lot of race footage, as have others on this forum. Believe me, I hadn't seen him pre 2011 Vuelta. I had to look up footage to see what he looked like as I had zero idea of what he resembles. You could have stuck 8 random guys on a bike and added in Froome and asked me and many other fans which one was Froome and they would not have known. He was literally an enigma. An unknown. If thehog had other footage, I have no doubt he'd have shown it. As for that video, I watched the stage and I certainly don't remember Froome being there. I go back and watch most stuff I've seen before, I may have forgotten one or two actors in the display, but it clicks and I go, yeah that rider was there and then he does such and such. It clicks because it was memorable. Froome was literally the forgettable bike rider. Absolutely forgettable.

Irony is now, one doesn't forget him because he is so ridiculous. Froome obscure to so obscene you cannot forget. That is messed up. And yeah, comparing him to Contador is a good example to contrast the extremes...just add an emoticon next time.
Old 11-08-12, 21:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galic Ho View Post
Fair enough. Perhaps use emoticons at least once? It'll make it clearer. The last few pages before I posted well there was one distinct tone. Your post seemed to be following suite and well, tone isn't always the easiest to convey.

I've seen a lot of race footage, as have others on this forum. Believe me, I hadn't seen him pre 2011 Vuelta. I had to look up footage to see what he looked like as I had zero idea of what he resembles. You could have stuck 8 random guys on a bike and added in Froome and asked me and many other fans which one was Froome and they would not have known. He was literally an enigma. An unknown. If thehog had other footage, I have no doubt he'd have shown it. As for that video, I watched the stage and I certainly don't remember Froome being there. I go back and watch most stuff I've seen before, I may have forgotten one or two actors in the display, but it clicks and I go, yeah that rider was there and then he does such and such. It clicks because it was memorable. Froome was literally the forgettable bike rider. Absolutely forgettable.

Irony is now, one doesn't forget him because he is so ridiculous. Froome obscure to so obscene you cannot forget. That is messed up. And yeah, comparing him to Contador is a good example to contrast the extremes...just add an emoticon next time.
There literally no other footage of Froome. Zero to hero.

Even Armstrong if you didn't know him in 1999 you'd find footage of him pre-Tour. A lot of it. Contador the same. Even Wiggins. Go back a far as LeMond. Plenty of footage of him pre-86. But Froome there's nothing. Just him crashing into an official off the start ramp and his zig zagging up San Luca in the 09 Giro.
Old 11-08-12, 21:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
There literally no other footage of Froome. Zero to hero.

Even Armstrong if you didn't know him in 1999 you'd find footage of him pre-Tour. A lot of it. Contador the same. Even Wiggins. Go back a far as LeMond. Plenty of footage of him pre-86. But Froome there's nothing. Just him crashing into an official off the start ramp and his zig zagging up San Luca in the 09 Giro.
As I recall when Froome voomed onto the scene last year the response of most people was

'Wasn't he the guy who fell down the side of that mountain?'.

No, that was John-Lee Augustyn.

Just out of interest what would we say was Froome best pre-2011 Vuelta result?

5th in the Commonwealth games ITT - where he came in 2 and a half minutes down on Rev Millar?

Or perhaps his win in the 'Atomic jock race'? or his domination in the Tour of Mauritius?

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal