Wiggins knocked off bike, broken ribs suspected. - Page 6 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-08-12, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieEdge View Post
Oh please..

It's the least the media (paparazzi more like it) deserve, both here in Oz & Britain get away with writing whatever they like for no regard in general...parasites the lot of them!!!!

Glad he's OK, could of been more serious

I know this is about Wiggins but any news on Sutton - didnt like what I read TBH
Problem is - when you flip the bird to a journalist, it looks more like you are doing it towards his audience... Anyway, this just goes along the lines of what he's shown in the past, no big surprise.
Old 11-08-12, 21:31

That's not wiggins today, he was picked up in daylight in a red car
Old 11-08-12, 21:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancellator View Post
Problem is - when you flip the bird to a journalist, it looks more like you are doing it towards his audience... Anyway, this just goes along the lines of what he's shown in the past, no big surprise.
This is where you hope the audience show a bit of intelligence....

Then again they do read the papers in the first place
Old 11-08-12, 21:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancellator View Post
I don't want Wiggins, or anyone, pandering to an audience who want cameras pointed into cars. And "journalist" is a stretch.
Old 11-08-12, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Webster View Post
Brad was knocked of his bike around 6.30 uk time. Hope he makes a swift recovery. WTF he was doing out training in the dark gawd only knows..one of the obvious advantages of being a full timer is never having to train in the dark!..utter madness!.

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/local/wigg...rash-1-5102981
Who will now light up the racing at the Giro?

(good to hear is a not too hurt)
Old 11-08-12, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
not me, my friend

I'm not surprised by that level of abuse from car drivers: its normal, for goodness sake. I shouted at one today who cut me up when he turn across traffic lights: what did he do? put the finger up at me. Was I bothered? No, it just felt normal.
What I do NOT like is Wiggins getting abuse from fellow cyclists in this instance: totally pathetic, some posters should be ashamed of themselves
Old 11-08-12, 22:59

As a euro living in Sydney, I have to say Aussie drivers suck the most when it comes to respect and awareness of cyclists
Old 11-09-12, 00:27
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
Brad is back:

‏@TelegraphSport
Pic: Bradley Wiggins says hello (sort of) to assembled snappers as he is released from hospital following accident

At a time when people are wishing him well and hoping he recovers he gives us one more reason to dislike him, real classy move there Wiggo .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieEdge View Post
Oh please..

It's the least the media (paparazzi more like it) deserve, both here in Oz & Britain get away with writing whatever they like for no regard in general...parasites the lot of them!!!!
Sure media can be annoying and sometimes they deserve to be told to back off. But when your in the public eye like Wiggins is these kind of things just make you look bad and make people dislike you. Instead of resorting to childish things like flipping them off he should politely tell them to give him some space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Who will now light up the racing at the Giro?
Nibali, Purito, Pozzovivo, Kreuziger, Hesjedal, Scarponi, Basso, Quintana (if he competes), Sanchez (if he competes).

The last thing Wiggins does is light up a race.
Old 11-09-12, 05:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
At a time when people are wishing him well and hoping he recovers he gives us one more reason to dislike him, real classy move there Wiggo .

Sure media can be annoying and sometimes they deserve to be told to back off. But when your in the public eye like Wiggins is these kind of things just make you look bad and make people dislike you. Instead of resorting to childish things like flipping them off he should politely tell them to give him some space.
I agree absolutely classless. Just lost some respect for him.
Old 11-09-12, 06:56
Banned

Haha awesome!