Who will win 2013 GIRO? - Page 24 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win 2013 GIRO?
Nibali 90 32.03%
Rodriguez 29 10.32%
Hesjedal 16 5.69%
Basso 9 3.20%
Wiggins 106 37.72%
Scarponi 2 0.71%
Others 29 10.32%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-12, 04:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Wow, just wow! LOL! Ryo and Pisto, take it away.

In both my posts the principle that we are comparing rider's current abilities and.not.their future.abilities is quite.clearly laid out.

So.im unsure whether this was a not thought through trolling attempt or whether you legitimately failed to understand the sentences.

Of course you have a storied history of both, but judging by the fact that you ask 2 other posters for help rather than point anything out yourself ill guess its the trolling and not the ignorance on this occasion.

Am I right?
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-09-12, 06:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
He won the Tour that year off form. Unless you think finishing a tt outside the top 30, a handful of seconds ahead of Andy Schleck, is Contador at 100%.
Was he really off form for that Tour? He was pretty strong on the cobbles, considering he missed the Spartacus group. All the favorites failed at that TT because of the wind. Menchov didn't, but he was the strongest at that point.
Old 11-09-12, 06:42
Administrator

Quote:

In both my posts the principle that we are comparing rider's current abilities and.not.their future.abilities is quite.clearly laid out.

So.im unsure whether this was a not thought through trolling attempt or whether you legitimately failed to understand the sentences.

Of course you have a storied history of both, but judging by the fact that you ask 2 other posters for help rather than point anything out yourself ill guess its the trolling and not the ignorance on this occasion.

Am I right?
you say that we are talking about now and that is why we shouldn't dismiss rodrigues despite him being early 34 but you are using results from over 2 years ago to prove that sanchez is still better then nibali, so you are contradicting yourself.
Old 11-09-12, 09:45
Administrator

Quote:
i dont know about now since he has been plagued with misfortune last 2 gts he tried, but 07 Vuleta, 09 Vuelta Sanchez showed far better tt skills than Nibali has, and most importantly 2010 Tour (where we couldnt see him tt properly since he had a brokenw wrist) he showed significantly greater mountain skills than Nibali has.

Of course Nibali may reach a higher level with time, but if we assume he is still (just about) at a level similar to 2010, then yes Samu is a better gt rider than Nibali. For today.
by the same reasoning Menchov is a better gt rider than Nibali. (edit: AND Sanchez is WAY better than Purito)

Really, 2010 is two years ago and will become 3 years ago by the time we reach next May....

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...

Last edited by Eshnar; 11-09-12 at 09:48.
Old 11-09-12, 12:38

Quote:

Am I right?
I don't think so. Current abilities = next year abilities. Cadel Evans have already proved you wrong when it comes to age which can be an important factor. Purito may or may not perform well next year, and if he doesn't we can surely blame it in part to his age.

Seeing the outrage by other posters on your comments display who's the real troll here.
Old 11-09-12, 14:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
you say that we are talking about now and that is why we shouldn't dismiss rodrigues despite him being early 34 but you are using results from over 2 years ago to prove that sanchez is still better then nibali, so you are contradicting yourself.
Excuse me, I did not "prove" nor attempt to prove sanchez is still better than nibali, i used the only reference point we have for sanchez, in a discussion about how.can we know how good sanchez is, to prove that he WAS better than nibali and that he therefore MIGHT still be so long as we use the assumption ( conditional) that he has not deteriorated too much. that sentence structure fully allows for.the possibility of nibali being better than sanchez now.

In fact in the first post i even.post this making it very.clear that nibalis potential Cannot be taken into account in such a comparison, which is exactly what i say in the 2nd post.

Quote:
Of course Nibali may reach a higher level with time, but....

So please do explain to.me.exactly how that post adressing the question on whether sanchez is better than nibali today ( and where i clearly point out the irrelevance of nibalis future potential) contradicts with my second post that future potential is irrelevant in a gt .

Oh and i do actually think nibali will beat purito at the giro. But it will be because of the tt and not because he gets some.bonus seconds for.having future potential.

Quote:
I don't think so. Current abilities = next year abilities. Cadel Evans have already proved you wrong when it comes to age which can be an important factor. Purito may or may not perform well next year, and if he doesn't we can surely blame it in part to his age.)
Hey pea brain. How is that me contradicting.myself?

I say - age doesn't matter.
You say - ugh no, age DOES matter, Evans proves it, and hitch is contradicting himself.

If i say 1 thing and you say another that's YOU contradicting ME. Not me contradicting myself.

Think it.over. Do you see how.it.works
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.

Last edited by The Hitch; 11-09-12 at 14:48.
Old 11-09-12, 15:01

Quote:
Hey pea brain. How is that me contradicting.myself?

I say - age doesn't matter.
You say - ugh no, age DOES matter, Evans proves it, and hitch is contradicting himself.

If i say 1 thing and you say another that's YOU contradicting ME. Not me contradicting myself.

Think it.over. Do you see how.it.works
Pea brain? LOL!!!! I haven't read anybody more convoluted than yourself.

Let me know when you figure it out.
Old 11-09-12, 15:39

Quote:

I have nothing against the occasional insult, or even picture if you struggle with words, but you might want to occasionally add some substance to your posts.

An Ad hominem or 2 there may have been (and pea brain if you look it up is quite gentle) but i also adressed the subject at hand, and laid out the case that you had made an error of judgment and I had not contradicted myself.

Your response meanwhile, as is often the case with your posts, consists of several insults followed by a smiley.

Do you seriously think other posters are bothered in the slightest if some guy they dont know, who disagrees with them ends a discussion with a bunch of insults and a picture of a fat man?

Away from the playground engaging people in a discussion can often provide more success in making them feel angry (which i assume is your aim) than " I know you are but what am I"
Old 11-09-12, 15:42

Quote:

Rofl, funny picture
The Hitch is right nonetheless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 11-09-12, 15:52

Quote:
An Ad hominem or 2 there may have been (and pea brain if you look it up is quite gentle) but i also adressed the subject at hand, and laid out the case that you had made an error of judgment and I had not contradicted myself.

Your response meanwhile, as is often the case with your posts, consists of several insults followed by a smiley.

Do you seriously think other posters are bothered in the slightest if some guy they dont know, who disagrees with them ends a discussion with a bunch of insults and a picture of a fat man?
You can only fool the newbies with your words. You have called me idiot countless times. Responses from other posters to you clearly show what they think of you, and show who you really are. Stop playing the victim and take accountability for what you say or try to say, and maybe you'll be respected. This is the end of this conversation. Over and out.