The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game Speculation/name-dropping - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 11-09-12, 21:01

Default The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game Speculation/name-dropping

This is for us who don't mind a few names being dropped, and who likes to discuss riders for the upcoming CQ Manager

But remember that despite Breschel being mentioned a lot last year (and the most common pick!) he ended up not being on the dream-team, so even the most obvious picks aren't always the best.

Similar I don't think many would have picked Purito last year no matter how many times someone would have mentioned his name.

But the thread is of course not just for dropping names (and fool others to pick average/bad riders) but also to discuss, analyse and argue.

Have fun!
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 11-09-12, 21:06

Of course one should keep the best picks to themselves, but we can always discuss the borderline picks and argue how many points a certain rider should be able to score compared to the cost.

So an opining question could be:
How many points in return should a rider with a cost of 500 be able to score, before such a rider would be an average, good or great choice?
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.

Last edited by Netserk; 11-09-12 at 21:08.
Old 11-09-12, 22:04

Why don't we have this thread in the actual CQ game thread? Too many threads.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 11-09-12, 22:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
Of course one should keep the best picks to themselves, but we can always discuss the borderline picks and argue how many points a certain rider should be able to score compared to the cost.

So an opining question could be:
How many points in return should a rider with a cost of 500 be able to score, before such a rider would be an average, good or great choice?
Average 800 good 1000 great 1500+
Old 11-09-12, 22:12

I am wondering about Brambilla Gianluca that is, I believe he could do good in il Giro but is he gonna get many opportunities in OPQS
Old 11-10-12, 10:15

Personally, I don't mind name dropping. The names are available to anyone who goes through cqranking.com's ranking.

The interesting and challenging part is deciding who to pick and I don't see why we can't discuss this as noone is gonna give away their secrets anyway, I think. You can name "bad picks" as well if you want
Old 11-10-12, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Koblet View Post
Personally, I don't mind name dropping. The names are available to anyone who goes through cqranking.com's ranking.

The interesting and challenging part is deciding who to pick and I don't see why we can't discuss this as noone is gonna give away their secrets anyway, I think. You can name "bad picks" as well if you want
Those people are scared I think that someone is reminded of a good pick they initially forgot about, that's why I won't name my winning pick
Old 11-10-12, 12:55

I remember last year that a lot complained about name-dropping, so that is the reason why I created a thread. This way should be able to satisfy everybody
Old 11-10-12, 12:57

So what do you guys think about Canc?
Cost: 1031

2011: 1434
2010: 1559

Too expensive and riding on too bad a team?

EDIT: I remember Fermi picking him last year, do you think he will pick him again now that he is cheaper

Last edited by Netserk; 11-10-12 at 13:00.
Old 11-10-12, 13:03

No, don't want to curse him. Was more a tactical pick anyway based on the year's parcours. Trying to fit Froome into my team this time around though! Was in there before but someone scored points and pushed me over budget

Cancellara's peak non-Olympic year was 1559. If he managed that again for a ~50% you'd probably be happy.

Last edited by Ferminal; 11-10-12 at 13:06.