Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012) - Page 237 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-10-12, 11:57
Banned

http://transparencyinsportblog.wordp...tole-my-10000/

Lance stole my £10,000.

Quote:
Twelve years have passed since Lance Armstrong mugged me. It was in public but none of the watchers shouted ‘Stop thief!’ We were crowded in a small bookshop near Trafalgar Square in Central London. Six books had made the short list for the £10,000 Sports Book of the Year prize. Slowly, the chairman of the judging panel eliminated the also-rans. My book about Olympic corruption was still in the race! I’d been shortlisted ten years earlier for another book about sports corruption. Was it my turn, at last?]
Quote:
But Sally insists, ‘Lance Armstrong is a good man. There’s nothing that I can learn about him short of murder that would alter my opinion on that . . . For a long, long time I’ve had serious doubts about the motives, efficiency and wisdom of these doping investigations.’

Sally Jenkins, chosen and enriched by Lance
Oh dear, Sally. This is embarrassing. The evidence screams that he forced team members to dope, even when they didn’t want to. A fiercely drugged-up entourage in the peloton propelled him to greater riches. Sally, for goodness sake, your pal Lance was a dealer! He chased down, threatened and tried to destroy people who told the truth.

And Sally’s wrong about something else. She wrote, ‘One thing I know about Armstrong, my friend and book collaborator of a decade now, is how much he loves a confrontation.’ Not any more he doesn’t. He’s hiding in his bunker in Austin Texas, reading the demands from sponsors for their money back and cancelled invitations to deliver uplifting and inspirational speeches.
Old 11-10-12, 16:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Lance did a lot of harm to a lot of people.

Sally Jenkins - what a pathetic excuse for a "reporter", much less a human being. I don't think we will be hearing a mea culpa from her anytime soon, she has jumped into the Armstrong scam head first.

She wrote "For a long, long time I’ve had serious doubts about the motives, efficiency and wisdom of these doping investigations." Well, there isn't any doubt anymore Sally, and somehow I don't think that Armstrong has a horde of writers and photographers hanging around him any more to document his greatness so you will have to look for other cheaters and dope dealers to glorify.
Old 11-10-12, 17:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
Lance did a lot of harm to a lot of people.

Sally Jenkins - what a pathetic excuse for a "reporter", much less a human being. I don't think we will be hearing a mea culpa from her anytime soon, she has jumped into the Armstrong scam head first.

She wrote "For a long, long time I’ve had serious doubts about the motives, efficiency and wisdom of these doping investigations." Well, there isn't any doubt anymore Sally, and somehow I don't think that Armstrong has a horde of writers and photographers hanging around him any more to document his greatness so you will have to look for other cheaters and dope dealers to glorify.
Sally and others profitted mightily for selling the myth. That pretty much disqualifies any opinion she'd have and is a small price to pay for selling out.
Old 11-10-12, 18:54

http://www.beobachter.ch/justiz-beho...ng-connection/

Translated....

Least as strong as for doping practices, the investigators are interested in the business, the Armstrong and Ferrari unwound together. The Italian prosecutor Benedetto Roberti from Padua studied since 2010, as the doping funds flowed. Relies on his findings and the Usada report. Roberti determined on suspicion of tax fraud, money laundering, forgery and drug trafficking. Also these tracks lead to Switzerland Engadin to Ticino banks - especially in the Canton of Neuchâtel.
There, in the Neuchâtel Hauterive suburb, was 26th 1996 February, the Health & Performance SA was founded. Official company purpose: "medical consultations related to professional sports, training, and care of athletes and sports groups." The share capital amounted to CHF 100,000. 98,000 francs brought the Neuchâtel Laurent Magne in the company, two other people bought for 1,000 francs per share.

Last edited by Susan Westemeyer; 11-10-12 at 19:34. Reason: do not quote entire articles
Old 11-10-12, 20:48

It seems the wristband crowd have moved on from Livestrong, and it's not the kid who stood up for something:

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/the-j...162018004.html

Quote:
Westfield said at 8pm last night that they had already given out all the wristbands:

"500 people are already in the queue for Kardashian wristbands; therefore anyone who arrives from now will not have the chance to meet them,"

This meant anyone arriving today could not pick up a wristband.

However, Khloe Kardashian has since taken to the girls' website to give their side of the story, sending their apologies to anyone who queued:

"In order to keep everyone safe, Westfield had to action a contingency plan for those who stood in line over night and made the decision to wristband the first 500 people because we didn't want it to become too intense for everyone."
Old 11-10-12, 21:21

gee... looks like he has really moved on

Lance Armstrong
‏@lancearmstrong

Quote:
Back in Austin and just layin' around... http://mob.li/_r4zAz
c*nt
Old 11-10-12, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post

Lance Armstrong
‏@lancearmstrong

c*nt
Before they get confiscated?

Last edited by cineteq; 11-10-12 at 21:44.
Old 11-10-12, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post

Lance Armstrong
‏@lancearmstrong

c*nt

All that's missing is Hamilton & Landis' heads mounted on the wall.
Old 11-10-12, 21:45

Very Charles Foster Kane.

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
Old 11-10-12, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
Very Charles Foster Kane.

Lol! It is :-D