Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-06-12, 15:15

Default The sewer is open, the UCI is on trial, what are we doing today?

Ok, folks! Lookit here! WE HAVE PLUMBED THE SEWER! Haleluja! The depths of the darkness of Lance and the Dark Era have been revealed. We have seen the sewer - I think all we are doing now is plumbing and mapping corners, nooks, and crannies. That's detail work - it is not worthy of this august body of denizens that is THE CLINIC! The Clinic can do the detail sniping on their coffee time, they are that good at it!

Today the target has moved to the UCI! So here is my question - what are YOU doing today? What are WE doing today, to move forward? Are you going to get left behind, your part in history over?

The Gazzeta's Manifesto for Credible Cycling called for a summit and decision BEFORE the 2013 season!
Quote:
That a summit be held before the start of the 2013 season to redefine the new and more credible structure and new governance and regulations. We confide that the world of cycling seizes this historic opportunity to completely change the structure of the sport.
The Manifesto for Credible Cycling

What are WE doing to make this happen? Tell us what YOU are doing! Tell us what the rest of us ignorant peasants can do! (I mean, realistically, me emailing USACycling at this point seems to me a bit like asking the capo to judge the godfather: ie not likely to make much progress. But, in Oz and Kiwiland, writing in support of their recent actions could be seen positively, yes?)

The focus has moved, from Lance, to the UCI! LOOK at all this energy!

independence-critical-for-clean-sport-says-tygart
obree-calls-the-uci-a-chum-ocracy
british-cycling-head-questions-uci-credibility
cycling-australia-bikenz-drop-confederation-support-of-turtur
skins-launch-dollar-2-million-law-suit-against-uci-over-handling-of-anti-doping-fight
cycling-was-a-deeply-criminal-business-says-millar

Oh, and I know this has been posted before, but it is appropriate here, also.
Quote:
When asked about the doping scandals embroiling cycling, Wiggins admitted he shared the anger shown by many fans of the sport.

"I think there's a lot of anger, like with most people in the sport," he said.

"It's a sport I love and have always loved. It's a shame that cycling is being dragged through this again. It's not a shame he's been caught. As you get older, you start to realise that Father Christmas doesn't exist. And that was always the case with Lance."

"It's a shame that the riders here now, and I think I speak for everyone on that stage, we're the ones picking up the pieces now very much, and having to convince people that the sport has changed. It's difficult, it really is, because of the precedent that has been set and ingrained for so long now. I don't have an answer to that, other than going out and continue what I'm doing."
wiggins-compares-armstrong-to-father-christmas

This guy, Miller, is doing something:
the-oceania-confederation-website-a-grass-roots-protest-against-the-uci
So, maybe one of you can do some html pages, and we see if we can convince Mr Miller to use the Oceania Confederation site to give a larger voice to the "end-user" namely, US? (Update: the UCI has apparently removed their link to Oceaniacycling.com, so here ya go: http://www.oceaniacycling.com/)

The Kimmage fund is over 90K today - and many of you have given to it. But that is only one small aspect. We need something larger to change the UCI.

Will we see a "Manifest for Credible Cycling" summit happen in the next 2 or 3 months? We need it. We want it! We need to figure out what we can do to make sure a summit happens, and something is done about the heading of the UCI. It has to change.

What can WE do? What are YOU doing?

Thanks, and cheers;

hiero

Last edited by hiero2; 11-06-12 at 15:21.
Old 11-06-12, 15:39

If I still had my UCI licence, I would not renew it for a while. Who-ever needs their licence before March anyway? The old one is still OK for cross in most countries.
Old 11-06-12, 16:16

I am on my ***, posting at the clinic day in, day out.
Old 11-06-12, 16:37

Default Honestly?

No moving on.

I would argue we don't know 1/4 of what those terrorists Pat and Hein have done that is illegal depending on jurisdiction, breaks the UCI's own rules, or plainly wrong, but for which there is no rule.

This moving people on strategy has worked out so well for Pat and Hein, there's no reason to stop using it as cover for their long and wide trail of corruption. You have been employing it for quite a while and it only enables the Tin Pot Dictator Verbruggen and his terrorist network. The next UCI doping/fraud scandal is right around the corner.

