Sky - Page 853 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8521  
Old 11-11-12, 21:23
JimmyFingers's Avatar
JimmyFingers JimmyFingers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Sure no problems.

What Ferrari says goes. I know.

He's da man.

I realise it doesn't suit your 'narrative' but I was expecting you'd be less...limp
Reply With Quote
  #8522  
Old 11-11-12, 22:14
Galic Ho's Avatar
Galic Ho Galic Ho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
eg: lance paid ferrari in 2009/2010 for training but there's no evidence. something changed, as banking no longer considered safe? too auditable?
Explain to me how one would go about obtaining any financial documents from a Swiss Bank? Those scum are the slipperiest weasels in world banking.

Swiss Banking is super safe. The problem is Federal Government agents who have the power to walk in and take records. Even then, you're banking on them not finding anything if the PTB have covered their tracks. That gets a little trickier when they are Italian. My guess is the Italian feds needed a lot of cross checking to get numbers on Ferrari. Armstrong is American, he no doubt had a lot of his assets in USA hands and institutions. A lot easier to get a hold of those than the Swiss ones.

There is a reason Ferrari set all his major business up in Switzerland and St Moritz has such a lovely reputation when it comes to cycling.
Reply With Quote
  #8523  
Old 11-11-12, 22:32
coinneach coinneach is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie's eyesore View Post
Something that is bothering me about Froome, his performance in the 2011 Vuelta was apparently down to him being doped up to the eyeballs due to a Sky doping programme.

Fair enough if that's what people wish to believe but maybe someone can explain why Sky were putting so much focus (and presumabbly expense) into getting Froome doped up when they clearly didn't rate him and had already planned to drop him from their squad at the end of the 2011 season? Clearly noone else on the Sky Vuelta squad was on the same programme as they were all completely useless apart from Froome and Wiggins.
Wiggins wasn't planning to ride the 11Vuelta: that only came a priority after his crash on the tour. I don't think Sky had made up their mind about Froome, but he had been ill/poorly performing for a while so wanted to see some reason to keep him. They sure saw it and yes, it was a surprise! But then, in the end, it was a surprise when Sky only came 2nd & 3rd and what happened to the guy who won it in 11, this year, BTW?

But, if one accepts your argument about it pointing to an individual programme rather than team, how do you explain his performance at Vuelta12? He gets the chance to be leader of super team....would you not do everything possible to take that chance, if he's hooked to some individual programme?
Reply With Quote
  #8524  
Old 11-11-12, 22:59
thehog thehog is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
I realise it doesn't suit your 'narrative' but I was expecting you'd be less...limp
It was a joke because it not what Ferrari actually said.

If you spoke Italian you'd know what he meant.

Ferrari whilst a very calculating man is still issuing statements in regards to his innocence.

But don't let that stop you from using him as Sky's new PR man for their cleanness! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #8525  
Old 11-11-12, 23:28
taiwan's Avatar
taiwan taiwan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,477
Default

One hypothesis for Froome: he was clean/relatively so, but went balls out, independently, for the 2011 Vuelta to save his job. Sky rehired him (interesting as if they let him get a contract elsewhere the team would be less conspicuous) and either let him into the enhanced A team or supervise his DIY program (deniable system operated with Leinders at Rabobank).

So he DIYd at that Vuelta, but in doing so raised his profile enough to merit support.

Should ask blackcat though who seems to have a special interest in the rider.
__________________
Scientific Expert

Last edited by taiwan; 11-11-12 at 23:30.
Reply With Quote
  #8526  
Old 11-11-12, 23:38
del1962 del1962 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsa View Post
Name them? I am not going to give you a geography lesson, but the Appalachains, Smokeys, Adirondacks, Catskills.....I could go on and on, and that is only in one small area of the Eastern US. The benefit of riding uphill for a 3000 ft elevation gain is pretty much self explanatory. If you don't understand that, you must not ride a bike.
Grand Tours tend to do a certain amount of racing over 2000m passes, surely you need to do some training for this, which means spending some time on altitude training.

Some think it is not necessary for sea level stuff, but Grand Tours don't stay at sea level.

Now if you want somewhere warm, not to far from europe to train, you would go to Tenerife.

Yes dopers have trained in tenerife, but that is because pro-cyclists have trained there, some of which happened to be dopers.

The Tenerife thing is the biggest red herring I have read on these pages.

Last edited by del1962; 11-11-12 at 23:48. Reason: Seal level change to sea level
Reply With Quote
  #8527  
Old 11-11-12, 23:47
Tinman's Avatar
Tinman Tinman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwan View Post
One hypothesis for Froome: he was clean/relatively so, but went balls out,...
Froome is all about his parasitic blood disease. THAT story needs mining.
__________________

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Reply With Quote
  #8528  
Old 11-11-12, 23:55
Dear Wiggo's Avatar
Dear Wiggo Dear Wiggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sunny Australia
Posts: 5,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Froome is all about his parasitic blood disease. THAT story needs mining.
Hypoxia induces EPO, no question. But once cleared up, that extra production of EPO by rights should go back to normal.

I read something earlier I need to follow up, that didn't make a lot of sense based on current EPO doping protocols. Something to do with repoxygen.

If only broken hearts lead to increased EPO
__________________
Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog
Reply With Quote
  #8529  
Old 11-12-12, 00:03
thehog thehog is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by del1962 View Post
Grand Tours tend to do a certain amount of racing over 2000m passes, surely you need to do some training for this, which means spending some time on altitude training.

Some think it is not necessary for sea level stuff, but Grand Tours don't stay at sea level.

Now if you want somewhere warm, not to far from europe to train, you would go to Tenerife.

Yes dopers have trained in tenerife, but that is because pro-cyclists have trained there, some of which happened to be dopers.

The Tenerife thing is the biggest red herring I have read on these pages.
You do realise that Tenerife is in Europe and part of the EU as a province of Spain?

It's not "close" to Europe because it is Europe.

Lotta smart guys popping on this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #8530  
Old 11-12-12, 00:07
del1962 del1962 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,322
Default

That really depends whatyou mean by europe, politically yes, but not geographically, which is compltely irrelevent to the argument anyway
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.