Colombia - Coldeportes - Page 60 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-02-12, 07:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Just off the top of my head I think the wildcard teams could likely be this (assuming Saxo doesn't get a WT licence).

Giro: Farnese Vini, Androni Giocattoli, Saxo, Coldeportes
Farnese Vini and Androni will definitely get invites after their success at this years Giro, Saxo I think can get a invite here thanks to Kreuziger. The Giro I think will be Coldeportes best chance for a GT invite, especially with Colnago no longer having Pozzovivo.
Team Androni Giocattoli-Venezuela has already got a invitation to the Giro dŽItalia 2013 because that they for the third year in a row have won the Champione dŽItalia.

//Fritz
Old 11-02-12, 18:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
No way will Vini Fantini not be invited. With no Pozzovivo, Colnago may well not get a wild card. I can see Coldeportes at the Giro.
their biggest chance is at the vuelta without possibly andalucia and cofidis
Old 11-02-12, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Just off the top of my head I think the wildcard teams could likely be this (assuming Saxo doesn't get a WT licence).

Giro: Farnese Vini, Androni Giocattoli, Saxo, Coldeportes
Farnese Vini and Androni will definitely get invites after their success at this years Giro, Saxo I think can get a invite here thanks to Kreuziger. The Giro I think will be Coldeportes best chance for a GT invite, especially with Colnago no longer having Pozzovivo.

Tour: Europecar, Saxo, Saur-Sojasun, Cofidis
Not sure Coldeportes can get an invite here, Europecar, Saxo, and Cofidis definitely will get invites. I think Saur-Sojasun could get the final invite over Coldeportes just because they are a French team.

Vuelta: Cofidis, Caja Rural, saxo, andalucia/Coldeportes
Hard to call this one, Cofidis and Caja Rural will definitely get invites. If Contador says he wants to go for the Vuelta win after the Tour then I think Saxo will get a invite or they might just get a invite because they are the team of Contador. Coldeportes could definitely be competitive here but Andalucia being spanish goes against their chances of a invite. This is the GT where I could see a Coldeportes not getting a invite because of Saxo not getting into the WT.

Did ASO say they might do that? Kind of counterproductive to reducing teams to 8 riders.
the tour will have 22 teams. no more, also with just 8 riders

still saxo won't be invited to the giro without contador. nobody cares about kreuziger
Old 11-02-12, 18:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
still saxo won't be invited to the giro without contador. nobody cares about kreuziger
Of course Saxo will be invited with Kreuziger and Bennati.
Old 11-02-12, 19:08
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
the tour will have 22 teams. no more, also with just 8 riders

I think Saxo could get a invite based on what they would bring to the race. Saxo could bring more to the race then other possible wildcard teams like Netapp, or Colnago.

I agree that Kreuziger is overrated as a GC contender but he was still able to win a stage of this years Giro.
Old 11-09-12, 21:18

They will ride with Wilier bikes next year!

http://www.cicloweb.it/news/2012/11/...-nel-2013.html
Old 11-12-12, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by janraaskalt View Post
Of course Saxo will be invited with Kreuziger and Bennati.
maybe if they pay acquarone cash, otherwise no chance. bennatti is nobody in italy and so is kreuziger
Old 11-13-12, 03:14

Bennati and Kreuziger won 2 GT stages this year- of course SBS could be invited to the Giro. Also Bennati could go quite well at races like SB (he did good work for Cancellara this year) and could enjoy a career renaissance under Riis.
I want Coldportes to be invited as well but i could understand if SBS were more likely to go to the Giro over CC.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"
Old 11-13-12, 07:58

farnese, colnago, coldeportes(corti), argos, would all be selected before saxo, unless like I said saxo would pay money like netapp did this year. and there are only 3 wildcards to give
Old 12-18-12, 13:04

haven't read it here yet, but corti has stated in a recent interview that they have 90% chance of doing the giro or the tour next year. especially aso love them and to me they have biggest chance of doing the tour and vuelta.