We **STILL** have Pat and Hein working hard to protect Wonderboy that there has to be something much, much bigger at least the three of them are hiding. Could it be a stream of payments to buy the TdF titles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLBNcrIEZ4
Old 11-08-12, 17:40

Well - it sounds to me like Pound is saying that the UCI is still "business as usual":
pound-the-appointment-of-coates-is-troubling

We've been lucky here in the Clinic - we've had the opportunity to have a little say in history this past year. That doesn't happen often when you're just one of the hoi polloi.

I see that people are extending energy to make the UCI the target, and they are doing it at high levels. That is a good sign a revolt is pending.

But, they still need our energy to back them. Somehow. I don't know what I can do, though. Like I said, in the US, our guys seem to be as complicit as McQuaid, so writing them will probably be meaningless.

We need to keep the UCI on the hot seat. I find Pound's words discouraging, unless somebody is ready to take over with a completely new organization to completely replace the UCI. And that is not likely.
Old 11-08-12, 17:44

Our eyes are still fixated on the giagantic Terd Known as "Armstrong"
Old 11-08-12, 17:52

I'm reading a handwaving missive from someone who wants to "move on".

I'm reading another backflip from the current peloton patron.

I'm hardening my resolve to expose the corruption and lies.
Old 11-08-12, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiero2 View Post
But, they still need our energy to back them. Somehow. I don't know what I can do, though. Like I said, in the US, our guys seem to be as complicit as McQuaid, so writing them will probably be meaningless.
You might try and get rid of him, too.

Quote:
We need to keep the UCI on the hot seat. I find Pound's words discouraging, unless somebody is ready to take over with a completely new organization to completely replace the UCI. And that is not likely.
Coates' appointment is not necessarily a positive sign. Then again, when was the last time a national fed balked?
Old 11-09-12, 00:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
I'm reading a handwaving missive from someone who wants to "move on".

I'm reading another backflip from the current peloton patron.

I'm hardening my resolve to expose the corruption and lies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjanh View Post
You might try and get rid of him, too.
Coates' appointment is not necessarily a positive sign. Then again, when was the last time a national fed balked?
DW! If you are talking about me, I did not write as well as I thought. Move on? Nyet. Here were my points.
Armstrong is guilty. We have decided that. It is done. He is convicted. It is proven. We don't NEED to argue the case any more.

The UCI is now getting the brunt of the heat. As they righteously deserve. We need to do what WE can to add to that heat. We do NOT need to sit back and just gossip amongst ourselves, essentially doing nothing to assist the downfall of the UCI. We DO need to take whatever action we can to support the ousting of McQuaid, and the entry of somebody new. Is it clear now?

Arjanh: Coates appointment is certainly NOT a positive sign. Again, I thought I said that clearly. Pounds does not think it is positive, and not knowing the players and personnel personally, I bow to his reasoning. It certainly smacks, to me, of Obree's "chum-ocracy".
Old 11-09-12, 00:56

Quote:
DW! If you are talking about me, I did not write as well as I thought. Move on? Nyet. Here were my points.
Armstrong is guilty. We have decided that. It is done. He is convicted. It is proven. We don't NEED to argue the case any more.
Thanks for clarifying I am getting very sick of the "move on" message from pro cyclists. (grrrr)

And we will continue to agree to disagree that you can fix a single element of a system (the UCI) in isolation and fix the system (pro cycling) in totality

I Certainly agree Armstrong is almost irrelevant to the big picture, and a symptom of the sickness, rather than one of its many causes. The new threads continue to pop up - even by esteemed and respected members of The Clinic make me but I acknowledge I am more than guilty of inducing said occular acrobatics myself.

As for what I am doing. Writing some software. My research folder got too big and unwieldy, filled with downloaded PDFs and web pages. I am a visually oriented person also, so text is not always the best way for me to "see" things. Hope to post something up next week some time.

Also very interested in discussion regarding developing a better system for cycling. Have contributed but ongoing discussion is limited.