Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 11-09-12, 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post
It is nice to hear that the Cubans who have made it to Europe are less radical and have a more balance.

You just made that crap up. Do you have experience working with all the defected Cubans in America?

Thanks for the lecture in regards to what is wrong with the USA defected Cubans as compared to the European counterparts.

Imagine if the USA had the vision to drop all of this embargo crap and flooded Cuba with the big bad capitalist goods and services. Wow imagine what the people would do with food, water, toilet paper, cars, cheap electronics...on and on. That bad capitalist just might start another revolution and Fidel and family would find their a$$'s out of a job or dead. Oh well.
come on glenn, both the cubans he met were less radical. rube wouldn't make up anything.
Old 11-09-12, 11:38

A blog by someone on the Romney campaign, about that highly sophisticated system they used to lose this election:

The Unmitigated Disaster Known As Project ORCA

Quote:
They expected 75-80 year old veteran volunteers to print out 60+ pages on their home computers? The night before election day? From what I hear, other people had similar experiences. In fact, many volunteers never received their packets at all.
Old 11-09-12, 11:49

I'm at a loss, really...

Quote:
Please listen/read, folks... Ah've a serious Proposition hereunder on how WE THE SOVEREIGN AMERICAN CITIZEN-TAXPAYERS can take back America from those dang marxists and their free-loading cabal of societally-parasitic electoral supporters...

Here goes:

Let's get Gov. Mitt Romney & Gov. Sarah Palin to lead an econopolitical crusade to gather all interested conservatives; persuade each to invest à minimum of $50 to fund the acquisition of nationwide-subscribed newspapers (ie: target the NYTimes, for example!), radio stations, TV stations (ie: target CNN!), failing high schools all over the US (to turn them into private low-tuition magnet-school systèms that have strong Boy-Scouting & ROTC programs, philosopolitical civics curricula, and open to churches-and-homeschooling interscholastic instructions), etc. These infrastructural foundations for conservatism are self-sustainable from the get-go and should be financially-and-sociopolitically-profitable in the long term. They nurture and acculturate young people from their formative years and onwards for the rest of their adult lives. And they attract America's bests by simply doing their profit-making business activities!

And starting with the Tea Party movement which informal total membership, in mah conservative estimation... must be around à million-strong, mah proposition has the critical mass for a big-time take-off. If a million-strong investors' group would invest an average of à $100 each, that $100-million investment fund could make say... a newly-acquired NYTimes sensational and profitable overnight with 1-million new subscribers that could offset even à ruinous 50% outright subscriber-cancellations from its present marxist clients.

With a grandiose opening-shot like that, the likes of CNN-targets won't be far-off with Gov. Mitt Romney's investment/managérial skills, plus Gov. Sarah Palin's PR-charisma, Ann Coulter's legal ****ings, Michelle Malkin's persuasive editorializings, PolitiChicks motivationals, Rissy Hamilton's opposition-researchings... Et cetera...

The principal characters of mah Proposition are in place, very likely ready, and above all - have abundantly-proven themselves highly-motivated-to-succeed and pretty skilled in their respective fields. Furthermore, these times are ripe to start this grandiose enterprise. And with the odiously-incompetent / pathological liar at the helm of shrinking-global US-leadership, the next 4 years promise huge harvests of newsworthy materials that the reading public here and aborda will snap up!

Therefore, friends, what are we waiting for! Mah personal $300-investment into this proposed-Romney-managed-$100M-AmericanConservatives-fund is getting hot and ready!
Old 11-09-12, 12:11

That one really seems a joke, including Redneck spelling.
Old 11-09-12, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricknd View Post
$12 a beer to pay for a sport catering to wealthy, aging, elitists to pretend they're still athletes? supporting that makes you part of the problem..... please tell me it wasn't bud light !!!!
Not Bud Light.

I think it was Longboard IPA. I walked up and ordered two beers... One for me an one for Mrs SoCal. The bartender says.. "That'll be twenty four dollars" and didn't bat an eye.
Old 11-09-12, 12:59

Education levels and voting
Old 11-09-12, 14:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Not Bud Light.

I think it was Longboard IPA. I walked up and ordered two beers... One for me an one for Mrs SoCal. The bartender says.. "That'll be twenty four dollars" and didn't bat an eye.
i would have had to ask for my other four beers
Old 11-09-12, 15:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Not Bud Light.

TBF the beers were nearly 24oz. but yeah it was a little steep, that is why all the team tents had their own coolers. If you would have come by my tent I'd have bought you a beer or three.

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Old 11-09-12, 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutto View Post
Mitt Romney's Campaign Cancels Staffers Credit Cards In The Middle Of The Night (Forbes)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/helaineo...-of-the-night/

"The next time you have the misfortune of hearing a Wall Street titan or other one-percenter whine about how their trickle-down contributions are not appreciated by the masses remember this tidbit, courtesy of Garrett Haake at NBC:

"From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself."

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

No doubt a whole host of Boston taxi drivers found themselves stiffed when it came to tips early Wednesday morning. That’s what happens when the money trickles up, not down and it’s why healthy economies don’t depend on the trickle down whims of overlords. The minute Richie Rich decides he doesn’t need all that stuff staff … well, that’s that.

In case you are wondering, this did not have to happen. The Mitt Romney for President entity does not end with Romeny’s Tuesday night loss. There are papers to be filed with various federal commissions and bills to be paid …."

....so this is the kind of behaviour that the US would had to endure had RobMe been elected...looks like America dodged a bullet...

What a jerk.

Cheers

blutto
pfft they couldn't even do something as simple as add up polling numbers accurately and people (hey Scott) thought they were going to balance a multi-trillion dollar budget and reform the tax code? They were a **** show from the beginning to end.
Old 11-09-12, 16:07
Administrator

READ THIS!

Since the election is now over, and that is the general purpose of this thread, I'm trying to figure out when a good time to close this thread will be, and steer the conversation back into the General Politics thread.

I will consider slitting threads, but in a very limited capacity. While this is the Cafe, it's still a cycling forum and I honestly don't feel we need more than one politics thread. But if anyone can give me a good reason to have more tham one political thread, and define what those threads would be, im open to hear it. All feedback is welcome.