Sky - Page 843 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-10-12, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Proof again you know very little about cycling. you do know lance went around telling everyone he doped and it still took 13 years and a lot of luck.

If you really believe that then please direct me to where i can read about the fall ofindurain.

Different eras, imo this drips and drops business it getting more and more prevalent as the sport progresses.

And how does this show I know very little about cycling, what are you going on about? Please explain..
Old 11-10-12, 20:17

All I can say is that to me, Sky and the discussions around it, feels like deja vu to the discussions about USP in the early 2000s. Everything from the responses of the fanboys, to the amount of information. Do you not remember the discussions back then?

In 2000 it was connect the dots, in 2012 it is connect the dots.

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
Old 11-10-12, 20:18
Banned

I respect Froome19. At least he thinks about the possibility of doping and provides critical reasoning to why he thinks they're clean.

The "no proof" brigade is not even thinking about it. Just shouting "no proof" with their fingers in their ears.

I still don't even know what they mean by "proof". What's is proof? A positive test?

I'm still waiting. I'll be waiting a long it seems....

Last edited by thehog; 11-10-12 at 20:20.
Old 11-10-12, 20:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
All I can say is that to me, Sky and the discussions around it, feels like deja vu to the discussions about USP in the early 2000s. Everything from the responses of the fanboys, to the amount of information. Do you not remember the discussions back then?

In 2000 it was connect the dots, in 2012 it is connect the dots.
Yes. But we have someone stating proof of video evidence and a statistic of 100% certainty that Wiggins is working with Ferrari. Now should that not be enough to move forward with outing them ? Yet all we get is a persons word without even a clue as to what the evidence is or how the facts have been gathered. I mean if I knew with 100% certainty that someone was working with Ferrari then I would like to think I would do something about it(hopefully) other than just saying I do without any substance. As I have said sources dont have to be given up, its easy not too while giving some evidence other than what at the moment looks like a roswell theory due to no real evidence whatsoever unfortunately.
Old 11-10-12, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
I respect Froome19. At least he thinks about the possibility of doping and provides critical reasoning to why he thinks they're clean.

The "no proof" brigade is not even thinking about it. Just shouting "no proof" with their fingers in their ears.

I still don't even know what they mean by "proof". What's is proof? A positive test?

I'm still waiting. I'll be waiting a long it seems....
No Hog you should not be waiting your just choosing to quote the same line to deflect that you at this time have no credibility with your statements of having proof.......The 100% certainty that wiggins is working with Ferrari is evidence alone, start there !
Old 11-10-12, 20:39

Tenerife is unfortunately tainted by it's association with dodgy doctors.
(as is Gran Canaria)
On the other hand, where else can you fly to with ease, board in comfort and find so many kms of roads above 2000 metres, that can be ridden in temperatures around 10C in mid-winter?

Where are the untainted, viable alternatives?
Old 11-10-12, 20:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
Tenerife is unfortunately tainted by it's association with dodgy doctors.
(as is Gran Canaria)
On the other hand, where else can you fly to with ease, board in comfort and find so many kms of roads above 2000 metres, that can be ridden in temperatures around 10C in mid-winter?

Where are the untainted, viable alternatives?
And which are of course harder for testers to make unannounced visits.

Of course all of those attractions were also explanations put forward by Armstrong, Vino, Dertie etc when they went training in Tenerife.

The question is - are they going for the roads or for the drugs.

Why should we believe Sky?

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
Old 11-10-12, 21:12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy69 View Post
No Hog you should not be waiting your just choosing to quote the same line to deflect that you at this time have no credibility with your statements of having proof.......The 100% certainty that wiggins is working with Ferrari is evidence alone, start there !
No I don't need to do anything.

Your friends at Sky need to do the talking.

If they're happy to present to ASO they should be happy to show you the secrets behind their success.

Go knock on their door. I'm sure they'd be happy to show you their blood profiles
Old 11-10-12, 21:13

The question was simply are there any viable alternatives?
It's not a trick question. I ask out of curiostity.
I cannot believe that the use of Tenerife goes unnoticed by the likes of Walsh and Kimmage.
The Island does raise a doping red flag.
Is there such a thing as an unimpeachable high altitude, mid-winter training ground?
Old 11-10-12, 21:21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
And which are of course harder for testers to make unannounced visits.

Of course all of those attractions were also explanations put forward by Armstrong, Vino, Dertie etc when they went training in Tenerife.

The question is - are they going for the roads or for the drugs.

Why should we believe Sky?
As Mellow asks, where is a viable alternative?
Riders do not go to Tenerife to dope, riders (including many dopers) go to Tenerife to train. Dopers need to train too.

Also, you mentioned that LA went to Tenerife to hide or dope, he actually went to Puigcerda in northern Spain to hide.