Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012) - Page 236 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-07-12, 00:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velodude View Post
Hamilton's author, Daniel Coyle, was also the LA approved author of "Lance Armstrong's War".

Coyle spent months in Spain with Armstrong and the team in preparation for the 2004 TdF. He dispelled some long standing myths and gained some insight into the man that served him well in writing Hamilton's book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
True enough. But what's so unique about Armstrong is that, unlike Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens - who the public knew were a$$holes, Armstrong was able to hoodwink a large proportion of the population into believing he was this noble person. When nothing could be further from the truth.

Scary how gullible some folks are.
Back when he was promoting his Armstrong book, long before all this broke, Coyle was asked in an interview what in his opinion was the public's greatest misconception about Armstrong. To his credit, he answered, "The public's greatest misconception about Armstrong? That he is a nice guy."
Old 11-07-12, 07:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
Ban Thom Wiesel and purge USAC of his cronies. Shutting down USACDF would be a good too.

It's his system that plugged into Pat and Hein's schemes.
That little bit on another thread about Amgen encouraging clinical availability speaks volumes. Wiesel's proximity to Amgen's IPO and his stake in it has everything to do with the original Justice dept. dismissal of the case as much as certain Cal. politicians' support of his legacy. Money talks and if Tygart's declaration of "30 times worse" is going where I think it might it will lead to some seedy, corporate profiteering. While Weisel's fingerprints are all over this sh*t; he can't be stupid enough to be directly associated with an EPO connnection. His USA Cycling control will be gone soon because the Federation has no creditibility with anyone. They all should walk to the door voluntarily because they all knew what was going on from Eddie B to USPS. I'm surprised all of the USAC management hasn't left their keys on the desk and gone on an Ensenda vacation...for pot instead of PEDs.
Old 11-07-12, 08:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxiton View Post
Back when he was promoting his Armstrong book, long before all this broke, Coyle was asked in an interview what in his opinion was the public's greatest misconception about Armstrong. To his credit, he answered, "The public's greatest misconception about Armstrong? That he is a nice guy."
Your qoute made me dig up this interview - a "fun" read

http://www.booknoise.net/armstrong/qanda.html

Quote:
Booknoise: You moved to Spain to follow Armstrong and write about his season. What surprised you most about him?

Coyle: How much control he liked to have, over everything. He called every shot—not just with the bike, but with what backroad-route the training ride was going to follow, what brand coffee was on the team bus. You name it, he controlled it...

The last time I saw Armstrong, he’d just gotten a news-alert service on his BlackBerry that beeped whenever it located a news article with his name in it. The thing was buzzing every couple minutes. And he looked at it every time.
Old 11-09-12, 09:19

ARMSTRONG AND MARC BIVER
From Rad Sport http://www.beobachter.ch/justiz-beho...ng-connection/

Cycling

The doping Connection

From Twitter NOT Pat MCQUAID.
Old 11-09-12, 10:22

Thanks CC, couldn't get the page to load.

Notice there's no Scimone in that picture? Or is this something other than Padova?

Nein sprechen zie, ich bin eine auslander.
Old 11-09-12, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post

Back to the pic - is there a translation for us faux multilinguists? What's the upshot, and what's it about? I can't load the originating page for some reason, might try again on the weekend when my connection reliability resumes, but a quick heads up on a precis would be appreciated!
LOL

The pic shows various (mostly) business (but also personal) connections between Ferrari, Lance, Rominger, 2 swiss nationals (Marc Bivet & Roland Magne) and team Astana and various (6) swiss registered firms (that these guys own or are on the board of). It's clear that the LA and Ferrari business network spreads far and wide. Rominger is one (swiss) example one suspects.

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Old 11-09-12, 15:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
LOL

The pic shows various (mostly) business (but also personal) connections between Ferrari, Lance, Rominger, 2 swiss nationals (Marc Bivet & Roland Magne) and team Astana and various (6) swiss registered firms (that these guys own or are on the board of). It's clear that the LA and Ferrari business network spreads far and wide. Rominger is one (swiss) example one suspects.
Why is there no link between Lance and Astana?

Contador telling Lance to back off, or something even less polite.

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"

Last edited by D-Queued; 11-09-12 at 21:09.
Old 11-10-12, 04:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Queued View Post

Dave.
Remember Tyler's book? They're mano a mano'ing and Tyler's thinkng, "yep, still here". At another point he mentions when Lance is out of the saddle, he's going for it - at his limit.

With those points in mind, and Lance's haggard expression vs Contador's grin, I am guessing Albie is saying, "You struggling there, Big Tex? Imma ride one handed for a bit then blow you away. Come at me, bro. Come at me."
Old 11-10-12, 05:57

Quote:

Dave.
That additional nut certainly makes a difference in package size.
Old 11-10-12, 09:43

Quote:

Dave.
That's a great pic. It's pretty clear Contador is telling Armstrong, "Get back there where you belong. You stand no chance up here. When I need your help I'll tell you."

Or, He's taunting him. "Feeling a-ok boss? Let's kick it up a couple of notches."