Sky - Page 856 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-12-12, 11:40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
Yawn.

I tell you what, why don't you go first
I rest my case.

Next time you wish to quote provide a link to said supposed quote

Game, set, match Hog

That was easy!
Old 11-12-12, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
Sky has an almost religious appeal to you doesn't it? Next you'll be telling me that you found an image of Wiggins in a piece of toast.

Lets be honest, if they produced a film featuring Wiggins shooting up with a syringe marked EPO you'd still deny that it was evidence or proof.

What I find ironic is the Skyfanboys getting very upset about Sky critics playing 'connect the dots' to suggest doping, but you are just as happy to play 'connect the dots' to 'prove' that Sky aren't doping, making assumption about what Ferrari would or would not do.

One rule for you, one rule for Sky critics.

Hypocrite much?
That's a lot of words that lack any sort of relevance or contribution to this debate. I'm really not interested in personal jibes, just want the truth. Just because I disagree with you over certain issues related to cycling doesn't make us enemies.

The point I am making is that if Sky are working with Ferrari they would be unlikely to be training in Teide after what he said as detailed in the Bertognolli affidavit. As I said I feel like it's a red herring.

I am surprised you take that so personally.
Old 11-12-12, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
I rest my case.

Next time you wish to quote provide a link to said supposed quote

Game, set, match Hog

That was easy!
Saying things and putting smilie faces next to them doesn't make them true my friend
Old 11-12-12, 12:06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
Saying things and putting smilie faces next to them doesn't make them true my friend
Links?

Ferrari quotes?

Pants on fire indeed.

Well, well, well.

You can quote a crash but not a Ferrari quote l

You're a strange man. A strange man indeed.
Old 11-12-12, 12:10
Administrator

Jimmy and Hog, take your quibble to PMs. Stay on topic and stop with the personal stuff.

Yes, you may take this as an official warning.

Susan
Old 11-12-12, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Links?

Ferrari quotes?

Pants on fire indeed.

Well, well, well.

You can quote a crash but not a Ferrari quote l

You're a strange man. A strange man indeed.
No, I am asking you to quote from the Bertognolli affidavit to prove Ferrari didn't say not to use Teide
Old 11-12-12, 12:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
Jimmy and Hog, take your quibble to PMs. Stay on topic and stop with the personal stuff.

Yes, you may take this as an official warning.

Susan
I am trying to keep the debate from becoming personal, I have no interests in getting bogged down in personal arguments, particularly after receiving a torrent of abuse via PM over the weekend.
Old 11-12-12, 12:16

You look at the material and connect the dots and assume that Ferrari wouldn't go back to Tenerife. This is the very thing you have spent the last condemning Sky critics for doing.

It seems to me that connecting the dots and making assumptions is only acceptable in your eyes when it points to Sky not doping but when it comes to pointing to Sky doping then it is the product of a fevered imagination/anti-Britishness/bitter jealousy.

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
Old 11-12-12, 12:16

you might want to edit that
Old 11-12-12, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
You look at the material and connect the dots and assume that Ferrari wouldn't go back to Tenerife. This is the very thing you have spent the last condemning Sky critics for doing.
I don't believe I'm assuming, I'm just looking at likelihoods and logical choices. Given that it is monitored and riders have been caught there as a result, if you were doping you'd avoid places like that like the plague, both for the possibly of being caught and the speculation it opens you up to.

There is a possibility you'd go for the double bluff like you suggest, be brazen and assume the monitoring has tailed off, but it would be a high risk strategy. And if you avoid detection you still open yourself up to suspicion.