Page 6 has a virus. - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Feedback > About the website

About the website Home for all your redesign feedback. We'll make all our important announcements here too!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-30-12, 10:16
Zam_Olyas's Avatar
Zam_Olyas Zam_Olyas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rubber Plantation.
Posts: 7,655
Default Page 6 has a virus.

Official London Olympics Doping thread page six has this.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-06-12, 10:33
josnor josnor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 44
Default

Have you had this happen since last week?
__________________
Senior Systems Developer - Cyclingnews.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-12, 15:07
TheGame TheGame is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 357
Default

Im getting this a lot!
]

And a video ad that I cant close
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-12, 17:34
Zam_Olyas's Avatar
Zam_Olyas Zam_Olyas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rubber Plantation.
Posts: 7,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josnor View Post
Have you had this happen since last week?
Yes, still there.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-12, 19:31
Scorpius Scorpius is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 22
Default

I have no such problem.

Here is the link : http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthr...t=17913&page=6

rapidas.webcindario.com is a known blacklisted website that can infect your computer with malware according to Google safe browsing.

This website
claims to contain content that is dedicated to women's sprinting in athletics including, biographies, photos, articles, rankings, records and statistics : mywot..........

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/rapidas.webcindario.com?utm_source=addon&utm_conte nt=popup-
donuts

Looks like you might be using an older version of Google Chrome, as can be seen in the screenshot in your initial post.

You may need to run some virus scans.

The latest version of Google Chrome is : Version 23.0.1271.64 m.

I prefer Mozilla Firefox.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-07-12, 00:48
gregod's Avatar
gregod gregod is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I have no such problem.

...
I prefer Mozilla Firefox.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
adblock and ghostery are also good to have.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-07-12, 14:13
TheGame TheGame is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I have no such problem.

Here is the link : http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthr...t=17913&page=6

rapidas.webcindario.com is a known blacklisted website that can infect your computer with malware according to Google safe browsing.

This website
claims to contain content that is dedicated to women's sprinting in athletics including, biographies, photos, articles, rankings, records and statistics : mywot..........

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/rapidas.webcindario.com?utm_source=addon&utm_conte nt=popup-
donuts

Looks like you might be using an older version of Google Chrome, as can be seen in the screenshot in your initial post.

You may need to run some virus scans.

The latest version of Google Chrome is : Version 23.0.1271.64 m.

I prefer Mozilla Firefox.

The page displays it depending on what combination of adverts are shown, I didnt get the warning straight away, but if you refresh often enough it appears.

The version of chrome makes no difference, the information used for anti phishing comes from Google, not from within Chrome (Opera uses google anti phishing as well). The fact that you dont get such warnings in Firefox is not really a recommendation of that browser and its lessened security.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-07-12, 15:53
Scorpius Scorpius is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
The page displays it depending on what combination of adverts are shown, I didnt get the warning straight away, but if you refresh often enough it appears.

The version of chrome makes no difference, the information used for anti phishing comes from Google, not from within Chrome (Opera uses google anti phishing as well). The fact that you dont get such warnings in Firefox is not really a recommendation of that browser and its lessened security.
I use Google Chrome as a second browser sometimes. I had already opened the link to page six of the London Olympics Doping Thread in Google Chrome prior to my initial post to test out that link...... http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthr...t=17913&page=6
........to see if I could find the problem that Zam pointed out in his initial post.

I have phishing and malware protection enabled in Google Chrome. I am also using the Chrome extensions, Do Not Track Plus and Add Block Plus. I have reloaded that page numerous (30 odd in Google Chrome) times, to test it out, and I have not come across any problems whatsoever. So as you have already pointed out, the problem arises depending on what combination of adverts are shown.

I am also using the Firefox extension versions of Do Not Track Plus and Add Block Plus with the Firefox Browser.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-08-12, 17:12
TheGame TheGame is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 357
Default

Depends as well how many posts you have per page in your settings as to which is page 6.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-09-12, 07:20
Scorpius Scorpius is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
Depends as well how many posts you have per page in your settings as to which is page 6.
Which one ? Forum default, 5, 10, 20, 30, or 40, posts per page ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.