"Unfortunately I never doped" : Benoît Joachim - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-09-12, 18:23

This is a very odd fellow. Once he refused to ride the World Championships because they didn't pay him enough. When he switched to CC Differdange he rode one race the whole season, for the rest he was out with a broken finger. When LEOPARD TREK was founded his comment was "I've worked with Baffi, he's not that great". He also ran for elections and is most likely gay (not that that has anything to do with it).

Not really sure what to make of this. He has some points I guess but overall it's mostly bullsh... he wouldn't have been a prolific winner and made loads of cash even if he had doped ..... which he did

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 11-09-12, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxiton View Post
OMG. I should have my coffee before posting.

Never mind.
Apparently it is cowardly to tell the truth and courageous to lie. Thus is the way in the parallel world of pro cycling.

He might have a point for Hincapie and Leipheimer. Cowards.
Old 11-09-12, 18:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Januss View Post
I think what he meant to say was "I never tested positive".
He did test positive. For nandrolone (steroids). His national fed let him off with a lame excuse that I don't recall. I think it was something to do with the time between when the A and B samples were tested.
Old 11-09-12, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
He might have a point for Hincapie and Leipheimer. Cowards.
Instead of patting himself on the back for keeping clean (according to him), he goes on to say he should've doped. Obviously it would have been for the money. So if it was for money why he didn't do it? He claims he didn't do it for economic reasons, health, and the third was afraid of having a positive test.

I really don't get what kind of values this guy has.
Old 11-09-12, 19:18

Quote:
Agreed. He's speaking honestly* - and in doing so makes himself a unique figure in the pro peloton. Listen to the man! He's telling it like it is.

*Maybe.
Ferrari Program > Local Trash Doctor leftovers > No Doping

It was impossible to take part in the big races and perform at the time without some level of doping. Sounds to me Joachim would have liked to be on the executive level doping program with hindsight.

In any case my view "doping still pays" is perhaps still valid?
Old 11-09-12, 19:57

I don't believe for a second he never doped, but at least regarding Ferrari he's more honest than most USADA witnesses.
Old 11-09-12, 21:54

this is what too much EPO does to your brain .......
Old 11-09-12, 22:34

Default Never doped?

Guys, guys, in the original Quotidien article, he never says he didn't dope. He says he was offered and even met with Ferrari. But ultimately he didn't use him for financial reasons, for health reasons, because he was afraid of getting caught.
Old 11-09-12, 23:18

Talking

Quote:
OMG. I should have my coffee before posting.

Never mind.
Ops. Sorry.

Anyway I ran the original article through a special translator. With the use of the right code, the article becomes:

Quote:
Dear teammates and creditors:

In the wake of recent events in the world of cycling, I can no longer hide my past. I admit to doping with EPO, blood transfusions, cortisone, testosterone, Clenbuterol, Actovegin, rhinoceros horn, and PCP. I wanted to use these products because I felt I had to in order to keep up. I took these products between February 1996 and December 2007.

I don't care what anyone thinks about my actions and I hope that my confession can help bring positive change to the sport that we all love so much.

I regret the introduction of the blood passport. My Palmares shows just how much I and my creditors have suffered as a result of this.

Sincerely,
Benny J
You just have to have the right translator to understand some of these guys. This makes it easy:
http://sorryidoped.com/
Old 11-09-12, 23:38

The more I read about this guy, the more I dislike him.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...ferrari_264528

His story doesn't add up and he sounds like 'desinformation'. Honesty is definitely NOT a word to be said to describe him.