Wiggins knocked off bike, broken ribs suspected. - Page 11 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-09-12, 22:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski101 View Post
and of course all of these people making these comments have met Mr & Mrs Wiggins and are totally able to form an unbiased opinion of their personalities and charachters. i'm guessing that is from the Daily Mail or the Scum.

utter crap.
I actually did see Wiggins once - at the 2011 Vuelta, and he did act like a prat. When people came up to ask him for an autograph he shouted - "dont ****ing touch me" and they moved away and he moved into his car.

Of course some of you will claim im making it up or whatever but didnt one of the journos also say that when he tried to talk to wiggins after a race wiggins rudely told him to go away?

And Vaughters is also on record on this forum saying wiggo is a jerk.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-09-12, 23:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of The Wolds View Post
He's had 2 months off and has his main aim for next year less than 6 months away. Besides, I think the current Velo d'Or winner, yellow jersey and Olympic Champ knows how to prepare. I would like to know why he's out at night though. A lot of Sky' marginal gains stuff is about reducing risk. Seems a bit pointless to then go out in the dark.
Excellent point. Us amateur hacks have to ride whenever we get a chance, but pros ride for a living, so presumably can pick their times more.

However, I bet the pros also have days (like in November) when it takes a while to get up the motivation to go out for a ride. Guys who win end up blowing off training for that day, guys that win force themselves to go out even when it is dark.
Old 11-09-12, 23:22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
I actually did see Wiggins once - at the 2011 Vuelta, and he did act like a prat. When people came up to ask him for an autograph he shouted - "dont ****ing touch me" and they moved away and he moved into his car.

Of course some of you will claim im making it up or whatever but didnt one of the journos also say that when he tried to talk to wiggins after a race wiggins rudely told him to go away?

And Vaughters is also on record on this forum saying wiggo is a jerk.
That's odd since i asked him for his autograph a few weeks back near where he lives and he was exceptionally nice about it since he didn't need to give me one and was on his own time and out with his wife.

Last edited by HiCadence; 11-09-12 at 23:26.
Old 11-09-12, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post
Picture this you've been an accident, broken your ribs, probably haven't slept well, on various painkillers, food was probably **** and bunch of idiots are shoving cameras in your face.

Would you not be even a little ****ed off?
Errr he was inside a car. No one was shoving cameras in his face. As he drove past he flicked the finger.

Come on Matt Parker. You know this.
Old 11-09-12, 23:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCadence View Post
I think it has more to do with the fact that he's a brit and a brit that has won the tour de france than anything else i bet you it would be completely different had he been riding as say an italian or french rider.

It's just discrimination and it's really sad to see it.
The only discrimination I see is in your own post.

I believe it is poor behaviour for a public figure to give the finger to the press. Are you saying people like me would have a different opinion if say Ivan Basso had given the press the finger when he was the reigning Giro champion, (for example)?

When Mel Gibson launched his public, drunken, anti-Jewish tirade a few years back most of us thought that was inappropriate behaviour for a celebrity. Were we discriminating against Australians then?
Old 11-10-12, 00:19
Banned

Yes i am saying the comments and hate being thrown at Wiggo would be different if Ivan basso was in the same situation.

Trying to compare Wiggins giving the finger to a pap and Mel Gibsons racist rants is moronic that's like comparing apples to oranges to be honest.
Old 11-10-12, 00:25

Quote:
That's odd since i asked him for his autograph a few weeks back near where he lives and he was exceptionally nice about it since he didn't need to give me one and was on his own time and out with his wife.
+1 Met him at the Stoke stage of this years ToB and he was more than happy to sign my photos and programme, with a smile too!
Old 11-10-12, 08:33

Smart move to apologise. He won a lot of hearts this year, including many youngsters, no point in blowing it. Bike riders are rarely diplomats, I'd imagine Hinault in a similar situation would have taken someones head off. Soon blow over, hope he gets well soon.
Old 11-10-12, 12:14

Quote:
Yes i am saying the comments and hate being thrown at Wiggo would be different if Ivan basso was in the same situation.
That is such bull****
Old 11-10-12, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
Brad is back:

‏@TelegraphSport
Pic: Bradley Wiggins says hello (sort of) to assembled snappers as he is released from hospital following accident

Yo F#%^nuts it's Probin time.