Vino bought the 2010 LBL? - Page 63 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-08-12, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
Can we just agree not to discuss Gilbert in this thread? It's silly. It doesn't matter of Gilbert or anyone else inherits that win.
Nice to see you found your way back to this section of the forum btw
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-08-12, 16:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
No, he's not the second strongest of our generation either(he had one of the strongest teams up until 2011 and he made his own choice in leaving that team). Though this is not the place to discuss that, perhaps make a thread.

I don't see any difference with paying off Cancellara or Kolobnev. I mean, if we're using strange race behavior as evidence for selling a race Cancellara has sold quite a few already. But of course that would be silly. Just a simple principle of innocent until proven guilty. I admit I don't always adhere to that principle, but I try to.
BTW, what were the "ad hominems" you accused me of? was it because i said Gilbert cant win PR, does that count as an ad hominem in your book?
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-08-12, 16:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
BTW, what were the "ad hominems" you accused me of? was it because i said Gilbert cant win PR, does that count as an ad hominem in your book?
Who says I was talking about you when I said that? I was speaking in general, generally Ryo.

That Phil can't win PR is just an unfounded statement most likely stemming from the fact that you have never watched the Omloop het Volk/Nieuwsblad. But don't worry about it, Phil has no interest in PR as of yet.

If Turgot can come second or Vansummeren/O'Grady win, why not Phil?
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 11-08-12, 17:16
Administrator

Can we stop with the Gilbert and country talk, its not adding anything to the threads discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
that's what he said yeah. to get the money from vino that was promised(during the race). most likely though kolobnev bull****ted knowing he didn't have the legs to beat vino and vino knowing this, didn't even pay him until later he started begging for it basically and vino probably felt sorry as well.
Maybe, but that's making a assumption about Kolobnev that can't be proven. I'm willing to bet Kolobnev wasn't just saying that to get the money.

That's just one example of the proof though. Another one is Vino saying in his email "you did the right thing" almost as if he is reassuring him. And if paying riders for their cooperation is as widespread as you have said before then I don't know why he would have to be reassured.
Old 11-08-12, 18:36

he had to be reassured because kolobnev hadn't been paid yet, for whatever reason
Old 11-08-12, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
But it's more or less a victim-less crime (I say more or less because you might argue that the audience might feel "robbed of a true race", I personally think that is BS though). Kolobnev isn't a victim. He could have refused the deal. He probably accepted the deal because he thought he would have lost anyway.

Doping is (obviously) not a victim-less crime.
If you think what Kolobnev and Vino did was a victim-less crime, try putting yourself in the shoes of Kolobnev's teammates in Katusha.
Old 11-08-12, 19:29

Quote:
Considering there are more Dutch people in Belgium than vice versa I think the answer is Belgium.

The only reason I'm constantly defending my country is because you're constantly spouting racist BS and making unfounded statements.
I have to say I watch the cycling in Belgium and the roads look terrible. All those cobbles Belgium could improve that.....
Old 11-08-12, 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FignonLeGrand View Post
I have to say I watch the cycling in Belgium and the roads look terrible. All those cobbles Belgium could improve that.....
What do terrible roads in Belgium have to do with this discussion lol?

Actually, Belgians take better care of their cobbles than their normal roads.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 11-08-12, 19:37

Quote:
What do terrible roads in Belgium have to do with this discussion lol?

Actually, Belgians take better care of their cobbles than their normal roads.
yes yes I was being a little sarcastic. Dont shoot me, I'm english, live in Holland and love my trips to Belgium (Great food, beer abd HILLS). But then again I like most countries and even like Boonen AND Cancellara. Life's too short for the hate.

Nooo time for Vino tho, he is just not good for cycling
Old 11-08-12, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwabbit View Post
If you think what Kolobnev and Vino did was a victim-less crime, try putting yourself in the shoes of Kolobnev's teammates in Katusha.
Lol, you're really reaching.

Andrea Noč on Di Luca, "Il Killer di Spoltore"