Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012) - Page 240 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-11-12, 23:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Armstrong is not a "corporate psychopath." He is a psychopath. Why Chris Golis makes the distinction is beyond me, especially given the traits he lists are straight from Robert Hare. In fact, by including the word "corporate," it undermines the level of Armstrong's dysfunction.
Old 11-11-12, 23:43

I do not share this obsession with Armstrong. I haven't said much about it, except questioning yet another thread opened some weeks back.

If any of the "clean" people I devote my energy to ever get sprung, I do not think I would dwell on it for long, but we'll have to wait and see the veracity of this.

Personally, kicking someone when they are already down, to me, feels wrong.
Old 11-11-12, 23:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
I do not share this obsession with Armstrong. I haven't said much about it, except questioning yet another thread opened some weeks back.

If any of the "clean" people I devote my energy to ever get sprung, I do not think I would dwell on it for long, but we'll have to wait and see the veracity of this.

1) Lance Armstrong, the biggest fraud in sporting history, was partially brought down by a myriad of individuals, some members of this forum, whose primary communications channel was the internet. They, or we, are not "obsessed" with Armstrong. We simply love cycling and know that cycling could not be become a clean sport until its most egregious cheat was brought to some form of justice.

2) We are not kicking a man when he is down. Lance Armstrong is a cheater, perjurer, and a criminal fraud. He cheated a variety of individuals and organizations out of many, many millions of dollars. His vindictive acts caused emotional, professional and financial harm to many.

Every governing body in cycling agrees with the findings of the USADA, yet Armstrong continues his arrogant defiance. I applaud those with the determination to respond to Armstrong's arrogance with the truth until Lance Armstrong is no longer newsworthy; however long that takes.
Old 11-11-12, 23:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post

Kicking someone when he is down? He has and is kicking people still.
Old 11-12-12, 00:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner29 View Post
Armstrong is not a "corporate psychopath." He is a psychopath. Why Chris Golis makes the distinction is beyond me, especially given the traits he lists are straight from Robert Hare. In fact, by including the word "corporate," it undermines the level of Armstrong's dysfunction.
There is a website where a person of some expertise sleuths statements made by prominent sports persons, politicians, criminals etc. to expose the use of particular substitute words and phrases that disclose they are publicly tampering with the truth.

On Armstrong

Deception Depth and Lance Armstrong

Extract

Quote:
Armstrong paid for UCI's new Sysmex blood testing machine which would catch cheaters. This reminds me of Elvis Presley at the White House, stoned out of his mind, receiving a special anti drug badge from President Nixon.

Other analyses of Armstrong on the website:

Lance Armstrong Under Oath

Transcripts: The World According to Lance Armstrong

Lance Armstrong: Sociopathic Liar?

Armstrong Steps Down From Foundation

Last edited by Velodude; 11-12-12 at 00:14.
Old 11-12-12, 00:21

The pic of Lance on the couch says it all.

It's Sunday, he should be age-grouping some sprint tri somewhere bringing awareness to people who don't know what cancer is yet.

Instead, he's imitating a couch potato in his trophy room all by himself.
Old 11-12-12, 00:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velodude View Post
There is a website where a person of some expertise sleuths statements made by prominent sports persons, politicians, criminals etc. to expose the use of particular substitute words and phrases that disclose they are publicly tampering with the truth.

On Armstrong

Deception Depth and Lance Armstrong

Extract

Other analyses of Armstrong on the website:

Lance Armstrong Under Oath

Transcripts: The World According to Lance Armstrong

Lance Armstrong: Sociopathic Liar?

Armstrong Steps Down From Foundation
"I have never failed in hundreds of drug tests" is like a bank robber saying that he made legal withdrawals hundreds of times without stealing. The number of ethical withdrawals does not negate even a single theft."

Have you seen the American TV show Moonshiners?

A tag line is "it's not illegal until you get caught."
Old 11-12-12, 01:03

Armstrong actually steps down from the Foundation.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...cancer-charity
Old 11-12-12, 01:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
The pic of Lance on the couch says it all.

It's Sunday, he should be age-grouping some sprint tri somewhere bringing awareness to people who don't know what cancer is yet.

Instead, he's imitating a couch potato in his trophy room all by himself.

He can't last long like this. There are people to intimidate, frauds to perform, fans to humiliate. It seems like the 'family man' B.S. has passed too.

He's going to screw this up too.

Last edited by Susan Westemeyer; 11-12-12 at 17:53. Reason: offensive
Old 11-12-12, 01:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
He can't last long like this. There are people to intimidate, frauds to perform, fans to humiliate. It seems like the 'family man' B.S. has passed too.

He's going to screw this up too.

I agree. He's got way too much time on his hands.

He's got no influence, no power, no friends. I'm guessing baby momma II is prolly gonna hit the road soon.

If he polishes his crystal ball real good he'll see a very bad version of Pete Rose. #bleakfuture.

Last edited by Susan Westemeyer; 11-12-12 at 17:53. Reason: quoting deleted material