Sky - Page 856 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8551  
Old 11-12-12, 11:40
thehog thehog is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
Yawn.

I tell you what, why don't you go first
I rest my case.

Next time you wish to quote provide a link to said supposed quote

Game, set, match Hog

That was easy!
Reply With Quote
  #8552  
Old 11-12-12, 11:53
JimmyFingers's Avatar
JimmyFingers JimmyFingers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
Sky has an almost religious appeal to you doesn't it? Next you'll be telling me that you found an image of Wiggins in a piece of toast.

Lets be honest, if they produced a film featuring Wiggins shooting up with a syringe marked EPO you'd still deny that it was evidence or proof.

What I find ironic is the Skyfanboys getting very upset about Sky critics playing 'connect the dots' to suggest doping, but you are just as happy to play 'connect the dots' to 'prove' that Sky aren't doping, making assumption about what Ferrari would or would not do.

One rule for you, one rule for Sky critics.

Hypocrite much?
That's a lot of words that lack any sort of relevance or contribution to this debate. I'm really not interested in personal jibes, just want the truth. Just because I disagree with you over certain issues related to cycling doesn't make us enemies.

The point I am making is that if Sky are working with Ferrari they would be unlikely to be training in Teide after what he said as detailed in the Bertognolli affidavit. As I said I feel like it's a red herring.

I am surprised you take that so personally.
Reply With Quote
  #8553  
Old 11-12-12, 11:55
JimmyFingers's Avatar
JimmyFingers JimmyFingers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
I rest my case.

Next time you wish to quote provide a link to said supposed quote

Game, set, match Hog

That was easy!
Saying things and putting smilie faces next to them doesn't make them true my friend
Reply With Quote
  #8554  
Old 11-12-12, 12:06
thehog thehog is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
Saying things and putting smilie faces next to them doesn't make them true my friend
Links?

Ferrari quotes?

Pants on fire indeed.

Well, well, well.

You can quote a crash but not a Ferrari quote l

You're a strange man. A strange man indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #8555  
Old 11-12-12, 12:10
Susan Westemeyer's Avatar
Susan Westemeyer Susan Westemeyer is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,288
Default

Jimmy and Hog, take your quibble to PMs. Stay on topic and stop with the personal stuff.

Yes, you may take this as an official warning.

Susan
__________________
I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
Reply With Quote
  #8556  
Old 11-12-12, 12:10
JimmyFingers's Avatar
JimmyFingers JimmyFingers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Links?

Ferrari quotes?

Pants on fire indeed.

Well, well, well.

You can quote a crash but not a Ferrari quote l

You're a strange man. A strange man indeed.
No, I am asking you to quote from the Bertognolli affidavit to prove Ferrari didn't say not to use Teide
Reply With Quote
  #8557  
Old 11-12-12, 12:13
JimmyFingers's Avatar
JimmyFingers JimmyFingers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
Jimmy and Hog, take your quibble to PMs. Stay on topic and stop with the personal stuff.

Yes, you may take this as an official warning.

Susan
I am trying to keep the debate from becoming personal, I have no interests in getting bogged down in personal arguments, particularly after receiving a torrent of abuse via PM over the weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #8558  
Old 11-12-12, 12:16
Mrs John Murphy's Avatar
Mrs John Murphy Mrs John Murphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stamping on Cadel's dog
Posts: 2,167
Default

You look at the material and connect the dots and assume that Ferrari wouldn't go back to Tenerife. This is the very thing you have spent the last condemning Sky critics for doing.

It seems to me that connecting the dots and making assumptions is only acceptable in your eyes when it points to Sky not doping but when it comes to pointing to Sky doping then it is the product of a fevered imagination/anti-Britishness/bitter jealousy.
__________________
Justcycling

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
Reply With Quote
  #8559  
Old 11-12-12, 12:16
JimmyFingers's Avatar
JimmyFingers JimmyFingers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,847
Default

you might want to edit that
Reply With Quote
  #8560  
Old 11-12-12, 12:21
JimmyFingers's Avatar
JimmyFingers JimmyFingers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
You look at the material and connect the dots and assume that Ferrari wouldn't go back to Tenerife. This is the very thing you have spent the last condemning Sky critics for doing.
I don't believe I'm assuming, I'm just looking at likelihoods and logical choices. Given that it is monitored and riders have been caught there as a result, if you were doping you'd avoid places like that like the plague, both for the possibly of being caught and the speculation it opens you up to.

There is a possibility you'd go for the double bluff like you suggest, be brazen and assume the monitoring has tailed off, but it would be a high risk strategy. And if you avoid detection you still open yourself up to suspicion.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.