Cricket- the sport not the insect - Page 115 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 09-18-12, 11:57

Just me being silly...
Old 10-31-12, 02:24

South Africa touring us should result in a 'whatwoorsh' for the visitors. They're just streets ahead of everybody else at the moment. Any country that can crush the likes of India and Sri Lanka in their backyard are outstanding, not even Australia during the glory days of the Waugh and early Ponting captancies could do that. Though I guess they have been helped by both India and Sri Lanka vastly regressing as opposed to where they were a decade ago.
Old 10-31-12, 03:00

Expecting England to get whitewashed in India as well.

Maybe I should be positive and hope they have learned to play spin in the last few weeks.
Old 11-05-12, 23:30

Meanwhile NZ and SL get washed away by the rain... You guys from England in here, who do you think should keep your wickets against India?
Old 11-11-12, 00:35

I'd have Prior keeping wicket.

My team would be: Cook, Compton, Trott, KP, Bell, Prior, Patel, Broad, Swann, Anderson, Finn.

Assuming Broad, Finn and Swann are all OK.

Well done Jacques Kallis!
Old 11-12-12, 05:44

Australia are recovering well in response to South Africa's 450. 4/344 after being 3/40.

Cowan out for 136, Hussey warming up on 28 and ACF's favourite player is on 136, after being caught behind on a no-ball last over. Looks like another high scoring draw folks *yawn*
Old 11-12-12, 06:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42x16ss View Post
Australia are recovering well in response to South Africa's 450. 4/344 after being 3/40.

Cowan out for 136, Hussey warming up on 28 and ACF's favourite player is on 136, after being caught behind on a no-ball last over. Looks like another high scoring draw folks *yawn*
Another Gabba snooze fest.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 11-12-12, 07:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
Another Gabba snooze fest.
Yep. I'm always so annoyed that the "sporting press" carry on like a bunch of prats the second a pitch actually has something in it for the bowlers. Gabba and Adelaide oval are just roads, WACA is losing more of it's legendary bounce each year and the MCG and SCG are turning less than ever.

May as well replace Aussie wickets with matted strips FFS.
Old 11-12-12, 07:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42x16ss View Post
Yep. I'm always so annoyed that the "sporting press" carry on like a bunch of prats the second a pitch actually has something in it for the bowlers. Gabba and Adelaide oval are just roads, WACA is losing more of it's legendary bounce each year and the MCG and SCG are turning less than ever.

May as well replace Aussie wickets with matted strips FFS.
Luckily we still have Tasmania....great pitch.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 11-12-12, 07:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
Luckily we still have Tasmania....great pitch.
True, Bellerive is the last venue that usually guarantees a result. Just enough swing and turn to trouble while still being playable. Melbourne and Adelaide used to be very similar until about 10-15 years ago.